Reservation system testing underway

jimlaheyscar

One of the positive parts of the reservations and reduced capacities that my wife and I were discussing is that for a while, weekends won't be terrible days to go.  Yes, they may reach capacity, but full capacity for a while will probably feel quieter than the Tuesdays/Thursdays that we normally hit up KI.  Ready to book!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chibul said:

I believe around 10-11am. I was traveling at the time, saw it when I was settling into my hotel (around 4pm) and the post had been up for "5 hours" according to Facebook.

Twitter showed 1:37 Indiana time, but they may have sent emails first. I've noticed a lag in when ppl post KI emails  I receive mine about 15-20 minutes after 9am, so I assume mass emails aren't being sent all at the same time and it's maybe alphabetical?

7 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

One of the positive parts of the reservations and reduced capacities that my wife and I were discussing is that for a while, weekends won't be terrible days to go.  Yes, they may reach capacity, but full capacity for a while will probably feel quieter than the Tuesdays/Thursdays that we normally hit up KI.  Ready to book!!!

Capacity on coasters is also being reduced, which the park has said should make things feel normal in terms of lines and whatnot

3 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

Capacity on coasters is also being reduced, which the park has said should make things feel normal in terms of lines and whatnot

Yes.  I was just saying that if the park is at capacity, even with reduced capacity on rides, it will still feel tame compared to a normal summer day.

I have a feeling Kings Island with these limits won't be bad and will have shorter wait times outside of Orion. Cedar Point on the other hand is gonna be a nightmare if its anything like early May weekends and Haunt Fridays. Understaffed and rides and food stands not open. I'm planning on avoiding Cedar Point this year unless I'm wrong.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lunarus said:

Any idea when the official registration launch will be live? Been spamming refresh on the KI website for days now just waiting to slip my way into July 2nd. I managed to get that day off work and praying that I can snag one

Still pending, I've been carrying my family's season passes in my pocket for a week :lol:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

The park hours link was just added to the app homepage.  No hours are listed, but it's a change.  Things are happening!!!!

I've had the hours link for mine the whole time, but still no mobile order option. Seems sporadic what's showing for people.

1 minute ago, PatchesC said:

I've had the hours link for mine the whole time, but still no mobile order option. Seems sporadic what's showing for people.

Yeah, mine has been the opposite.  I've had the mobile dining, but hours just showed back up this morning.

First time poster; I just purchased season tickets for my family this morning. I've added them to the app/put in my "wallet" in the app but they are not showing up under my profile on the website. I'm a bit nervous about reserving the tickets; should I be concerned about the website issue? Thanks for your time. 

Edited by thebassline
KI Customer Support resolved; they said that the reservations will go live this week, but no date yet.

19 minutes ago, CoasterWorks9 said:

The times for the reservations are going incredibly fast so if you have the chance to get one now, I would take it. The 1030 time for the 3rd was gone in about 30 minutes. 

I wouldn't say incredibly fast considering Jimmy Buffet sells out Riverbend in an hour :)  I will say however that it does seem to be going smoothly.  Kudo's to KI's IT department (would that be KIIT (kit) for short :))

• Like 2

Smoothly, sure. "Incredibly fast"? No, definitely not. There's hundreds of slots available every day. It looks like the first 2-3 days will "sell out" (holiday weekend + initial excitement) but after that, demand isn't nearly as great. Which, to be completely fair, should be expected.

3 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Yep, I have questioned before why KI news goes into the Kings Island Central Newsroom thread LOL - apparently KI park news goes there too as referenced by the "This forum includes news about Kings Island Central and Kings Island." LOL

Threads we place In the newsroom thread update the home page of the website.  I think the reservations going live  is most definitely news worthy for KIC members.

@Waltny The best way to not miss anything would be to use the Unread Content button in the upper right hand corner. That will show the latest threads created and the latest posts in each.

• Like 1

I made the reservations and all just fine on the computer. Work has told me I can download the KI app to the company phone and looks like there is something wrong with the phone. I even have the guys in the shop that know what they are doing with I phones look at it and they are saying there is something wrong with it. I am not buying a cell phone so I am not sure what I am going to do. I suspect I will not be able to go all because I refuse to get a phone... GRRRRR

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jensenracing77 said:

I made the reservations and all just fine on the computer. Work has told me I can download the KI app to the company phone and looks like there is something wrong with the phone. I even have the guys in the shop that know what they are doing with I phones look at it and they are saying there is something wrong with it. I am not buying a cell phone so I am not sure what I am going to do. I suspect I will not be able to go all because I refuse to get a phone... GRRRRR

What operating system version are you running?  It only works for more recent versions.  I have an old phone I would take to the park in case it somehow came out of my OCD zipper checked 3 times shorts LOL and it will not run on it now.

51 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Threads we place In the newsroom thread update the home page of the website.  I think the reservations going live  is most definitely news worthy for KIC members.

@Waltny The best way to not miss anything would be to use the Unread Content button in the upper right hand corner. That will show the latest threads created and the latest posts in each.

Fair enough. I never go to the home page and rarely leave this sub forum.