Cincinnati Themed Coaster?

SonofBaconator

• 2 months later...

I have a cool one, so hear me out on this. 

Cincinnati, Ohio is home to the 1st professional and paid Fire Department. Why not retheme BLSC to a fire-fighter theme? Repaint all the trains red or have them all be tiny little fire trucks. Repaint the shipping containers next to the launch and the helix structure with a brick texture to look like a firehouse. Change the billboards to reflect Cincinnati highway signs. They could keep the fire scene and make it look like you're driving through the burning building (the inside of the tunnel could have red lights. Riders then escape the building and return to the station. They could keep the helicopter- just remove the shooting aspect and repaint it to look like an EMS helicopter.

@DonHelbig @Kyle Kruthoffer I know you all come up with your own theming ideas for your rides but this would be a cool way to pay homage to Cincinnati's somewhat forgotten fire fighter heritage.

• Like 4

It would be the like the Demon Drop; only a lot longer and would fall a lot further.  It would be called "Cincinnati Pro Sports Playoff Hopes".  The top of the ride would be called... let's say "April" and way near the bottom would be "September"- only, when you think it is over, September would continue to fall below grade to "December."  There would be some peaks... but mostly valleys.

It will be a devastating ride but for some reason everyone tends to climb the hill to jump back on the bandwagon in April every time.

Do I have something here?

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I have a cool one, so hear me out on this. 

Cincinnati, Ohio is home to the 1st professional and paid Fire Department. Why not retheme BLSC to a fire-fighter theme? Repaint all the trains red or have them all be tiny little fire trucks. Repaint the shipping containers next to the launch and the helix structure with a brick texture to look like a firehouse. Change the billboards to reflect Cincinnati highway signs. They cloud keep the fire scene and make it look like you're driving through the burning building (the inside of the tunnel could have red lights. Riders then escape the building and return to the station. They could keep the helicopter- just remove the shooting aspect and repaint it to look like an EMS helicopter.

@DonHelbig @Kyle Kruthoffer I know you all come up with your own theming ideas for your rides but this would be a cool way to pay homage to Cincinnati's somewhat forgotten fire fighter heritage.

.....Or you could just build a Gerstlauer custom family coaster that has a firetruck theme and expand on the area. I would love to see a reproduction of classic Cincinnati buildings and areas, a 1900's OTR with the German names, a "riverfront" marketplace, you could do a lot with something like that. Plus, in all honesty I would love to see more of a historical take on Rivertown and bring back that western/turn of the century vibe back to that part of the park. 

3 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

There's already a fire fighter themed Gerstlauer coaster, I'm suggesting breathing new life into a ride that was heavily themed around a Paramount movie

That's the point, there's already a model developed that would fit perfectly with what you're asking for. Plus, in all honesty, BLSC is getting some age and it shows with some of the roughness it has now. 

• 1 month later...