Is it possible to ride all of the major coasters at KI & CP with FLP in one day?

CoasterDan

Hello everyone, I think it's possible to ride all 28 (Racer & Gemini are two coasters a piece to me) major coasters at KI & CP in one day with FLP. All of my family does not. This "challenge would be done during a weekday where both parks are open 10-10 and under regular operations (none convid-19, so this challenge would have to wait until next year probably and after the Orion hype dies down a little). It's about 3 & a half hours between the parks so that gives you 8 & a half hours to do all the coasters or about 18 minutes a coaster. As long as it's not a overly crowded day and ride reliability is on your side, it seems very doable to me. What say you?

Its entirely possible, just depends on the crowds.  That is a lot of hustlin though.

If you got there for early ride time, you could get on Orion around 9:30 (assuming that will be available for early ride time next year) then move to FOF (which is also likely be early ride time next year I'd guess) then Stunt Coaster and The Beast and perhaps have all of those rides knocked out by 10:30.

From there, lines should be pretty easy.  Racer, Adventure Express would be quick over the Banshee, The Bat and Invertigo.  KI should be done by 12:00 and that is without FP.  Give you half an hour to hit the bathroom and get to your car, would put you at CF @ 4:00.  From there, I don't know how quickly you could get thru the Pointe, crowds would obviously play a big role in that.

Would be run to try.

I question 3.5 hours between parks, you are going to have to go through Columbus and use 71 at some point and will likely hit some construction delays.  I do not recommend speeding on the two lane highways out of Sandusky, either route 4 or the 250 and 13 route.  I find both within 5 minutes of each other but route 4 is much simpler and can be mind numbing. 

Even with FLP Steel Vengeance, Maverick and Millennium Force can take some time depending on crowds.  Then of course there is TTD, which may not be cooperative at all.   

To add another challenge see if you can get 3 All-Season Meal Plan baskets in. I have seen the possibility discussed but don’t know if anyone has actually attempted or been successful.  

I almost wonder if the best bet would be to start at CP, as in my experience the lines there are longer. But you can benefit by going through the back entrance by Magnum and hitting a lot of the coasters back there before the park even opens (give yourself an edge by staying at a CP hotel the night before and getting in an hour before the GP). I know when I was younger, it was possible to knock out most of the rides at CP before lunch, but they'd added quite a bit since then. 

In my experience, KI tends to have longer lines in the morning than in the evening (although using FLP, that doesn't really matter, I guess). On a weeknight, particularly late July or early August, KI often has next to no wait times on most their coasters, even without FLP. I think it's doable. But like @King Ding Dong said, traffic is going to be your biggest headache. Going through Dayton area is never fun, and I'm always surprised how much construction there is. 

But I've seen videos of people who do all the Disney World parks in one day; no reason knocking out all the coasters at KI and CP shouldn't be possible. 

39 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I question 3.5 hours between parks, you are going to have to go through Columbus and use 71 at some point and will likely hit some construction delays.  I do not recommend speeding on the two lane highways out of Sandusky, either route 4 or the 250 and 13 route.  I find both within 5 minutes of each other but route 4 is much simpler and can be mind numbing. 

Even with FLP Steel Vengeance, Maverick and Millennium Force can take some time depending on crowds.  Then of course there is TTD, which may not be cooperative at all.   

To add another challenge see if you can get 3 All-Season Meal Plan baskets in. I have seen the possibility discussed but don’t know if anyone has actually attempted or been successful.  

Call it 4 hours then, it's not going to make it significantly harder than it already was.

35 minutes ago, cdubbs727 said:

I almost wonder if the best bet would be to start at CP, as in my experience the lines there are longer. But you can benefit by going through the back entrance by Magnum and hitting a lot of the coasters back there before the park even opens (give yourself an edge by staying at a CP hotel the night before and getting in an hour before the GP). I know when I was younger, it was possible to knock out most of the rides at CP before lunch, but they'd added quite a bit since then. 

In my experience, KI tends to have longer lines in the morning than in the evening (although using FLP, that doesn't really matter, I guess). On a weeknight, particularly late July or early August, KI often has next to no wait times on most their coasters, even without FLP. I think it's doable. But like @King Ding Dong said, traffic is going to be your biggest headache. Going through Dayton area is never fun, and I'm always surprised how much construction there is. 

But I've seen videos of people who do all the Disney World parks in one day; no reason knocking out all the coasters at KI and CP shouldn't be possible. 

If you could legit knock out all the rides @ CP by 2:00, then for sure if you got to KI by 6:00 and had FLP you could knock out all the coasters @ KI by 10:00 close.

2 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

That is too easy of a challenge.  I have done that several times at KI/CP and once at KD/Cwinds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cdubbs727 said:

Not to mention the select few who have done all 6 domestic parks in one day, though that involved doing only a few rides at each.

One time I thought about stopping at KI to ride something before heading up to Cedar Point for a weekend (It never ended up happening, though). I was inspired by a Coaster Studios video where Taylor went to KD and Knott's in the same day. I think the rule was you had to ride at least one thing (Dominator at KD and Ghostrider and KBF) and (I think?) get a meal there. He was successful!

Also, this talk of challenges reminds me of something I did a couple of years ago. I did this interesting challenge where I rode every ride in what I called  "The Core" (these were rides that (IMO) hadn't changed significantly since 2001). When I first did it in 2012, it was 22 rides and I was exhausted by the time I was done (the other successful attempt was in 2014 and that was just 15 rides). The whole concept of "The Core" was a big deal to me back then, but now I don't care as much (though I still do like my 90's/early 2000's rides!)

Finally, I wish you the best on your challenge @CoasterDan!

@malem , I smell a challenge once I'm back to going to parks. 

I think it comes down to which park to do first, a good route between the parks, finding efficient paths through the parks, and hoping the non-FL/FLP coasters are short waits.  

Does this include coasters in kids areas?  Does ERT count?

^ The closest I've come to this is 9am-12am at Cedar Point, followed by 9:30am-12am at Kings Island the next morning. You get about 4 hours of sleep in a best case scenario, so it's not really something I would recommend.

Doing all the coasters at both parks on a 10:00am to 10:00pm day would be a really tall order. You would need light attendance and perfect Intamin luck at Cedar Point, which would probably need to be the first park of the day to take advantage of lighter morning crowds. If I had platinum season Fast Lane Plus, I might try it.

To me, KI in and of itself isn't the problem.  I've knocked out the entire line up (sans PS but those wouldn't add that much) in a few hours on a dead day (that was with Vortex and Firehawk).  CP is much more spread out than KI and CP's FL lines don't always merge at the station.  Also, there'd be a big sprint from between MF/Rougarou and Maverick, not to mention 2 railroad crossings at CP.  

It would mean getting Maverick and SV back to back at CP and DB/MT/Beast at KI though. ^_^ Riding both sides of Gemini and Racer could make it tougher. 

Also wind or inclement weather at CP.  

My thinking would be to start at CP and make up time at KI.  

Looking through Google Maps, most of the faster routes either way go through C-bus, which is construction laden at the moment.  

2 hours ago, malem said:

^ The closest I've come to this is 9am-12am at Cedar Point, followed by 9:30am-12am at Kings Island the next morning. You get about 4 hours of sleep in a best case scenario, so it's not really something I would recommend.

Doing all the coasters at both parks on a 10:00am to 10:00pm day would be a really tall order. You would need light attendance and perfect Intamin luck at Cedar Point, which would probably need to be the first park of the day to take advantage of lighter morning crowds. If I had platinum season Fast Lane Plus, I might try it.

That could be an interesting thread by itself. The crazy stuff we have done to get to parks back to back.  Like I'm planning on being at Indiana Beach until 11pm on July 4th then driving to Mount Olympus for a 10am open the next morning.