Kings Island 2020 Finally Open Thread

RedSummit20

On 8/21/2020 at 1:45 PM, BeastieFanatic said:

Also worth mentioning that 0.4% of the worlds population is a little over 3 million people. I know it seems like a small percentage but when its viral and you realize just how many people could die, it becomes obvious why we are taking so many precautions

Now with the CDC coming out and stating that only 6% of the deaths have been caused by Covid, will that change the outlook from the states and lessen the fear?  Doing the math, that takes the number down to 180,000.  By my math, that equals a .002% of the worlds population.  You are more likely to have a deadly accident on the way to the amusement park.  Does it mean we quit being careful?  No, but hopefully it helps relieve the fear that has been given to us by the media and their inaccurate reporting.  

• Confused 4

27 minutes ago, alsoran said:

Now with the CDC coming out and stating that only 6% of the deaths have been caused by Covid, will that change the outlook from the states and lessen the fear?

Please do some research into these things before spreading false information.  That is not remotely what the CDC said, and not how human health works.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/08/31/trump-picks-up-where-fox-news-left-off-with-new-coronavirus-death-toll-conspiracy-theory/

• Like 8

3 hours ago, alsoran said:

Now with the CDC coming out and stating that only 6% of the deaths have been caused by Covid, will that change the outlook from the states and lessen the fear?  Doing the math, that takes the number down to 180,000.  By my math, that equals a .002% of the worlds population.  You are more likely to have a deadly accident on the way to the amusement park.  Does it mean we quit being careful?  No, but hopefully it helps relieve the fear that has been given to us by the media and their inaccurate reporting.  

Fauci debunks the low CDC coronavirus death toll numbers - there actually are 180,000+ deaths 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/01/fauci-debunks-theories-of-low-cdc-coronavirus-death-toll-there-are-180000-plus-deaths-in-us.html?&qsearchterm=fauci debunks theories

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The park NEEDS to sanitize the ride seats, and lap bars from the previous riders. Especially when they don’t even require hands to be sanitized prior to riding. Just come ride and touch everything. Who knows if you washed your hands free of COVID, after eating finger licking good BBQ at Coney Barb-B-Que then afterwards get on Diamondback. 

• Haha 2

^Personally, I'd like to see KI start using the Dollywood model and hand out hand sanitizer before you ride. Sure, one can touch their face and etc before riding but the act helps. While I think I do believe they should spray down the cars before each cycle, I don't think it's 100% profitable as it takes a lot of time to clean and it would create a mess with the lines. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tr0y said:

The park NEEDS to sanitize the ride seats, and lap bars from the previous riders. Especially when they don’t even require hands to be sanitized prior to riding. Just come ride and touch everything. Who knows if you washed your hands free of COVID, after eating finger licking good BBQ at Coney Barb-B-Que then afterwards get on Diamondback. 

I agree, but the park can't hold your hand (no pun intended!), it is your responsibility to be cautious and not touch your face and wash/sanitize your hands after touching surfaces. 

• Like 2

On 8/21/2020 at 3:08 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

The last line of your post, although I admit that it’s the most selfish reason, is the biggest motivator for me to make sure I mask up. I’m so over this. I’m sure all of you are too.

I am going to disagree with Gordon.  I think the less we do the quicker we will get over it.  Things would get very bad however.  A vaccine is almost here and this virus will be out the door.

15 hours ago, Phantom Theater said:

I agree, but the park can't hold your hand (no pun intended!), it is your responsibility to be cautious and not touch your face and wash/sanitize your hands after touching surfaces. 

It’s not about me protecting me, it’s about the park protecting everyone from everybody. If I had the choice I wouldn’t be wearing a mask, but the park requires us to wear one to protect others. Yet they’re not protecting us from us by not requiring hands being sanitized prior to riding, or sanitizing seats and lap bars. Those seats are disgusting remember the old Diamondback seats? Those black blotches in the headrest are from people:

BE93BEBD-C4BF-43E2-AA4E-A692334178E3.jpeg

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tr0y said:

It’s not about me protecting me, it’s about the park protecting everyone from everybody. If I had the choice I wouldn’t be wearing a mask, but the park requires us to wear one to protect others. Yet they’re not protecting us from us by not requiring hands being sanitized prior to riding, or sanitizing seats and lap bars. Those seats are disgusting remember the old Diamondback seats? Those black blotches in the headrest are from people:

Not wearing a mask increases your chance of transmitting the virus to someone who cannot protect themselves from that. You can wash and sanitize your hands after touching surfaces, and you yourself would be responsible for getting yourself sick if you don't. They do sanitize the seats and lap bars, but not after every train empties. If the park wanted to protect everyone from everybody, they'd be closed.

• Like 1

Not that I am a fan of over regulating things, but I do wish the park would require hand hygiene before a ride.  If the hand sanitizer station was at the separator position, it could be monitored closer--so many of the stations have been bone dry when I have visited.  Check mask, check that hands have sanitizer in them and allow to pass.  Riders could do the hand hygiene while waiting for the next train before the gates open.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

I agree about the hand sanitizer, although I personally would like to see it directly after each ride instead of before.  It would be nice to see more permanent installations of dispensers at major ride exits.

Ideally, it would be at both positions.  Similar to a hospital room--you sanitize before entering and before exiting.  But the stations that I have experienced after riding are almost always empty.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phantom Theater said:

Not wearing a mask increases your chance of transmitting the virus to someone who cannot protect themselves from that. You can wash and sanitize your hands after touching surfaces, and you yourself would be responsible for getting yourself sick if you don't. They do sanitize the seats and lap bars, but not after every train empties. If the park wanted to protect everyone from everybody, they'd be closed.

Your right, also not washing my hands would be pretty much like not wearing a mask and would increases my chance of spreading COVID. If it’s not the park’s responsibility for me giving myself COVID, then they shouldn’t require me to wear a mask, and only the people concerned with getting COVID should be wearing mask and socially distancing to protect themselves. I’m not trying to argue about closing the park, that’s the last thing I want to see is the park closed. I just want the park to do the right thing, protect people in order to keep itself open. If you look at all the B&Ms Kings Island has they all have black seats now. They’re black because that color doesn’t show as much how nasty the seats are because they don’t clean the seats like they should. Like the old Diamondback seats you can see in the above post.

On 9/1/2020 at 12:22 PM, alsoran said:

Right or wrong I'm seeing this one spread all over facebook now. The idea that only 6% of covid deaths are really covid deaths. The idea that something else really caused the death.

25 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

Right or wrong I'm seeing this one spread all over facebook now. The idea that only 6% of covid deaths are really covid deaths. The idea that something else really caused the death.

It comes from a fundamental misunderstanding of how human health works.  A virus infecting you doesn't just kill you.  It infects various systems in your body which causes them to fail, or causes your immune system to overreact and basically attack your body, not just the infection.

When someone passes away in a car crash, the car crash itself didn't directly kill them.  It causes catastrophic damage to one or more organs without which the victim cannot survive.  So, cause of death would be, for instance, a traumatic brain injury that was the direct result of the car crash.  In other words, the cause of death is more of a chain of events than "this one thing killed the victim".

COVID-19 can both cause other conditions and trigger pre-existing conditions to become fatal, in a way that would not have happened without some outside influence like COVID-19.

The 6% with only COVID-19 listed as CoD means that simply nothing else was filled in.  It doesn't say why.

So the 6% if anything to me just says that whomever filled out the death certificate didn't have details on what COVID-19 did to the victim to cause their death.  AKA 6% with incomplete info, rather than 6% who actually "died of COVID-19".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jsus said:

It comes from a fundamental misunderstanding of how human health works.  A virus infecting you doesn't just kill you.  It infects various systems in your body which causes them to fail, or causes your immune system to overreact and basically attack your body, not just the infection.

When someone passes away in a car crash, the car crash itself didn't directly kill them.  It causes catastrophic damage to one or more organs without which the victim cannot survive.  So, cause of death would be, for instance, a traumatic brain injury that was the direct result of the car crash.  In other words, the cause of death is more of a chain of events than "this one thing killed the victim".

COVID-19 can both cause other conditions and trigger pre-existing conditions to become fatal, in a way that would not have happened without some outside influence like COVID-19.

The 6% with only COVID-19 listed as CoD means that simply nothing else was filled in.  It doesn't say why.

So the 6% if anything to me just says that whomever filled out the death certificate didn't have details on what COVID-19 did to the victim to cause their death.  AKA 6% with incomplete info, rather than 6% who actually "died of COVID-19".

The common cold can do the same thing as well as the seasonal flu.  The numbers for these things have been hidden from what I can see, or cannot find.  I will stand firm in understanding the numbers are meant to put fear into the American people.  I have a friend that lost his wife early in this situation that was deemed a COVID death to find out a week later from the doctor that there was no possible way for that to be true.  I don't know if the cause of death was changed, but I would believe it wasn't.  I have known of 5 people around me that signed up to get tested, but didn't wait in line to get tested, but got a letter saying they were positive.  There was a case from a place I am involved with that had a woman go to the hospital with symptoms, but the hospital refused to test for COVID.  My son-in-law was tested on a Monday, negative on Wed, but was still not feeling well.  He then remembered he had a tick on him and went to get tested for Lime disease and was told by the doctor with no test that he then had COVID.  The drive through tests seem to show mostly positive, but ones that get tested for a procedure in a hospital all seem to come back negative.  My daughter works in the medical field, and has seen the same person get tested 6 times and all six positive, and all six added to the counts that are being publicized.  

I said this before, and I will continue with it, yes, there is a virus that is nasty and nobody wants to get it.  I just think we need to ask questions about why all things are not as we are being told.  One other question, If this is so deadly, why haven't doctors and nurses died at an exponential rate?  Just a thought.  Protect yourself as you see fit.  Wear a mask as needed, social distance when possible, but please ask questions.

On 9/1/2020 at 3:31 PM, Winterfestguy said:

I am sorry, I don't believe a word Fauci says after the debate with him and the Senator(?), I can't remember his name, asked him about his approval of the gathering for the protests.  He would not answer the simple question that was asked.  He was asked if he approved of the protesting, but not church.  He never clearly answered the question.  Just said he did not think it was a good idea to gather together, but did say church should not gather prior at a prior time.  Everything I have heard from him seems wishy washy.  But, that is my opinion.  I am believing the CDC as what they have posted.  

15 hours ago, Tr0y said:

Your right, also not washing my hands would be pretty much like not wearing a mask and would increases my chance of spreading COVID. If it’s not the park’s responsibility for me giving myself COVID, then they shouldn’t require me to wear a mask, and only the people concerned with getting COVID should be wearing mask and socially distancing to protect themselves. I’m not trying to argue about closing the park, that’s the last thing I want to see is the park closed. I just want the park to do the right thing, protect people in order to keep itself open. If you look at all the B&Ms Kings Island has they all have black seats now. They’re black because that color doesn’t show as much how nasty the seats are because they don’t clean the seats like they should. Like the old Diamondback seats you can see in the above post.

Not washing your hands does increase the chance of spreading the virus to yourself, not so much to others as long as everyone washes their hands and uses sanitizer. I think you have a misunderstanding of what the mask is intended to do. It is to decrease the chance of spreading the virus from your mouth or nose. To have some people wearing masks and some not completely negates the point of the mask mandate. The park already cleans the trains, just not every time they empty. I'm not sure how often you touch the back of your clothing or hair and then put your fingers anywhere on your face or into your mouth, but it would be wise not do so. 

Wear your mask to help slow the spread to others, wash your hands to decrease the chance of contracting it yourself. 

19 hours ago, alsoran said:

I am sorry, I don't believe a word Fauci says after the debate with him and the Senator(?), I can't remember his name, asked him about his approval of the gathering for the protests.  He would not answer the simple question that was asked.  He was asked if he approved of the protesting, but not church.  He never clearly answered the question.  Just said he did not think it was a good idea to gather together, but did say church should not gather prior at a prior time.  Everything I have heard from him seems wishy washy.  But, that is my opinion.  I am believing the CDC as what they have posted.  

Forget about Fauci.  The chief of mortality statistics at the CDC said Covid is listed as the underlying cause of death on 92% of death certificates where it's mentioned as a factor.  This is the guy who is responsible for the statistic in question, providing additional context.  If you believe the CDC, you believe this.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1301205399312441344?s=20

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 10:09 AM, BeeastFarmer said:

I disagree.  It's human grease.  Sweat, oil, cosmetics, hair products etc (among other things).

The park noted a couple years ago when the seats were replaced that the stains were from things like hair products, sweat, etc. Makes you wonder why the seat manufacturer didn't test the seat material against these things before sending them to the park in the first place.

43 minutes ago, Gabe said:

The park noted a couple years ago when the seats were replaced that the stains were from things like hair products, sweat, etc. Makes you wonder why the seat manufacturer didn't test the seat material against these things before sending them to the park in the first place.

Just because there is stain doesn't mean it's loaded germs. 

On 9/4/2020 at 12:16 PM, Gabe said:

Makes me wonder why the park doesn’t just clean the seats and trains like they should, and even more so with COVID. When things get back to normal it should be done at the end of the day. And no rain is not going to clean it, they need to buy a couple truck brushes with the long handle and scrub them down with some Dawn soap to get all the grit, oil and hair products out. The seats became stained because of years of neglect. Dirt, sweat, Hair products being left on, drying, or being baked on by the sun. I know some parks B&M seats start fouling and they cut that part of the seat out and add filler to make it look somewhat normal again.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 1:00 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

Just because there is stain doesn't mean it's loaded germs. 

Maybe not first thing in the morning, but on a busy day with a ridership capacity of 1,620 people an hour, it’s a cesspool. Viruses and bacteria can survive hours to days on surfaces:

On 9/4/2020 at 2:12 PM, MoreFogPlease said:

So do you seriously think that they are faking positive tests and deaths in nearly every country in the world, just to make Americans feel scared?

What do I think?  I think they are trying to divert the attention away from something else going on and not sure what that is yet.  There, I said that.  I have talked to people that have not been tested but received a positive result.  Please explain the purpose for this?  A friend lost his wife from a blood clot in her lung, but was called a COVID death, why?  It wasn't COVID, it was a blood clot.  It is unfortunate that we are going through this, and I am not sure why we haven't gotten true numbers, but that is my belief and that is what I am questioning.  I don't expect anyone else to agree with me, that is their choice, but at least ask questions.  Why are hospitals getting a kickback to report COVID deaths?  I have no proof of the hospitals getting this, but have heard from a few reliable personable sources that it is.  

Protect yourself the way you believe you need to.  Ask about the things going on.  We have been teaching our kids to not question authority and that ends up giving to much power to the ones in charge.  Just think about that for a short bit.