Kings Island 2020 HOURS!

RedSummit20

This one makes a return iffy for me. I'm perfectly happy to wear a mask and comply with social distancing; I wouldn't have even considered a trip to Kings Island if they weren't requiring those. 

But we're driving planning to drive down from Detroit area, a four-hour drive. I still don't know whether you can reserve two days in a row (non-passholder) and, on top of that, the hours are cut from 11-7. My guess is maybe that gives them extra time to clean, which is all well and good. But man, reserving a hotel room and shelling out the money for four people to do two days in the park just seems like it might not be worth it when you're losing a third of what you normally have. 

Just now, cdubbs727 said:

This one makes a return iffy for me. I'm perfectly happy to wear a mask and comply with social distancing; I wouldn't have even considered a trip to Kings Island if they weren't requiring those. 

But we're driving planning to drive down from Detroit area, a four-hour drive. I still don't know whether you can reserve two days in a row (non-passholder) and, on top of that, the hours are cut from 11-7. My guess is maybe that gives them extra time to clean, which is all well and good. But man, reserving a hotel room and shelling out the money for four people to do two days in the park just seems like it might not be worth it when you're losing a third of what you normally have. 

1 day limit for July 2nd-11th, does kinda suck and we're only 2 hours. Honestly if we didn't have the first rider event probably would just save the visit for when we can get 2 days.

I understand why the park is limiting reservations to one day initially...there’s just no way for them to predict the demand...but it is about a 3 1/2 hour drive each way for me and my family...it’s not thrilling to think we will be driving for 7 hours total to be in the park for just 8. (We usually make all of trips 3 day trips to make it worth our while.) I can live with every other condition the park has listed, but this might be a deal breaker for my family. I wonder what the odds are that it will change in the near future...not that anyone can really predict that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PatchesC said:

1 day limit for July 2nd-11th, does kinda suck and we're only 2 hours. Honestly if we didn't have the first rider event probably would just save the visit for when we can get 2 days.

Where did you see this... from what I read there isn’t a limit or if so it’s at least two days

D11DD352-C51D-4B7D-B752-712948AD9ADF.png

3 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

That is for after the initial pass holder previews.

So the park itself has stated it’s a one day maximum reservation July 2-12?

Im not trying to doubt everyone but I need to know for sure because I need to cancel vacation time and everything.

Just now, DubVLegend said:

Im not trying to doubt everyone but I need to know for sure because I need to cancel vacation time and everything.

Unfortunately, yes. Chad Showalter mentions it in this blog post from today.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2020/june/were-all-in-this-together

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DubVLegend said:

First bullet point, last sentence.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2020/june/were-all-in-this-together

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DubVLegend said:

Apologies for the double post. 

someone please tell that this incorrect. If not that means the only way for me to reserve two days is to buy a two day ticket.... even though I’m a season Passholder????

E3BE653E-58A1-40D7-8CCE-0A182EEFDE6F.png

I guess we won’t know for sure until after Kings Island unveils the guidelines for the reservations after previews, but I would like to think they would let you book two days in a row as a pass holder.

1 hour ago, jimlaheyscar said:

Pretty sure that's how WOF handled it.  After the first week or two, you could reserve more than a single day.

I also doubt they will be at capacity most (if any) days.  You'll probably be able to grab a slot on the way to the park most days after this passholder week.

Yeah, WOF has literally hundreds of slots available every day. I think people, for the most part, aren't comfortable with going to the park - whether that's due to the pandemic, the mask policy or whatever.