Online Reservations NOW OPEN on KI's Website

2 hours ago, shadowscare said:

For all those attending on the second, I hope you're able to provide a detailed report of the first day!

We're going on Friday, and with young kids of differing heights, we're not sure the best way to snag a ride on Orion. We could hit it first thing, but then we're concerned some of the lower capacity rides for our younger kids like Woodstock Express, Flying Ace, and Stunt Coaster may get longer lines before we can get back to that area. Or head there first for short waits, and hope the line for Orion settles down later in the day for our oldest son.

It will be interesting to see what the ebb and flow of the limited crowds looks like, and how it relates to reduced capacity on the rides.

I snagged a spot for 10:30 on 7/2 will be staying in a hotel across the street the night before so plan on being there early to document everything. :D

(Also looks like Great Wolf Lodge is booked solid for the next few days if that is any indicator for what the crowds will be)

5 hours ago, shadowscare said:

For all those attending on the second, I hope you're able to provide a detailed report of the first day!

We're going on Friday, and with young kids of differing heights, we're not sure the best way to snag a ride on Orion. We could hit it first thing, but then we're concerned some of the lower capacity rides for our younger kids like Woodstock Express, Flying Ace, and Stunt Coaster may get longer lines before we can get back to that area. Or head there first for short waits, and hope the line for Orion settles down later in the day for our oldest son.

It will be interesting to see what the ebb and flow of the limited crowds looks like, and how it relates to reduced capacity on the rides.

My assumption is that the Orion line will be long all day, and that other rides probably won't be too bad because of limited attendance in the park. Could be wrong, but that's my thinking. We have a 10:30 spot also, and we're going to try to ride Orion first thing, and then probably not ride it again that day.

23 minutes ago, MoreFogPlease said:

My assumption is that the Orion line will be long all day, and that other rides probably won't be too bad because of limited attendance in the park. Could be wrong, but that's my thinking. We have a 10:30 spot also, and we're going to try to ride Orion first thing, and then probably not ride it again that day.

You're probably right but what I'm curious to see is... how long? 45 minutes long? 2 hours long? If it's the former I'll wait until later in the day, and start off at Woodstock, Flying Ace, and Stunt Coaster for our younger kids. At that point they'll probably be ready for The Beast and Mystic Timbers. Ride Orion mid day while my wife and younger kids ride Racer, Adventure Express, The Bat, etc. If it ends up being in the 2 hour range, we'll probably want to head there first thing and then track back to Woodstock and Stunt Coaster. I'll be very curious to read the reports tomorrow evening; not just on Orion, but throughout the park.

Regardless, I'm just excited to go and our kids are just over the moon.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, shadowscare said:

You're probably right but what I'm curious to see is... how long? 45 minutes long? 2 hours long? If it's the former I'll wait until later in the day, and start off at Woodstock, Flying Ace, and Stunt Coaster for our younger kids. At that point they'll probably be ready for The Beast and Mystic Timbers. Ride Orion mid day while my wife and younger kids ride Racer, Adventure Express, The Bat, etc. If it ends up being in the 2 hour range, we'll probably want to head there first thing and then track back to Woodstock and Stunt Coaster. I'll be very curious to read the reports tomorrow evening; not just on Orion, but throughout the park.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's a 1.5-2 hour line most of the day, with limited ride capacity and everyone trying to ride it. But, who knows. I agree, hopefully some people who go tomorrow can post a quick update about wait times.

45 minutes ago, shadowscare said:

Steel Vengeance was 4 hours long opening day. So get in that line first thing or make it your very last ride.

11 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

Steel Vengeance was 4 hours long opening day. So get in that line first thing or make it your very last ride.

True but they also weren't limiting the number of guests in the park. That said, you raise a very good point. I'm now thinking riding first thing, or, maybe we'll take two cars and the oldest and I can hit it closer to park close. But I'll still be watching tomorrow!

3 hours ago, MoreFogPlease said:

Also a 10:30 spot on Friday, and this too is our plan.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MoreFogPlease said:

37 minutes ago, chibul said:

Also a 10:30 spot on Friday, and this too is our plan.

10:30 spot on Saturday.  Same plan for us.  We will honestly probably just take some time in the afternoon to just stroll around the park.

• 2 weeks later...

Do any KI associates here know if or how Cedar Fair associates can make a reservation? I’m a Carowinds employee who will be going up to Cedar Point soon for several weeks to help staff the park while Carowinds is still closed, and I was hoping to stop by Kings Island on my way up there to ride Orion, but can’t seem to find a place on the app to make a reservation with my associate ID.

2 hours ago, CoasterFan3180 said:

Do any KI associates here know if or how Cedar Fair associates can make a reservation? I’m a Carowinds employee who will be going up to Cedar Point soon for several weeks to help staff the park while Carowinds is still closed, and I was hoping to stop by Kings Island on my way up there to ride Orion, but can’t seem to find a place on the app to make a reservation with my associate ID.

I don't work for Cedar Fair, but have you tried your employee ID # in the passholder reservation system?

4 hours ago, CoasterFan3180 said:

You don’t need to make a reservation. You can just show up and have your ID scanned!

• Like 2

On 7/13/2020 at 7:10 PM, CoasterFan3180 said:

Do any KI associates here know if or how Cedar Fair associates can make a reservation?

There's no longer a need for reservations anyway so you can just show up at the gate like the rest of us. :)

Realizing that the res requirement was dropped due to light attendance, hopefully they still have a way to limit the number allowed in.  At least with the reservations (before they took the numbers down), one would know about how crowded the park would be on a given day.  It's easier to social distance when there's 4-5k in the park than 10.

They almost certainly know how many are in the park at any given time.  I can't remember for KI, but CP has overhead "virtual turnstiles" at the gate - basically, sensors mounted to the ceiling monitoring how many enter and leave.  I imagine KI has the same system (little white-ish boxes over each lane).

It's easier and more efficient to have one automated system to track entrances and exits, then make the data available to the suits.  No need for an attentive admissions host to man a clicker, we're all counted auto-magically. :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 9:42 AM, BBN said:

Hows the crowds been with no reservations now?

I was there yesterday afternoon. There was a lot more people than the passholder previews. Yes, I realize it's a Sunday and expected more people, but we didn't arrive until 5:00 figuring many people would be on their way out. We were wrong. Now, the uptick in crowds, that part I can handle.

What I can't handle is the general douchebaggery of the general public. The social distancing markers in the lines were largely ignored, people dropping their facemasks down, etc. It was a major difference. In line for Diamondback, this was rampant, with 3 security officers standing around doing nothing about it. With the switchbacks filled side by side (instead of every other row, as it should be), it was pretty close to standing in a crowd. We had a little better luck at Banshee, The Bat, and Drop Tower, but still a far cry to the general respect people showed to each other when the park first opened.

I'll give it one more shot and if I encounter more of the same, I'll just wait until next year to return. I have no interest in being part of the problem.

• Sad 2