Online Reservations NOW OPEN on KI's Website

2 minutes ago, AnyPancakes said:

Thanks sir. I used the contact us link. They have the email receipt. They just aren’t at home right now. I probably should have figured this out when I was there for Father’s Day. But didn’t have it on my mind then. 

If you use the online order lookup option in the online store (Menu->Order Lookup), you might be able to look it up with your dad's information, assuming you know it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coaster sally said:

After the first week just like any other park they will see that they are not even close to there capacity and will alter said rules on how many days you can reserve.

This is exactly what I expect to happen as well, especially after seeing how few times have been booked so far.

1 minute ago, WhatTheBlazes said:

I just got an 11am spot for Friday July 3rd.  10:30 spots were gone already.  Can I still get in the parking lot at 1030 and just wait to get to the gate at 11?

As far as I understand it you will only be stopped at the front gate if you are early for your reservation and may be asked to return to your vehicle to wait.

8 minutes ago, malem said:

If you use the online order lookup option in the online store (Menu->Order Lookup), you might be able to look it up with your dad's information, assuming you know it.

11 minutes ago, AnyPancakes said:

Thanks sir. I used the contact us link. They have the email receipt. They just aren’t at home right now. I probably should have figured this out when I was there for Father’s Day. But didn’t have it on my mind then. 

The voucher may have the pass number if it is a New pass, but if it is a renewal it doesn't.  Just looked up mine as well because one of my kids has misplaced his pass, again. :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, FOFirehawkFAN said:

1/2 the spots from opening day are already gone after less than an hour.  I also noticed I didn't even get my email from Kings Island inviting me to make a reservation until 8:45 AM and the 10:30 spot for opening day was already gone at 8:30 AM.

I got my email at 9:11am.

1 minute ago, FOFirehawkFAN said:

My real question is how many people are going to try to line up at the parking lot before 10:30?

That is a very good question!  I could see the line being very long for that and backing way out down the street.  Especially the first few days starting with the 2nd going through the weekend.  Will Orion be running?  If so, I wonder if they will wait until later in the day to operate it to try to help avoid the 1030 morning traffic backup?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhatTheBlazes said:

That is a very good question!  I could see the line being very long for that and backing way out down the street.  Especially the first few days starting with the 2nd going through the weekend.  Will Orion be running?  If so, I wonder if they will wait until later in the day to operate it to try to help avoid the 1030 morning traffic backup?

Orion should be running.  Should, because with a coaster, you just never know.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WhatTheBlazes said:

I just got an 11am spot for Friday July 3rd.  10:30 spots were gone already.  Can I still get in the parking lot at 1030 and just wait to get to the gate at 11?

This is what I was planning to do as well - we have 10:30 for 7/3 and am planning on getting to the parking lot as early as possible (although admittedly I don't know how early the lot opens)

• Like 1

Just now, chibul said:

This is what I was planning to do as well - we have 10:30 for 7/3 and am planning on getting to the parking lot as early as possible (although admittedly I don't know how early the lot opens)

They have announced the lot will not open earlier than 10:30

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FOFirehawkFAN said:

IceePirate you'll be operating Orion for us?

Yes, probably not on opening day, but I'll likely be working it starting the 4th. I cannot say anything about the specific operation of the ride. All I know is that the park plans on opening the ride with the park on opening day. Any other details are subject to speculation.

Edit: Me not working on opening day is for personal reasons, don't read anything into that lol

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, chibul said:

So the lot is going to open at the same time as arrival?

Yeah, that won't cause any issues...

They want to ensure social distancing as people get to the front gate.

A big crowd waiting for turnstiles to open would not be ideal.

1 minute ago, malem said:

They want to ensure social distancing as people get to the front gate.

A big crowd waiting for turnstiles to open would not be ideal.

That's exactly what's going to happen anyway though. 

1700 people arriving at 10:30, and that's when you open the lot? Traffic will be backed up all the way down the road, and it'll be a flood of people arriving all at once at the front. 

6 minutes ago, chibul said:

That's exactly what's going to happen anyway though. 

1700 people arriving at 10:30, and that's when you open the lot? Traffic will be backed up all the way down the road, and it'll be a flood of people arriving all at once at the front. 

Not necessarily, they can throttle the number of cars getting through the toll booths.  For example 10 cars per minute would stagger how many get to the 1st security tent.

1 minute ago, King Ding Dong said:

Not necessarily, they can throttle the number of cars getting through the toll booths.

I mean, sure, they could. And then another 1700 attendees at 11:00 will start arriving, and then the 11:30 - you'll just create a massive bottleneck situation. 

1 hour ago, malem said:

Wow. That was surprisingly  unsecure and it worked!  Thanks a lot. Reservation made for July 3

15 minutes ago, chibul said:

I mean, sure, they could. And then another 1700 attendees at 11:00 will start arriving, and then the 11:30 - you'll just create a massive bottleneck situation. 

1700 attendees is likely only 800 cars or less, with each toll booth being able to handle roughly 2-3 cars per minute on average(my guess), that's about 1000 an hour with just 6 booths open and 2 attendants. The park will likely have more, so there shouldn't be a bottleneck. It might take 5-10 minutes for everyone to get through, but it should be pretty smooth after that. Plus, the average is probably much higher since it's only going to be passholders and you can't buy parking at the gate

8 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

1700 attendees is likely only 800 cars or less, with each toll booth being able to handle roughly 2-3 cars per minute on average(my guess), that's about 1000 an hour with just 6 booths open and 2 attendants. The park will likely have more, so there shouldn't be a bottleneck. It might take 5-10 minutes for everyone to get through, but it should be pretty smooth after that. Plus, the average is probably much higher since it's only going to be passholders and you can't buy parking at the gate

Well, even then - if it's 1000 an hour, but the reservations are allowing for 1700 or so every half hour...that math just doesn't work :lol: I guess it depends on how fully staffed the boots will be, ultimately.