Dollywood reopening passholder day

LuckyluvsKI

My hubs and I went to Dollywood reopening as we were already in The area vacationing. Couldn't have asked for a nice time. Sure no masks would be great but they weren't a dealbreaker for us anyways. 
Both days were practically walk on in most coasters, longest was lightning rod  and fire chaser express both at 45 mins. Tuesday we walked on fire chaser. For first time visiting that park it is beautiful. They still went ahead with the flower and food festival the topiaries were amazingly beautiful. The festival food booths opened at odd times and so we didn't get to experience those but the options looked delicious and compared to Epcot's food fest the prices were extremely reasonable. Entree were around 6.99 desserts 5.99 and the specialty drinks 4.99. Lots of variety to choose from all spring and summer inspired. 

favorite ride of the trip, I thought it would be lightning rod but I found Wild Eagle to take my top spot, though Tennessee tornado was also fun and smooth for an older arrow looper. Dragon flyer packs quite a punch for a  "family" coaster LOLOL!  Mystery mine was down both days the only coaster not checked off our list. 

all in all I couldn't be happier with our first visit under these interesting times. It was nice just being in a theme park again and away from it all. 

• Like 1

Last summer was the only time I've been to Dollywood, we loved it.  Park had to shut down for a few hours due to thunderstorms (and a downpour) but that helped keep the crowds down a bit and we barely had to wait for anything.  10 min for Lighting Rod was the longest I think.  Beautiful park, pretty good ride selection (especially for younger kids on the Coaster side with Fire Chaser Express).  I think if they added a Hyper it would be about a perfect park.

11 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

Don`t forget that the shows at the park are amazing!  I have gone several hours after arriving sometimes just catching the shows before even riding a ride!

And the park looks amazing at Christmas time as well for Smoky Mountain Christmas.

Agreed!  It is one of the few parks where the shows/entertainment/even the museum pulled me away from roller coasters and thats quite an impressive feat!

On 6/24/2020 at 10:37 AM, CoastersRZ said:

Don`t forget that the shows at the park are amazing!  I have gone several hours after arriving sometimes just catching the shows before even riding a ride!

And the park looks amazing at Christmas time as well for Smoky Mountain Christmas.

Yea most weren't open or running yet, t but the ones that are we're planning to see when we go in a couple weeks with the kid and grandparents. As they don't do a lot of rides, the kid does lol.  Grandpa will probably just ride the train all day :D   We will also be going on Oct for our make up vacation and plan to go the first weekend in Dec for the Christmas stuff.  I'm glad I live closer to Kings Island and not too bad drive to Dollywood.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 7:37 AM, CoastersRZ said:

It is definitely one of, if not the, most beautiful park I've been to. And I agree that Christmas time there is beautiful. Only been once and it was at that time and we loved it. It looks just as amazing lit up at night as it does with all the scenery throughout the day. The ride selection is excellent. As others have said it's the best regional park for shows too. I usually skip them to get more time in on the rides but we ended up going to 3 shows and enjoying all of them while we were there. I'm almost as excited to return to the park to check out more shows as I am to ride the coasters again. I need to get back to see Wildwood Grove.

36 minutes ago, purdude86 said:

It is definitely one of, if not the, most beautiful park I've been to. And I agree that Christmas time there is beautiful. Only been once and it was at that time and we loved it. It looks just as amazing lit up at night as it does with all the scenery throughout the day. The ride selection is excellent. As others have said it's the best regional park for shows too. I usually skip them to get more time in on the rides but we ended up going to 3 shows and enjoying all of them while we were there. I'm almost as excited to return to the park to check out more shows as I am to ride the coasters again. I need to get back to see Wildwood Grove.

Silver dollar city has more natural beauty than its sister park.  Something to check out.