Kings Island 2020 Finally Open Thread

RedSummit20

6 minutes ago, coasterfanatic83 said:

Does the elimination of the reservation system also remove the health pre-screen?

It is still on the app but without the reservation I don't know how they'll track it. I am not sure what it appeared on the screen when checking in to say whether it was actually completed or not.

Curious if the no reservations is effective immediately or if it will be effective in August. We have reservations for next Monday and Tuesday, and it would suck to get there for our reservations and then find they've hit capacity, although I guess they have a way of figuring out how many tickets were already pre-sold. 

On the other hand, we're going next week, which is the final week of closing at 7 p.m., so maybe people will sit it out until they can stay a bit later the next week. 

• Like 1

And no reservations could end up deterring people from going that have a long drive to park and risk it being at "capacity" when they arrive or people now concerned that the crowd levels will not be maintained as well as they were....wouldn't that suck for the park if attendance goes down now...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

What is that helicopter doing? It literally has all of the rides shut down because it is getting extremely close to the rides.

We were talking about this in another thread. Sounds like someone jumped a fence at Soak City to escape an accident. They locked down the park.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stoan said:

We were talking about this in another thread. Sounds like someone jumped a fence at Soak City to escape an accident. They locked down the park.

I hope the helicopter and the accident are not connected. I hope the park contacts the police.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Winterfestguy said:

Also note on August calendar park is closed Wednesdays and Thursdays for the first two weeks of August and starting August 17 closed Monday through Friday for the remainder of August - not many summer operating days left.

Yea, once school starts they really can't be open during the week.  No workers...

Bummer.   Summer's almost over.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, chibul said:

It's not masks. It's the fact that there's a pandemic.

Ya, it's not very shocking that families are taking the better safe than sorry responsible route.  Wages are down or non existent and no one really knows how long this thing is gonna last. I know if I had kids I wouldn't be risking their health. Mistakes that can result in death are generally avoided and can derail families.  

• Like 2

My family and I drove past the park today and it was great to see everything up and running again! Specifically, I saw Orion go as well as The Bat on the lift hill (also, DT was on its way up the tower); everything looked so vibrant! Also, it looks like you get massive ejector air on Orion's return hill (before the helix, I think?).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

My family and I drove past the park today and it was great to see everything up and running again! Specifically, I saw Orion go as well as The Bat on the lift hill (also, DT was on its way up the tower); everything looked so vibrant! Also, it looks like you get massive ejector air on Orion's return hill (before the helix, I think?).

Looks are deceiving 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One thing I noticed that could be improved is there seems to be a lot of confusion on where the line for Orion is.  I saw multiple people holding up their cards and getting in line for Flight of Fear.  The attendant wasn't very attentive, he should have made sure they were in the right line.  A large sign in the middle of the plaza pointing to Flight of Fear (left) and Orion (right) may go along way.  Imagine getting in line for Flight of Fear only to realize after your time has expired that you are in the wrong queue.  Just a suggestion.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, robintodd said:

One thing I noticed that could be improved is there seems to be a lot of confusion on where the line for Orion is.  I saw multiple people holding up their cards and getting in line for Flight of Fear.  The attendant wasn't very attentive, he should have made sure they were in the right line.  A large sign in the middle of the plaza pointing to Flight of Fear (left) and Orion (right) may go along way.  Imagine getting in line for Flight of Fear only to realize after your time has expired that you are in the wrong queue.  Just a suggestion.

Or maybe just read the signs that are already there? Both ride signs are right above their respective entrances.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, robintodd said:

Can’t cure stupid. 

• Like 2