Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ThrillKingsFitzy

Stormrunner Closed For the Rest of the Season

Recommended Posts

Hopefully not a long term problem.  Storm Runner is my favorite steel coaster at HP and my favorite launch coaster. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Hopefully not a long term problem.  Storm Runner is my favorite steel coaster at HP and my favorite launch coaster. 

Yeah, it’s basically xcelerator with inversions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no! When I went to Hershey in 2015, it was among my Top 3 favorite coasters there (the others being Lightning Racer and Great Bear). It's a great ride and like @silver2005 said, I hope it's not a long-term issue.

Side note: Even before riding, I remember being blown away by the teaser for this ride as a kid as I didn't know a coaster could perform such insane manuvers (and I had a similar reaction to the reveal of Steel Vengeance).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hersheypark replied on Facebook or Instagram that they couldn't get the required maintenance finished because of the virus.  sooperdooperlooper and the Kissing Tower are also listed as temporarily closed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a shame, but it makes sense that the pandemic threw off parks' maintenance schedules.

I loved Storm Runner when I visited Hersheypark in... 2014, I think? That one element that's half inline twist and half corkscrew is a ton of fun. You rotate quickly enough that it's basically airtime the whole time. Hopefully it's just what they said and it'll be back in 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SDL is such a classic.  I might be more sad that its closed over Storm Runner. I consider that a staple for the night rides I go with at HP when I end the day, on a list including GB and Comet.   I got a huge soft spot for SDL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

SDL is such a classic.  I might be more sad that its closed over Storm Runner. I consider that a staple for the night rides I go with at HP when I end the day, on a list including GB and Comet.   I got a huge soft spot for SDL.

I do too!  It was my #100.  When I went to HP, I could have chosen any coaster there, but based on my love of Mind Bender at SFOG, I chose SooperDooperLooper!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SDL is one of my favorite coasters and probably my 4th favorite in the park after Great Bear, Comet and Storm Runner. I have only skipped it on one trip in the last few years and that was only because the ride was closed all day.

I hope it's open in time for Christmas Candylane since it is my favorite coaster running for that event. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Stormrunner could be in deep trouble. A lawsuit has been filed against the park and Intamin against a potential accident. A dad and his son got on Stormrunner but the son’s restraint didn’t lock in and the ride op didn’t bother to check. When they were pulled out of the station, the boy jumped out of the train right before the launch and survived.

I can see this as a potential issue that could shut down the ride for good very soon.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Looks like Stormrunner could be in deep trouble. A lawsuit has been filed against the park and Intamin against a potential accident. A dad and his son got on Stormrunner but the son’s restraint didn’t lock in and the ride op didn’t bother to check. When they were pulled out of the station, the boy jumped out of the train right before the launch and survived.

I can see this as a potential issue that could shut down the ride for good very soon.

Its here say, from 2018.  A train cannot dispatch with a restraint up.  Odds are the dad strapped in and the son got scared and jumped out and ran out of the station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coaster sally said:

Its here say, from 2018.  A train cannot dispatch with a restraint up.  Odds are the dad strapped in and the son got scared and jumped out and ran out of the station.

Did not mean the restraint was up. It came up when they were waiting for the launch. Not in the station.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Did not mean the restraint was up. It came up when they were waiting for the launch. Not in the station.

Read the complaint again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...