Kings Island 2020 Finally Open Thread

RedSummit20

Thanks for all the first day updates, everyone! The former Vortex plot looks like an impressive canyon! I hope to (eventually) see it in person. Also, how is The Bat doing (as in, lines/cleaning/social distancing markers, etc- pictures would be appriciated)? Thanks again and stay safe!

• Like 3

We stopped by at 4pm today. (Managed to snag a couple of spots this morning.) Temp checks were a breeze, no issues at all and the staff seemed energetic and happy. I think a lot of people had went home - Orion had a wait to its entrance, and nearly everything else was a walk-on. Did Banshee/Diamondback/Beast, grabbed some LaRosa's (we pulled the trigger on the meal plan) and left. Relaxing at the hotel, and going back tomorrow for Orion/a few others/lunch and ice cream.

And honestly - I felt safer at the park today than a trip to the grocery store.

• Like 1

So I guess I'll post this here as I think this vibes better around this topic. I am honestly kind of disappointed that the park didn't add any dining plan options for Meteor Canteen. I think they had a great thing going with adding a bathroom, and a restaurant, yet they didn't give us any new food items for the dining plan. Which don't get me wrong, I understand that not every location can have a dining plan option. However, considering their recent track record with adding dining plan options at recent additions like Miami Brewhouse, Coney Island BBQ and even Island Smokehouse, I would have thought an item or two would have been on the dining plan. (Preferably the brats as I can vibe with some brats and sauerkraut) 

• Like 3

^That's kind of my point. I get if like the item is a big ticket deal, but stuff like brats and hot dogs aren't really *big* for me. I think this is one of two things: A. The park needs cash due to covid or B. A massive oversight that the park didn't examine and think through. I can tell you that I personally witnessed a few people upset over the fact that they didn't have any dining plan options. 

• Like 1

I agree with @malem.  And maybe, just maybe, the park wants to try and make some money to offset the millions they have lost this year.  I know they are in the business to make money and my relationship with them is about that (from a cynical perspective), but I think back to how I have used my pass, meal plan and drink plan over the years.  So I will pay full freight at this stand at some point because you help people when they are down.  Slaughter me in response, but that is my perspective.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FOFirehawkFAN said:

Cedar Point is barren?

The only areas that are tree covered there is are the Frontier Trail and part of Frontiertown.

Little trees on the entrance midway, lakefront, dragster area,  Gemini area and  Millennium area etc      On a hot day there it’s miserable and several of their major queues lack shade.       It’s miserable at KI when it’s hot  as well   

Kings Dominion is Cedar Fairs most beautiful park and pleasant park on a hot day.      Most of that park is tree converted    Shade makes for a better customer experience but that seems to be a lost aspect with most CF parks   

• Like 2

I have a reservation for myself and a friend tomorrow.  Can someone explain how to get to the pre-assessment health screening so I can complete it?  Will they send me an email within 24 hours for me to complete it?  I made my reservation online the day reservations opened up and can’t sign into the app because I forgot my password and it always says internal error when I put forgot password. I called Kings Island about this but they said I didn’t need the app to make reservations but is that the only way to get my pre-assessment health screening?  Thank you!

A question I have for folks that have been to the park during an actual day.... What is the climate of the humans like? Are people being jerks to one another for the sake of being jerks, or is it similar to any other day during any other situations? I want to go pretty badly, but I also don't want to deal with people being jerks towards each other. 

41 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

A question I have for folks that have been to the park during an actual day.... What is the climate of the humans like? Are people being jerks to one another for the sake of being jerks, or is it similar to any other day during any other situations? I want to go pretty badly, but I also don't want to deal with people being jerks towards each other. 

I was only there for a brief time yesterday but it seemed like everyone was respecting the rules and keeping their distance. That said, I'd say the park was only half full of the new capacity by the time we got there. Currently in line for today (although we'll likely only do Orion if the lines are busy everywhere else) so we'll see how it goes today.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Fishely said:

Could someone explain how these work? Like what if you want to ride Orion more then once? Or if these are reducing wait time for Orion. Photo from CPfoodblog on Twitter.

52C5F1B0-6C84-43F9-9D3B-C7572A6FB3E1.jpeg

They're handing them out at Area 72's entrance. You get one, then line up anytime during your designated timeframe.

If you want to ride it again, you go back and get another pass for the next available time.

Been here since park opening, lines are getting long now. Experience so far...

Woodstock Express - walk on

Flying Ace - 10 min

Stunt Coaster- 15 min

Beast - 30 min

Mystic Timbers is now down, log flume is down, Diamondback is 90 min wait. Might as well each lunch!

On 6/29/2020 at 11:38 AM, coaster sally said:

Hopefully they will learn from other parks and have a ride host or security walking through the queues enforcing the mask policy.  At silver dollar city/Dollywood lots of people think they are in the clear when they are in the que and pull their masks down or take off.

Odds are they won't.