Online Reservations NOW OPEN on KI's Website

1 minute ago, chibul said:

Well, even then - if it's 1000 an hour, but the reservations are allowing for 1700 or so every half hour...that math just doesn't work :lol: I guess it depends on how fully staffed the boots will be, ultimately. 

That's on the conservative end, and that's only with 2 booths staffed since 2 employees can service 6 booths. In reality, it should feel lighter than a normal morning at the park

14 minutes ago, chibul said:

True.

Just speaking for myself...I can fully say I'll be lining up at the lot around 10. :lol:

Same here.  We are planning on being at the parking between 930-10 for our 1030 reservation on the 4th.

3 hours ago, iheartbeast79 said:

So I just got my reservations for the 4th!  Here's a question, though, I go the confirmation email, but there is not direct confirmation of the pass codes I entered.  In other words, no confirmation of you entered "XYZ code which belongs to Joe Smith's pass," or I can't find the reservation "showing" on my pass in the app or anything, like the dining plan does, for instance.  Is this typical?  Anyone have insight?

You have to add the order number for it show in your app. 

6 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

What's the walk like from Great Wolf? I'm tempted to have my family hoof it if it's a cool morning.

It can be shorter than some of the parking spots in the lot LOL.  

Since you are staying there, I can guarantee you that your walk will be faster than the vehicle backup on the road!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

So parking opens @ 1030.  Does that mean the gate, and where exactly is the gate when pulling in.  What time you think people will be in line to get into the parking lot on 7/2?

I expect a few thussies will start camping out this weekend.  :P

5 hours ago, robintodd said:

Looks like they are aiming for 10,000 for each day.  It will be interesting to see how the reservations fill up now that they are live.  I'm expecting them to lax the 1 visit per season pass holder once they see what the demand is.

Based on the day, it looks to be between 10-12k.  If you assume every ride will operate at a min of half capacity, with 10k in the park, you'd still be seeing waits of about 30 min or so for the big coasters.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Based on the day, it looks to be between 10-12k.  If you assume every ride will operate at a min of half capacity, with 10k in the park, you'd still be seeing waits of about 30 min or so for the big coasters.

I don't think it'll even be that bad, honestly. Most will gravitate to Orion, and the other rides will be pretty quick/walk-ons. 

I am hoping that most of the crowd sticks with Orion--my daughter and I also have the first riders event so we will check that box on the first and focus on other rides with the whole family.  Actually, we've been talking a lot about the rides which are most naturally set up for social distancing/less risk of flying droplets from fellow riders.  It's been interesting and I certainly don't think we really know what we're talking about ;).  But it has certainly been a curious discussion! For instance, we're feeling pretty good about Race for Your Life, and hoping that it will be open!  Has anyone else been thinking about lower/est risk queues/rides?

• Like 1

I wish I knew for sure one way or the other Soak City will be open. My daughter only wants to go to Soak City, I'm holding off on her season pass.. To be honest, if it isn't going to be, I don't really want mine this season, but since they are good for next season that will be ok.

I emailed KI and they emailed back today, saying We are continuing to evaluate Soak City and will keep everyone updated as we have more information

32 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

I wish I knew for sure one way or the other Soak City will be open. My daughter only wants to go to eat, I'm holding off on her season pass.. To be honest, if it isn't going to be, I don't really want mine this season, but since they are good for next season that will be ok.

I emailed KI and they emailed back today, saying We are continuing to evaluate Soak City and will keep everyone updated as we have more information

I really wouldn't count on it personally. It's always possible they open, but I would say right now all signs point to no.

• Like 1

Just now, IndyGuy4KI said:

How did everyone think the reservation process worked? 

It was pretty straightforward and easy to use when I registered my family. Only gripe is that I'd like a confirmation of the pass number on the final page to make sure I did it right.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

How did everyone think the reservation process worked? 

Worked well, had an email within a couple minutes and showed on the app quickly. 

Only downfall is the Email for passholders notifying them of reservation opening didn't come until 8:35am, but I already knew there were delays for me. Had my reservation confirmation email by 8:02am.

7 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

It was pretty straightforward and easy to use when I registered my family. Only gripe is that I'd like a confirmation of the pass number on the final page to make sure I did it right.

I absolutely agree.  It's very likely that I made a typo and some other person's pass just got my reservation registered to it ;). But I'm sure it's okay.  It reminds me of the vague process for Coasterstock which always makes me nervous!

3 hours ago, LuvingKI said:

I wish I knew for sure one way or the other Soak City will be open. My daughter only wants to go to eat, I'm holding off on her season pass.. To be honest, if it isn't going to be, I don't really want mine this season, but since they are good for next season that will be ok.

2 hours ago, chibul said:

I really wouldn't count on it personally. It's always possible they open, but I would say right now all signs point to no.

This was also a recent conversation at my house.  Soak City complicates the mask requirement and lifeguard training is more intensive than most seasonal positions, I assume, so we are not planning on it opening this season.  

8 hours ago, malem said:

They want to ensure social distancing as people get to the front gate.

A big crowd waiting for turnstiles to open would not be ideal.

But what about putting all the smokers there? If they wanted to social distance they aren't doing very well at that. Just gonna have more people going in and out now.

3 hours ago, iheartbeast79 said:

I absolutely agree.  It's very likely that I made a typo and some other person's pass just got my reservation registered to it ;). But I'm sure it's okay.  It reminds me of the vague process for Coasterstock which always makes me nervous!

Try and book another day.  If it denies you then you'll know you put in the right card number the first time.

It was super easy, barely an inconvenience ;) it was faster than Dollywood's bogged down website. It never stuttered in any of its loading and I got the date and time I wanted. 
Also before the email showed up.
Only downside is the limit to even reserve another day after the passholder timeframe. If you had multiple day tickets and could reserve those would be nice to be able to reserve a second day for a passholder.  

I know I know single day brings in new money ;) :D 

but hopefully once I'm in sun we can score the next res the following sun. 

But it'll be fun no matter what!

Screenshot_20200624-115033_Kings Island.jpg

29 minutes ago, loganhubbard said:

Are we allowed to change the date of the reservation after we have already made it? I chose the 2nd but I think I would rather go the next week if possible.

You have to cancel first, but the voucher does say it could take 72 hours to clear from the system.

Edited by PatchesC
Add pic