The Proposed CCI Dueling Coaster

gforce1994

They're all KI coasters that never were created linking back to Coaster Nation. I created a thread focusing on Amusement Park railroads where I continued to add chapters and updated information whenever I had a new topic to discuss. @TombraiderTy did the same thing with his History of Haunt thread. If there was a giant thread called "KI Coasters that never Were" or something where @gforce1994 could update with new chapters and such it would look better in my opinion.

• Like 1

They're all KI coasters that never were created linking back to Coaster Nation. I created a thread focusing on Amusement Park railroads where I continued to add chapters and updated information whenever I had a new topic to discuss. [mention=9456]TombraiderTy[/mention] did the same thing with his History of Haunt thread. If there was a giant thread called "KI Coasters that never Were" or something where [mention=8818]gforce1994[/mention] could update with new chapters and such it would look better in my opinion.

Well if it’s a problem, I’m sure the admins will do their job and suggest it. If it’s not, it’s not. Since I’m not an admin, I don’t worry about things I don’t need to worry about. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, dbackdreams said:

What is a cci?

Custom Coasters International. They designed wood coasters. They are no longer in business.

There is now many GCI (Great Coasters International) who designed Mystic Timbers.

RMC (Rocky Mountain Coasters) who coverts coasters like Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point.

The Gravity Group is local to Cincinnati and they made The Voyage at Holiday World and the new wooden coaster Kentucky Flyer at Kentucky Kingdom.

There are a few more manufactures, but those are the biggest names in wooden coasters right now.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dbackdreams said:

What is a cci?

Custom coasters international. It is a wooden coaster company that was the go to company for wooden coasters in the late 1990s and early 2000s. They are known for their legendary coasters such as shivering timbers, raven, legend, cornball express, etc. They went out of business around 18 years ago.

Edit: Little late to the party lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Custom Coasters International. They designed wood coasters. They are no longer in business.

There is now many GCI (Great Coasters International) who designed Mystic Timbers.

RMC (Rocky Mountain Coasters) who coverts coasters like Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point.

The Gravity Group is local to Cincinnati and they made The Voyage at Holiday World and the new wooden coaster Kentucky Flyer at Kentucky Kingdom.

There are a few more manufactures, but those are the biggest names in wooden coasters right now.

Plus the GG team consists of many workers from the old CCI company.

It is also interesting to note that CCI was favored heavily by Six Flags, CF, and independent parks. Paramount did not buy a single CCI coaster.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Plus the GG team consists of many workers from the old CCI company.

It is also interesting to note that CCI was favored heavily by Six Flags, CF, and independent parks. Paramount did not buy a single CCI coaster.

I mean the Paramount Parks already had a pretty large wooden coaster collection and they seemed to focus on somewhat unique or innovative rides. Also I don’t think Cedar Fair built a single CCI rollercoaster.

13 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Shivering Timbers?

That was built before the park was purchased by Cedar Fair. Ghost Rider while finished under CedarFair management was already designed and under construction before their purchase, similar to The Bat.

11 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I rode GhostRider in February. It it in the top 5 of my favorite wood coasters now.

Its an often forgotten gem.  I rode both "versions" pre and post re-do.  I re-rode last year and it reminded me how much fun it is.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

I see. I know they got new trains, but I’m curious did they alter the support structure? Due to the heavier trains they would have had to alter the structure to accommodate new loads and lateral seismic requirements.

ARE Millennium Flyers actually heavier than PTCs? Do any of us here know that?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

ARE Millennium Flyers actually heavier than PTCs? Do any of us here know that?

That’s what I was told. If you look at each GCI train, they have more axles, wheels, and chassis per row and overall, compared to PTC.

40 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

That’s what I was told. If you look at each GCI train, they have more axles, wheels, and chassis per row and overall, compared to PTC.

It's one axle and two road wheels, lateral wheels, and upstop wheels per row, which is the same as PTC. I don't know what the stripped-down chasses of PTC cars or Millennium Flyers look like, though, so I'll give you that one.

Out of pure curiosity, can I ask who told you?

Just now, TombRaiderFTW said:

It's one axle and two road wheels, lateral wheels, and upstop wheels per row, which is the same as PTC. I don't know what the stripped-down chasses of PTC cars or Millennium Flyers look like, though, so I'll give you that one.

Out of pure curiosity, can I ask who told you?

What is PTC and ustop wheel.  Are they breaks?

PTC = Philadelphia Toboggan Company (or Coasters). The defunct ride/coaster company that built Racer and Woodstock Express.

Upstops are the wheels that run underneath the rails of the track, to keep the train from flying off.

EDIT:

My mistake. Always forget they're not defunct, as they do make trains, just not full-scale coasters anymore...

8 minutes ago, BeastForever said:

PTC = Philadelphia Toboggan Company (or Coasters). The defunct ride/coaster company that built Racer and Woodstock Express.

Upstops are the wheels that run underneath the rails of the track, to keep the train from flying off.

EDIT:

My mistake. Always forget they're not defunct, as they do make trains, just not full-scale coasters anymore...

Thanks you. I learning everyday about coasters. 

• Like 2