Orion During Season Passholder Previews

gforce1994

With Passholder previews, I assume many of the individuals at the park are planning to ride Orion. I have a few questions.

1. Are they going to do a reservation system to prevent a whole crowd of people from piling into line?

2. Furthermore, how will personal and medical bags be handled-will lockers be available?

2 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

With Passholder previews, I assume many of the individuals at the park are planning to ride Orion. I have a few questions.

1. Are they going to do a reservation system to prevent a whole crowd of people from piling into line?

2. Furthermore, how will personal and medical bags be handled-will lockers be available?

1.  This has been discussed ad nauseum in other threads.

2.  The park has to comply with the ADA, so I would think they would continue to use the green card system.  As far as other items, lockers are a source of revenue, so they will likely continue to be utilized.  I doubt they would allow carry ons.  There are lockers available at the front gate, Action Zone, Rivertown, and I assume Area 72.  As a message board that caters to KI enthusiasts, it also has been discussed ad nauseum to carry light, and try to carry only what will fit in a zippered cargo pocket.

3.  Why is this even a thread?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gabe said:

1. No reservation system-lines will be marked in the que 6 feet apart.

2. No bins.  Lockers will be available for purchase nearby (the ones by FOF).

Yes, but is it wise to insist on locking up medical supplies with a longer line, rather than letting them come in line like at CP?

13 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Yes, but is it wise to insist on locking up medical supplies with a longer line, rather than letting them come in line like at CP?

Get your green card dude.  Simple solution.  You keep it with you, give it to the ride attendant when its time to board.  Or, just keep it in a zippered pocket.  I carry my insulin pen, glucose tabs and CGM/phone in my pocket no problem with no need for a green card.

20 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

1.  This has been discussed ad nauseum in other threads.

3.  Why is this even a thread?

Probably because we are in for a treat with another coasternation  article of the proposed Orion bin system that was never used. 

”Did you know at one time Kings Island had proposed bins on Orion?”...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jimlaheyscar said:

I believe this has a good chance of happening and what I'm hoping for.

Yeah, I feel fairly confident in saying that's what will happen, truthfully. Especially since there's no reservation system in place for Orion. 

7 minutes ago, chibul said:

Yeah, I feel fairly confident in saying that's what will happen, truthfully. Especially since there's no reservation system in place for Orion. 

And furthermore, 1700 individuals heading to a ride with at most has a cap of 825 an hour, you’re going to get a full queue.

1 minute ago, chibul said:

Okay? We're discussing here. No reason to play forum police.

The moderators can remove any comments or edit them.  I am pointing out the obvious and sharing my opinion.  I am not policing.  I have not the interest or the time to do that ;) 

Anyway....

23 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

And furthermore, 1700 individuals heading to a ride with at most has a cap of 825 an hour, you’re going to get a full queue.

Right, exactly. Plus another however many lining up to get inside the park half an hour later, plus rinse and repeat for the next 2-3 hours.

Basically, if you want to ride Orion, you'd better have gotten a 10:30 or 11:00 time. Otherwise you're going to be waiting most of the day.