Ride Wait Times 2020 Season

IndyGuy4KI

23 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

My experience at Disney World has been the same though. They'll have a sign---or even a worker---outside a ride saying the wait is 1.5 hours, and it's really half that or better. I think they set the bar low, and then the people willing to get in line and wait are "thrilled" the wait was much less than they were expecting. If you tell people the wait is 15 minutes and it turns into 25 people get mad. Tell them it's an hour and it's 40 minutes they're giddy.

This is 100% the reason that happens. You described it perfectly.

• Like 2

Sitting outside of Orion now. My wife is in line for it - they've moved to a ticketed system. They're giving out tickets with hour blocks on them at the entrance to Area 72 - get a ticket, come back at your designated time. First tickets are between 11-12...but the ride ops were letting people line up for the 11:00 time as early as 10:35. Nobody realized this, so my wife is one of the first in line.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chibul said:

Sitting outside of Orion now. My wife is in line for it - they've moved to a ticketed system. They're giving out tickets with hour blocks on them at the entrance to Area 72 - get a ticket, come back at your designated time. First tickets are between 11-12...but the ride ops were letting people line up for the 11:00 time as early as 10:35. Nobody realized this, so my wife is one of the first in line.

Thanks for the info on the Orion queue tickets.  Will be interesting to see how the park communicates this to everyone.  Unfortunately, seems like KI was not prepared for the crowd congesting the rest of the park before the actual queue even after all the discussions in the threads about having the need for a paper ticketing queue system or virtual queue line on the app like Universal.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Winterfestguy said:

Thanks for the info on the Orion queue tickets.  Will be interesting to see how the park communicates this to everyone.  Unfortunately, seems like KI was not prepared for the crowd congesting the rest of the park before the actual queue even after all the discussions in the threads about having the need for a paper ticketing queue system or virtual queue line on the app like Universal.

Clearly someone who doesn't understand the complexities of virtual queuing systems

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fishely said:

For anyone there today and yesterday, how do the lines compare?

My opinion is skewed because of the times I was there (4-6 yesterday, 10-2 today) but today was MUCH worse, other than Orion (ticket system is great). That being said I think a lot of people had left by the time I arrived yesterday.

53 minutes ago, jimlaheyscar said:

Park really thinned out around 330-4. They opened up Orion to everyone around 6 and it was a pretty short line for folks still there. 

That's about the time I left- just couldn't take the heat much longer. There wasn't really anywhere to get a drink refill besides restaurants, so the lines moved pretty slow. 

11 hours ago, DeltaFlyer said:

That's about the time I left- just couldn't take the heat much longer. There wasn't really anywhere to get a drink refill besides restaurants, so the lines moved pretty slow. 

That's usually when I just give in and get a beer because those lines are never as long.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DeltaFlyer said:

So they don’t have any drink refill stations open on 90+F days?  

4 minutes ago, FreedomPenguin said:

I mean is this going to be a ride shut down every night due to fireworks?

It probably will be, but that is no excuse for the park closing the line 40 minutes before park closing. In the past, guests were able to enter the line one minute before 10:00, wait out the fireworks and safety checks, and then ride even if they didn’t get off until 11:00.

42 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

It probably will be, but that is no excuse for the park closing the line 40 minutes before park closing. In the past, guests were able to enter the line one minute before 10:00, wait out the fireworks and safety checks, and then ride even if they didn’t get off until 11:00.

It probably is a mix of it being so close to the fireworks (blast area) and of the virus and needing visitors out of the park quickly. I wouldn’t be surprised if this changes in the future. Just need to see how it plays out. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

It probably is a mix of it being so close to the fireworks (blast area) and of the virus and needing visitors out of the park quickly. I wouldn’t be surprised if this changes in the future. Just need to see how it plays out. 

With the 7pm closing times, it may be awhile before we see lines close early again for fireworks.

• Sad 2

On 7/2/2020 at 9:13 PM, MrSourNinja said:

This is 100% the reason that happens. You described it perfectly.

Yes and No.  The main reason is to discourage large congregations of people by a certain ride, so they inflate wait times to spread people out.  It's a poorly kept secret of the (soon to be gone) FP+ system.  

On 7/3/2020 at 12:14 PM, Winterfestguy said:

Yet the park was utilizing return time tickets the very next day,..

50 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Yet the park was utilizing return time tickets the very next day,..

They either had them ready on opening day, but chose not to use them so that they could see the ensuing chaos before acting...

Or chose not to print timed entry tickets in advance / did not consider it, but spent all of opening day rushing to print thousands of them after the line stretched all the way to BLSC.

Which seems more likely?

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic