Sign in to follow this  
SonofBaconator

Problematic Coasters: The Bat

I'm a fan of El Toro Ryan's work and he just came out with a pretty good video. Worth the watch if you like his content and want to see footage of old prototype suspended coasters

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

You can certainly tell that the original TV commercial was done by Hanna Barbera. That was like a scene straight out of Scooby Doo. 

As one of the kids of the 80's, I remember that commercial very well.  My parents would not let me ride The Bat because rumors swirled that somebody died on it, same with King Kobra.  

When The Beast commercial came on in 1979, I remember being scared by it.  I would sneak out of bed and watch TV and would freak out and run and sleep under my parent's bed.  I had matured by the time The Bat commercial came on and had ridden The Beast, so no more night terror for me!

2 hours ago, lifetimecoaster said:

You can certainly tell that the original TV commercial was done by Hanna Barbera. That was like a scene straight out of Scooby Doo. 

Not only that, but you also can tell by the character models. 

Still though, I wish I could find a concrete source that specifically states that HB produced it. 

El Toro Ryan also did a pretty interesting video on the history and leagacy of The Beast. I definitely recommend it to people who haven't watched it already. 

• Like 1

I would really miss The Bat if we lost it... Apparently RollerCoaster Tycoon doesn't like it either :( 

• Like 1