Ride Wait Times 2020 Season

IndyGuy4KI

The guest experience with ride tickets is much better than waiting in a 2+ hour queue amid reduced capacity.

On Saturday, most guests had a minimal wait when they showed up for their return time. We returned toward the end of our return timeslot and waited less than 10 minutes.

• Like 6

Same for us. I think if you return toward the end of your slot it’s better. We had 3-4. Rode at 3:45 with no wait, just walk strait to load. . When we got off the 4-5 crowd had showed up and the line was to the entrance of Area 72 waiting to enter the queue. 

Same for us. I think if you find tiers then end of your slit it’s better. We had 3-4. Rode at 3:45. When  we got off the 4-5 cried had shied you and the lube was to the entrance of Area 72 waiting to enter the queue. 

Sounds like Orion really messed up your brain. I can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, loganhubbard said:

How have the wait times been for non-Orion coasters been today? Going on Thursday and would love to be able to marathon the rest of the top 5 if possible.

My family went yesterday (Monday 7/6) at 10:30 slot. After we got their height wristbands and parent swap we went to Planet Snoopy. We rode literally every ride there except log flume (down a good portion of the day) by 2. We rode The Bat twice, 5 minute wait max. The only line that looked long was Orion. According to the app, FoF was consistently the longest at 45-60 minutes and Diamondback at about 30-45 depending on the time of day. Beast, Banshee, and Mystic Timbers consistently showed between a 15-30 minute wait, and by the looks of the lines that looked accurate. We left around 4 and we were not the only ones, people were leaving in droves. I'm not sure if it was due to people getting their fill and leaving, or couldn't bear the heat any longer. 

Leaving yesterday my wife was talking to a security guard who said it was light yesterday, but the rest of the week was even lighter. Sort of a ‘shaking your head wondering if it’s even worth being open’ attitude. Did say may be different once it opens up to GP, but that they were hearing a lot of pushback on the mask requirement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishely said:

How are lines today? Is Orion still doing special tickets? And if they are can you ride Orion more then once?

People have reported that despite signage indicating only 1 return ticket pp/pd, as long as tickets were available, they were handed out to everyone.  I've also seen it reported that once it gets to be late afternoon, you don't need a ticket; you would just enter the que.

• Like 3

We were at the park yesterday and have ridden Orion already so it was not a priority, but we wanted to explore A72.  We did ask the associate who was distributing ride vouchers (even though they were all gone for the day) if she had any previous vouchers that we could use as scrapbook souvenirs.  She was nice enough to look through her stash and give us each a  mint condition voucher from earlier in the day.  

• Like 5

So I'm just gonna say that if on the 7th and 8th Kings Island "knocked it out of the park", as it were, then today, the 9th, Cedar Point has "missed the ball entirely and somehow knocked the tee backwards into the janitor's closet".

My expectations were low, given maxed capacity and opening day, but I was not prepared for most all the rides to be closed, and for tickets to have been over delivered by more than 300%

Had a Sv ticket for between 12 and 1...arrived at 12:40 and was told 3.5 hours WITH THE TICKET....anyone in this forum could do a simple capacity calculation and determine the max number of tickets to distribute per hour...but apparently no one at Cedar Point is capable of such complex equations...seems the sum total of preparation was "here's a stack of tickets...they dont mean anything, but give em out till they're gone"

So...as usual...Kings Island makes Cedar Point look bad...and I mean very bad...they have 1 ride that stands out above all others...but if it takes 3.4/4hrs to get a ride even with a ticket they can keep it...I got on Orion in under 10 with proper ticket distribution. 

It's just as bad on the other rides...I'm going to miss my time on millie because maverick was over ticketed 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, raggedman07 said:

So I'm just gonna say that if on the 7th and 8th Kings Island "knocked it out of the park", as it were, then today, the 9th, Cedar Point has "missed the ball entirely and somehow knocked the tee backwards into the janitor's closet".

My expectations were low, given maxed capacity and opening day, but I was not prepared for most all the rides to be closed, and for tickets to have been over delivered by more than 300%

Had a Sv ticket for between 12 and 1...arrived at 12:40 and was told 3.5 hours WITH THE TICKET....anyone in this forum could do a simple capacity calculation and determine the max number of tickets to distribute per hour...but apparently no one at Cedar Point is capable of such complex equations...seems the sum total of preparation was "here's a stack of tickets...they dont mean anything, but give em out till they're gone"

So...as usual...Kings Island makes Cedar Point look bad...and I mean very bad...they have 1 ride that stands out above all others...but if it takes 3.4/4hrs to get a ride even with a ticket they can keep it...I got on Orion in under 10 with proper ticket distribution. 

Yeah I've been hearing how awful it is. I have reservations and a hotel stay for Sunday/Monday but if things aren't better tomorrow/Saturday I can't justify going. 

It's just as bad on the other rides...I'm going to miss my time on millie because maverick was over ticketed 

Opening day at KI was a mess too. They didn’t have the ticket system for Orion implemented yet. I wouldn’t fault CP... I think it’s just part of the process to react to issues as they occur.

10 minutes ago, chuck norris said:

Opening day at KI was a mess too. They didn’t have the ticket system for Orion implemented yet.

Holding off until the second day was almost certainly a deliberate decision rather than tickets not being ready.

A long line for the new coaster on Opening Day is the expectation, and a regular line ensured everyone at the park that day had the chance to ride if they were willing to wait.

23 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

We were at the park yesterday and have ridden Orion already so it was not a priority, but we wanted to explore A72.  We did ask the associate who was distributing ride vouchers (even though they were all gone for the day) if she had any previous vouchers that we could use as scrapbook souvenirs.  She was nice enough to look through her stash and give us each a  mint condition voucher from earlier in the day.  

Are the vouchers different on any particular day?

Says on the sign only one access pass per day.  Wonder if that is being followed

They don’t have a way to know for sure, but I think most people understand that they are trying to ensure as many as possible get to ride.

That said, we rode early yesterday with a ticket and then went back over around 6 just to see what the line was like and since there was no line, we were told we could enter the cue without needing a ticket.

It’s Friday. It’s open to general public. It’s 4pm and they are giving out Orion tickets still. This doesn’t look good guys. The park seems desolate. It’s a beautiful day. Much milder than Monday when I was here and there are less people here. Yikes. 

10 minutes ago, brenthodge said:

It’s Friday. It’s open to general public. It’s 4pm and they are giving out Orion tickets still. This doesn’t look good guys. The park seems desolate. It’s a beautiful day. Much milder than Monday when I was here and there are less people here. Yikes. 

Corona cases skyrocketing in Hamilton & Butler counties may have something to do with it.  This is not Indiana.

• Like 1

True. I just can’t see 7 days a week continuing like this. I mean it’s glorious for a park goers who doesn’t mind a mask, but this HAS to be killing overhead. I’m SO IMPRESSED they even swapped out the flowers on the flower carts and all the 4th decor from Monday. They aren’t “cutting corners” with a lot of this. 

• Like 3

I have a feeling the access passes may be a thing this entire season especially with the hype of Orion and the need for social distancing due to us being in the middle of a pandemic. I think next season if things go back to normal, the access passes will be gone. Cedar Point is doing these on SV, Maverick, and Millennium Force due to the popularity.

12 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I have a feeling the access passes may be a thing this entire season especially with the hype of Orion and the need for social distancing due to us being in the middle of a pandemic. I think next season if things go back to normal, the access passes will be gone. Cedar Point is doing these on SV, Maverick, and Millennium Force due to the popularity.

I wasn’t complaining they were doing it (did sound that way) I was just surprised on a BEAUTIFUL Friday evening they still had them to dole our after 4. It’s just doesn’t seem like things are going as well as I’m sure they hoped numbers wise. 

10 minutes ago, brenthodge said:

I wasn’t complaining they were doing it (did sound that way) I was just surprised on a BEAUTIFUL Friday evening they still had them to dole our after 4. It’s just doesn’t seem like things are going as well as I’m sure they hoped numbers wise. 

Was giving rain today as well wasn't it?  It is sad walking into the park during a pandemic.  Seeing everyone wearing masks.  I hope we get through this together.  All the employees I have interacted with thus far in multiple parks have all been great.

• Like 1

Worlds of Fun and Dorney down to 4 day weeks and HersheyPark, with it's brand new coaster, is cutting 3 hours from its operating day. We just got back from 3 days in that area with 2 at Hershey and 1 at Great Adventure and it was shockingly slow at Hershey. They had a lot of small attractions closed in addition to Storm Runner which is down for the year. We walked on Candymonium 8 times out of our 10 rides over 2 days. I could see Kings Island dropping days as the other CF parks have. Sad. It's a dangerous time for all of us, but if 2021 goes like 2020 it's going to challenge the very existence of a lot of parks, not just small ones either. 

• Like 1

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic