Ride Wait Times 2020 Season

IndyGuy4KI

I meant to post this last week, but I had bought 2 tics and 2 FLP passes during the President's Day Sale....I didn't even realize that the FLP was only good through Labor Day as stated in the fine print (which I didn't read until I got home!).  I'm assuming the expiration was quietly extended given the long shutdown since the Guest Services rep said nothing when he scanned the barcode when I was at the park on 9/26 with my daughter.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CoasterJack said:

I've heard it's supposedly packed today. Like worse than some Cedar Point weekends. It it truly that bad? I'm considering heading up in about an hour, but don't know if it's worth the drive if it's so packed I can't ride anything in under 2 hours.

It was pretty bad last Saturday. I’d say this one will be the same or worse. 

I do trust in Kings Island’s COVID-19 prevention measures myself, but with the recent spikes in Ohio and Warren County, I am honestly shocked it is still so packed. You would think the general public would consider theme parks to be the more unsafe places. I am glad Kings Island is getting good business, though, as I in know they do a great job of keeping people safe.

I think at this point both Kings Island & Cedar Point should probably limit their capacity even more. Considering how bad the midwest is getting hit right now it seems a little irresponsible to be letting such large crowds in. The measures they have in place are good however they don't seem as effective when you have so many people inside the park.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

I think at this point both Kings Island & Cedar Point should probably limit their capacity even more. Considering how bad the midwest is getting hit right now it seems a little irresponsible to be letting such large crowds in. The measures they have in place are good however they don't seem as effective when you have so many people inside the park.

I would tend to agree with you if only I'd read or heard of one outbreak linked to an amusement park. I live close to Indiana Beach and I think people looked on in horror awhile back at some of the pictures posted to these forums at the crowds, the lack of masks, and so on. And yet...nothing covid happened. Probably because most reliable factors are being indoors close to an infected person for 15 minutes or more. Wear your mask, stay distanced, and enjoy the outdoors at Kings Island. I'm not saying it's impossible to get Covid at KI, but I think the past several months have taught us it is unlikely to happen. 

9 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

Wear your mask, stay distanced, and enjoy the outdoors at Kings Island. 

The problem is when you have so many people in the park it becomes harder to stay socially distance. If everyone wore their mask then Id agree with you more but from my personal experience at the park there is still a sizable group of people who don't wear their mask or don't wear it properly. If you just watch this video you can see how crowded its gotten at Cedar Point, 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

Anyone know how they last days of the season typically go? obviously this years different, just wondering if itll be busy or mild with just coaster nuts hoping to get one last ride in for the year. never gone the last open weekend before. 

Last year was very busy on the last day of operation.  But the weather was really nice plus it was last day for Vortex.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

Anyone know how they last days of the season typically go? obviously this years different, just wondering if itll be busy or mild with just coaster nuts hoping to get one last ride in for the year. never gone the last open weekend before. 

To many variables to predict for this year. 

9 hours ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

Busy but not atrocious is my guess---at least for Sunday. It's supposed to be chilly so it won't be packed like last year. Best advice is get there at opening, and hit the busiest rides first. With the seating limitations lines will probably get longer as the day wears on. Saturday could be much busier. Warmer, sunny, and...it's Halloween Saturday. Just my 2-cents. 

• Like 1

Thanks all, I've never tried before cause never really felt like we missed out but thought might go this last weekend since there isn't going to be a winter fest etc.  I just didn't know if they typically run busy. 
thanks again if anything get to use the dining plan some more LOLOL 

1 hour ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

Thanks all, I've never tried before cause never really felt like we missed out but thought might go this last weekend since there isn't going to be a winter fest etc.  I just didn't know if they typically run busy. 
thanks again if anything get to use the dining plan some more LOLOL 

Your dining plan is good for all of 2021 too.

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic