Refunds ...

FoF-obsessed

Just now, PatchesC said:

Did they bring you back down because of her screaming? I didn’t know they'd do that.

I had the boys on either side of me and yes they started screaming begging to be let down. I told the ride-op to keep going but he wasn’t having any of that and they lowered us down.:lol:  He said they have to stop if the guests asked. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I had the boys on either side of me and yes they started screaming begging to be let down. I told the ride-op to keep going but he wasn’t having any of that and they lowered us down.:lol:  He said they have to stop if the guests asked. 

That's why I've never gone, I'm not much for the slow rise and don't wanna ruin it for others lol

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, chibul said:

I just don't get it personally. If they hadn't extended the passes for 2021 I absolutely could see wanting a refund...but nobody's losing anything this way.

Right? You basically have an extra season pass at no extra charge. Not a bad deal at all: a buy one get one free if you will.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PatchesC said:

That's why I've never gone, I'm not much for the slow rise and don't wanna ruin it for others lol

I used to work the ticket booth and saw many instances of people getting to the top but refusing to pull the chord to release themselves. They had to be lowered back down.

For most people getting a 2021 extension is just fine for others not so much, depends on your Individual circumstances. Too many to list but many military are on 2 year rotations, students may not be in the area next season, some are in niche careers and if you lose a job it requires relocation, could have an elective surgery planned for 2021 such as knee or hip replacement.  

If all you have invested is $100 on a Gold Pass it is not a huge loss, but if you have some or all of the add-ons or are family of 4+ one could have major money on the line here.  I have about $1450 on the line, others have even more. It is non-transferable so can’t sell it on eBay.  

• Like 5

This pandemic will cause many people to rethink purchasing or renewing in the year prior and simply pay more the following year when they know it will open.

It will be interesting to see the promotions they offer to try to encourage that early spending. 

Since all passes are now good thru 2021, do they offer a deep discount in August this year for a 2022 pass for example, or a multi-year discount pass? 

What if they offered in August a "buy a 3 year pass and get season long Fast Lane free next year" or 5 days of FL or something?  I could see them coming up with something that costs them little but has a high perceived customer value to try to bring in more revenue.  At the end of the day, it is a numbers game.

I would be surprised if come August they are not offering some type of promotion to try to get additional money from existing pass holders.

11 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

This pandemic will cause many people to rethink purchasing or renewing in the year prior and simply pay more the following year when they know it will open.

It will be interesting to see the promotions they offer to try to encourage that early spending. 

Since all passes are now good thru 2021, do they offer a deep discount in August this year for a 2022 pass for example, or a multi-year discount pass? 

What if they offered in August a "buy a 3 year pass and get season long Fast Lane free next year" or 5 days of FL or something?  I could see them coming up with something that costs them little but has a high perceived customer value to try to bring in more revenue.  At the end of the day, it is a numbers game.

I would be surprised if come August they are not offering some type of promotion to try to get additional money from existing pass holders.

If they offer anything like that then it will make a lot of people mad including myself. If they do that they are screwing everybody who renewed early. Or anyone who bought the all season fastlane expecting to use it on Orion all summer. 

22 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

If they offer anything like that then it will make a lot of people mad including myself. If they do that they are screwing everybody who renewed early. Or anyone who bought the all season fastlane expecting to use it on Orion all summer. 

But they have already done that to existing pass holders with the whole buy now (August) and get in the rest of this year free and all of next year.  Those purchasing a new pass got almost 5 months free (and now they are getting 2.5 years because of the pandemic).  Did you get a pro-rated refund when they offered that?  Nope.  You paid for a year and got a year and they paid for a year and got almost 1.5 years. 

Now it has caused people to only buy every other year and then just miss April to August every other year.  Most of my friends have now gone that route.

And at CP, it was even more pronounced with their gold pass promotion that absolutely slammed their park the end of the year.  Go to pointbuzz and read how mad the passholders were up there and claiming this wasn't what they signed up for the previous August and they are getting screwed over.  The CP execs said something like they sold 7 new gold passes for every one pass renewal.  That is a crazy increase.

2 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

But they have already done that to existing pass holders with the whole buy now (August) and get in the rest of this year free and all of next year.  Those purchasing a new pass got almost 5 months free (and now they are getting 2.5 years because of the pandemic).  Did you get a pro-rated refund when they offered that?  Nope.  You paid for a year and got a year and they paid for a year and got almost 1.5 years.  Now it has caused people to only buy every other year and then just miss April to August every other year.  Most of my friends have now gone that route.

And at CP, it was even more pronounced with their gold pass promotion that absolutely slammed their park the end of the year.

I have thought about doing that too. Or alternating passes each year. Cedar Fair one year, kennywood the next, Busch after that etc.

I think it sucks that I can't add Fast Lane to Season pass, but if you already had it, you're good to go. If I would of known others would of had Fastlane. I wouldn't of bought season passes a few days ago 

Not to mention, I didn't realize Soak City isn't opening either. I looked at the Cabanas and it said on sale soon, now realizing that was just old

4 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

I have thought about doing that too. Or alternating passes each year. Cedar Fair one year, kennywood the next, Busch after that etc.

I would love to know the numbers of pass holders that do that.  I am guessing it isn't enough for them to quit that promotion - what are we going on 3 years now that they have offered the buy for next year, get this year free.  They probably gain more pass holders that renew than those that opt to skip every other year.

I did that at Dollywood for years and it works out well.  It was nice to mix up park chains and this is an economical way to do so.

2 hours ago, disco2000 said:

I would love to know the numbers of pass holders that do that.  I am guessing it isn't enough for them to quit that promotion - what are we going on 3 years now that they have offered the buy for next year, get this year free.  They probably gain more pass holders that renew than those that opt to skip every other year.

I did that at Dollywood for years and it works out well.  It was nice to mix up park chains and this is an economical way to do so.

I was a new Cedar Fair passholder for 2019. I bought it in Sept 2018 and got the bonus months The Dollywood bonus doesn't start until the Christmas season .

2 hours ago, disco2000 said:

I renew every year, but I only add drinks and FunPix every year. Dining and Fastlane depends how many visits we plan, break even for both is around 9 or 10. If we're visiting other chains that years, the upgrades don't make sense.

31 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

I renew every year, but I only add drinks and FunPix every year. Dining and Fastlane depends how many visits we plan, break even for both is around 9 or 10. If we're visiting other chains that years, the upgrades don't make sense.

Platinum dining plan was about $150 this past year after taxes and fees. I think gold dining is 20 or so less. Meals are about 15 or so a piece in the park and 2 a day adds up fast. even at $10 a meal gold would pay for itself in about 6 visits. I had 20 total visits last year.Another way I look at it is I spend about the same amount of money round trip in gas as I would going out to eat once a week at a nice restaurant. Oh and being near Columbus I'm in between King's Island and Cedar Point.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

Platinum dining plan was about $150 this past year after taxes and fees. I think gold dining is 20 or so less. Meals are about 15 or so a piece in the park and 2 a day adds up fast. even at $10 a meal gold would pay for itself in about 6 visits. I had 20 total visits last year.Another way I look at it is I spend about the same amount of money round trip in gas as I would going out to eat once a week at a nice restaurant. Oh and being near Columbus I'm in between King's Island and Cedar Point.

We're Platinum for the first time so the cost was a bit higher, sometimes we only eat 1 meal in the park, other times 2. Last year I'd spent almost 2k in Fastlane for 3 of us throughout the season. We can only do weekend visits and Haunt is always a bit crazy. This year we FINALLY get to visit Cedar Point (took till this last year at 11 for my kid to reach 54" :( and couldn't justify the visit before then). It made sense to do the additional upgrades. Next year we're already trying to decide between more CF parks or Universal. 

10 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

This is exactly how I rationalize the Platinum pass and meal plan as well, literally try to plan trips to the other parks and always end back up at can't really beat Kings Island or Cedar Point both 2 hours away.  (I have made it to Carowinds and Knotts both were incredible)