Ride Wait Times 2020 Season

IndyGuy4KI

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 7:24 PM, SnakePlissken said:

As slow as ops are due to Covid restrictions a third train wouldn't help much. They would be stacking trains.

My experience the last time I was at the park was that the show in the shed was holding up loading anyways and there was significantly longer time between dispatch and when a train pulled in to unload than usual.  I can see three train operation not helping much on DB, but at least the day I was there 3 would have been better on Mystic. The line was about an hour long on a Wednesday afternoon.   Granted, there was not much sanitizing going on between train loadings that day either if that is what would usually be slowing down dispatches.

Just a curiosity, thank you for response.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, disco2000 said:

^It does not....just expect 30min to an hour or more depending on FL usage

FL sold out if that is any indication of crowds..

Adventure Express line out queue

Yeah we waited an hour exactly around 3:30 for it. Lines generally very long today. Mystic and Diamondback are 90 mins 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

The Mystic ride ops are terrible at moving people.  The regular admission line is moving faster than the Fast Lane line.  Unbelievable.

That is because some ride ops use it only to fill seats. Its worse during Winterfest as a single rider line. You are lucky if one person in the single rider line gets seated per train. I had the entire normal line empty out before I got a ride in the single rider line on New Years Eve last year.

8 hours ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

The Mystic ride ops are terrible at moving people.  The regular admission line is moving faster than the Fast Lane line.  Unbelievable.

The ride attendants count how many Fast Lane riders pass through a ride each hour. My guess is that when a ride has significant wait time, KI regulates the number of Fast Lane riders per hour. If Fast Lane riders were not throttled, then wait times for regular riders could become unreasonable.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

That is because some ride ops use it only to fill seats. Its worse during Winterfest as a single rider line. You are lucky if one person in the single rider line gets seated per train. I had the entire normal line empty out before I got a ride in the single rider line on New Years Eve last year.

That is what the single rider line is for, to fill empy seats.

13 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

That’s how single rider works. You pull from it to fill single empty seats. If there aren’t any, you don’t go. That’s the gamble you take going that way. 

7 hours ago, NegativeGs said:

The ride attendants count how many Fast Lane riders pass through a ride each hour. My guess is that when a ride has significant wait time, KI regulates the number of Fast Lane riders per hour. If Fast Lane riders were not throttled, then wait times for regular riders could become unreasonable.

Exactly. It’s not a guaranteed walk right on pass. 

If anyone is going to the park today (Sunday, September 6th), could you let me know how the wait times look. Me and my dad like to pop by for a few hours sometimes, and it’s been a while since we have gone, but I am not sure about the crowds due to it being Labor Day weekend. I just wish the app let you look at the  wait time outside of the park!

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic