New no smoking policy inside the park?

PatchesC

On 6/19/2020 at 2:17 PM, KIghostguy said:

The worst-placed smoking area is the one on the side of the Miami River Brewhouse. There's such a nice patio back there, but you have to walk through the smoking area and clouds of toxic chemicals first. Delightful.

Definitely.  A great place to chill and enjoy the view ruined by the air quality. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 11:00 AM, IndyGuy4KI said:

He was not being mean, this is a movie quote. They are just joking around.

What movie are talking about?  Ding King was mean to me but I didn't want others being mean to him.

Is this better post I trying dad gone so I am only post this once with out hime.

As a smoker myself I have no problem with this policy.  I don't feel like smokers should ruin other people's day (I think Kings Island has had a very bad smoking problem OUTSIDE of the smoking areas), but in the same regard I feel like non smokers should allow a designated smoking area without giving too much grief.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FOFirehawkFAN said:

As a smoker myself I have no problem with this policy.  I don't feel like smokers should ruin other people's day (I think Kings Island has had a very bad smoking problem OUTSIDE of the smoking areas), but in the same regard I feel like non smokers should allow a designated smoking area without giving too much grief.

I think Kings Island has a bad smoking policy Inside the smoking areas as well as outside. That’s not anyone who smoked fault there following the rules. The placement of some of the smoking sections are so badly places and small it’s not good. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I only saw one person smoking all day in the park, and I even purposefully checked out all the old smoking areas just to see if I could find anyone.  They were hiding in the bushes inbetween Invertigo's exit and the rest rooms there at the old smoking area. 

I was wondering if anyone else noticed any violators since the new policy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FOFirehawkFAN said:

I only saw one person smoking all day in the park, and I even purposefully checked out all the old smoking areas just to see if I could find anyone.  They were hiding in the bushes inbetween Invertigo's exit and the rest rooms there at the old smoking area. 

I was wondering if anyone else noticed any violators since the new policy.

Yes. Saw a woman by The Beast with one. She was trying to hide it between drags but the smell was everywhere. The more disappointing part was watching the security guard walk right past her and keep on going. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Sounds like it wasn't widespread, which is good.  But it is sad that season pass holders, that should know better, are doing that...

If there's anything I learned today it's that the season pass population covers all demographics lol.

I reported a guy today sneaking off in the bushes in plant snoopy with a cig and lighter. Watched him, giving him the benefit of the doubt he was going to front to smoke. As soon as he hopped the wall to go between the helicopters and the shop I went to the nearest game where there was an area supervisor and told them he was back there. Not sure the outcome, but I saw them head that way and grab a security guy on the way. Good. If you knew you had to hide in the bushes you knew you were wrong (I could give you “didn’t know” if you just lit up out in the open. I have no problem helping the park enforce this. 

On 7/2/2020 at 9:56 PM, Pedro Cerrano said:

Yes. Saw a woman by The Beast with one. She was trying to hide it between drags but the smell was everywhere. The more disappointing part was watching the security guard walk right past her and keep on going. 

I would have stopped the security guy and pointed her out. He might not have even noticed her. 

Other than someone someone standing behind the henna/face painting stand near Coney Mall restrooms vaping I didn't see anyone inside the park. Saturday while they were working on Invertigo in a boom lift security had to make everyone leave the smoking area though because of safety. Later with no shade under the umbrellas in the area people were up against the passholder building or under the trees. 

I'm not concerned about shade for those whose toxic fumes I have to inhale. They can suffer lol.  Some of you were very put off with my earlier thoughts, and that is understood. It is a bit extreme. :) I think my problem with smokers has to do with the fact their activity impacts me more than any other vice.  From having to inhale the smoke, to the littering with each butt. If smokers were considerate: 1) smoked where allowed, 2) tried to keep their smoke contained from non-smokers 3) AND this is a big one... properly disposed of their butts... it would be an entirely different story from me. I can only imagine the count of butts left on the ground from the entrance to the parking lot.  Instead I'm left with the impression that most, not all, are lazy, inconsiderate, and for starting the habit in the first place I view them as weak minded.

• Like 3