Online Reservations NOW OPEN on KI's Website

With all do respect to the park.  How is a large amusement park chain not able to have an IT department that can do easy tasks?  Even Hershend that I know for sure that you're able to simply hit the cancel button.   

20 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

Screenshot_20200624-115033_Kings Island.jpg

You have to cancel first, but the voucher does say it could take 72 hours to clear from the system.

14 hours ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

It was super easy, barely an inconvenience ;) it was faster than Dollywood's bogged down website. It never stuttered in any of its loading and I got the date and time I wanted. 
Also before the email showed up.
Only downside is the limit to even reserve another day after the passholder timeframe. If you had multiple day tickets and could reserve those would be nice to be able to reserve a second day for a passholder.  

I know I know single day brings in new money ;) :D 

but hopefully once I'm in sun we can score the next res the following sun. 

But it'll be fun no matter what!

Yeah I kinda thought the whole reason for having a platinum pass is that every trip I take I can go when I get there, then spend a whole day the next day, then spend like an hour before I leave the 3rd day.  Its pretty sad that now a 2 day ticket is more valuable than a platinum pass :(

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, FOFirehawkFAN said:

Yeah I kinda thought the whole reason for having a platinum pass is that every trip I take I can go when I get there, then spend a whole day the next day, then spend like an hour before I leave the 3rd day.  Its pretty sad that now a 2 day ticket is more valuable than a platinum pass :(

If it weren't for the 2021 renewal I'd be pretty upset. But I'm just treating 2020 as a bonus on all fronts now.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, chibul said:

If it weren't for the 2021 renewal I'd be pretty upset. But I'm just treating 2020 as a bonus on all fronts now.

I mean your absolutely right - I greatly appreciate the fact they allowed the passholders the ability to be the first ones to ride Orion - I'm literally jumping up and down with excitement for the 2nd

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FOFirehawkFAN said:

Well it's only been a week and already Dollywood opened to unlimited reservation's with plenty of day of openings. Like all they are starting of safe but don't be surprised if it's pretty quick to let passholder make as many reservations s as they want with same day openings.

13 hours ago, FOFirehawkFAN said:

That's what I do too.

15 hours ago, FOFirehawkFAN said:

My first thought was the "pays for itself in 2 visits" is going to be hard to reignite come next year. Right now they can go with 2021 validity but that'll end at some point. I remember when buying tickets for 2 days it always suggested a Gold Pass. With the ability to book the same amount of days with a ticket vs the current 1 day at a time limit, people will be less likely to do it.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PatchesC said:

My first thought was the "pays for itself in 2 visits" is going to be hard to reignite come next year. Right now they can go with 2021 validity but that'll end at some point. I remember when buying tickets for 2 days it always suggested a Gold Pass. With the ability to book the same amount of days with a ticket vs the current 1 day at a time limit, people will be less likely to do it.

If these restrictions or shutdowns go into 2021 then its no longer even a bonus anymore. Even at this month the gold and platinum probably is not even really giving us "extra" days or months considering the deal always in the past started in August anyways. It is going to be July 2 before passholders can go to King's Island and that is with less hours per day and limits on how many visits for the foreseeable future. If you have gold you also do not get the waterpark this year you paid for or the shows you paid for or events you paid to get into like Carnival. Halloween and Christmas may get canceled. If you paid for platinum you can only get into 1 park right now and only 2 more scheduled to open and again all of the other restrictions posted. If we do not get a full normal 2021 season then we still are not getting what we paid for as far as season passes are concerned. You can make some of those arguments for all season fastlane /all chain fastlane and platinum dining too even though they are good for 2021 as well. The only add on that is likely still 100 safe to buy this year and get your moneys worth is the drink plan. Then there is also the idea that we paid for a lot of this stuff in 2019 whether it be in full or monthly payments and the park gets to sit on said money for almost 2 full years in some cases. Like if you bought your pass at King's Dominion in Aug and they likely do not open back up until next year. Or if you bought platinum and live in Canada and the border does not open back up. Even if it does How many people going to or from would be driving through New York. They just basically added a 2 week ban for outsiders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnakePlissken said:

If these restrictions or shutdowns go into 2021 then its no longer even a bonus anymore. Even at this month the gold and platinum probably is not even really giving us "extra" days or months considering the deal always in the past started in August anyways. It is going to be July 2 before passholders can go to King's Island and that is with less hours per day and limits on how many visits for the foreseeable future. If you have gold you also do not get the waterpark this year you paid for or the shows you paid for or events you paid to get into like Carnival. Halloween and Christmas may get canceled. If you paid for platinum you can only get into 1 park right now and only 2 more scheduled to open and again all of the other restrictions posted. If we do not get a full normal 2021 season then we still are not getting what we paid for as far as season passes are concerned. You can make some of those arguments for all season fastlane /all chain fastlane and platinum dining too even though they are good for 2021 as well. The only add on that is likely still 100 safe to buy this year and get your moneys worth is the drink plan. Then there is also the idea that we paid for a lot of this stuff in 2019 whether it be in full or monthly payments and the park gets to sit on said money for almost 2 full years in some cases. Like if you bought your pass at King's Dominion in Aug and they likely do not open back up until next year. Or if you bought platinum and live in Canada and the border does not open back up. Even if it does How many people going to or from would be driving through New York. They just basically added a 2 week ban for outsiders.

Something else to consider....although they say no refunds, if the pass wasn't used, sometimes you can make an argument and get a refund or pay a fee to roll it over to the next year.  Sometime is the key word - I know a few that have got refunds, but most I know that tried were rejected.

A "common theme" seemed to be that once it is used once, then the likelihood of a refund disappears or rolling over to the next year is gone.  So if you use it once this year (or were a new pass that bought last year and went then) and the restrictions are still in place for 2021, any chance of a refund will certainly go out the window...but who knows what 2021 will bring...

• Like 1

If you were a new passholder as of the Orion announcement last July, you got "free visits" in 2019.  You can go in 2020 according to the conditions they have set forth, and 2021 is a wildcard.  For the value, there is nothing better than a gold or platinum pass.  Nobody saw this coming, so I think talking about not getting one's money worth is a little premature right now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

If you were a new passholder as of the Orion announcement last July, you got "free visits" in 2019.  You can go in 2020 according to the conditions they have set forth, and 2021 is a wildcard.  For the value, there is nothing better than a gold or platinum pass.  Nobody saw this coming, so I think talking about not getting one's money worth is a little premature right now.

I just get a kick out of everyone saying everything you get with the pass is free, because I paid $1400 for my family passes.  I'm not really sure how anything was free.  They convinced me last year to pay it based on promises for THIS year, so extending the passes to next year seems great I am only in Ohio for this summer and won't be here next summer thats why I bought a 2020 pass and not a 2021 pass.  For example you wouldn't go buy a car today and then be ok if they said ok come back a year from now and then you can have your car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FOFirehawkFAN said:

I just get a kick out of everyone saying everything you get with the pass is free, because I paid $1400 for my family passes.  I'm not really sure how anything was free.  They convinced me last year to pay it based on promises for THIS year, so extending the passes to next year seems great I am only in Ohio for this summer and won't be here next summer thats why I bought a 2020 pass and not a 2021 pass.  For example you wouldn't go buy a car today and then be ok if they said ok come back a year from now and then you can have your car.

The "free" was promoted by the park for new passholders.  For renewing passholders you got a Fastlane or something.  When you buy a pass or a ticket, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the contract.  It was sold as a 2020 pass.  The pandemic and government restrictions are out of control of the park.  I think it sucks that your visits will be limited, but buyer beware.  It's an inherent risk in pre purchasing anything.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

The "free" was promoted by the park for new passholders.  For renewing passholders you got a Fastlane or something.  When you buy a pass or a ticket, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the contract.  It was sold as a 2020 pass.  The pandemic and government restrictions are out of control of the park.  I think it sucks that your visits will be limited, but buyer beware.  It's an inherent risk in pre purchasing anything.  

I'm not trying to be rude to anyone or say I'm mad about the pandemic, I'm just saying nothing we got was free it all costs A LOT of money.

I booked for July 19th. Wish I could get to the park sooner but I'll be out of town. I ended up buying a platinum pass this year as I hope that I can get some trips into Cedar Point as well. Are you still able to get a physical copy of the pass or are they doing everything through the app now?

4 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

This is great news! I think you will have to redeem your first reservation to be able to book a second, but it may be different for pass holder preview days.

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of making a second reservation? If I have to wait until I use one reservation to make another then why make that tweet at all? Its still only one reservation not 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnakePlissken said:

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of making a second reservation? If I have to wait until I use one reservation to make another then why make that tweet at all? Its still only one reservation not 2.

I am just going off the website. This is what is says:

“Starting July 12, each season passholder may then reserve one visit at a time.  Once you have redeemed your visit, you will be able to make another reservation.”

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/welcoming-you-back/before-you-leave-home

17 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I am just going off the website. This is what is says:

“Starting July 12, each season passholder may then reserve one visit at a time.  Once you have redeemed your visit, you will be able to make another reservation.”

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/welcoming-you-back/before-you-leave-home

The screenshot above is an update to that policy, though.

For all those attending on the second, I hope you're able to provide a detailed report of the first day!

We're going on Friday, and with young kids of differing heights, we're not sure the best way to snag a ride on Orion. We could hit it first thing, but then we're concerned some of the lower capacity rides for our younger kids like Woodstock Express, Flying Ace, and Stunt Coaster may get longer lines before we can get back to that area. Or head there first for short waits, and hope the line for Orion settles down later in the day for our oldest son.

It will be interesting to see what the ebb and flow of the limited crowds looks like, and how it relates to reduced capacity on the rides.