Stormrunner Closed For the Rest of the Season

Oh no! When I went to Hershey in 2015, it was among my Top 3 favorite coasters there (the others being Lightning Racer and Great Bear). It's a great ride and like @silver2005 said, I hope it's not a long-term issue.

Side note: Even before riding, I remember being blown away by the teaser for this ride as a kid as I didn't know a coaster could perform such insane manuvers (and I had a similar reaction to the reveal of Steel Vengeance).

• Like 1

That's a shame, but it makes sense that the pandemic threw off parks' maintenance schedules.

I loved Storm Runner when I visited Hersheypark in... 2014, I think? That one element that's half inline twist and half corkscrew is a ton of fun. You rotate quickly enough that it's basically airtime the whole time. Hopefully it's just what they said and it'll be back in 2021.

14 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

SDL is such a classic.  I might be more sad that its closed over Storm Runner. I consider that a staple for the night rides I go with at HP when I end the day, on a list including GB and Comet.   I got a huge soft spot for SDL.

I do too!  It was my #100.  When I went to HP, I could have chosen any coaster there, but based on my love of Mind Bender at SFOG, I chose SooperDooperLooper!

• Like 3

SDL is one of my favorite coasters and probably my 4th favorite in the park after Great Bear, Comet and Storm Runner. I have only skipped it on one trip in the last few years and that was only because the ride was closed all day.

I hope it's open in time for Christmas Candylane since it is my favorite coaster running for that event. 

Looks like Stormrunner could be in deep trouble. A lawsuit has been filed against the park and Intamin against a potential accident. A dad and his son got on Stormrunner but the son’s restraint didn’t lock in and the ride op didn’t bother to check. When they were pulled out of the station, the boy jumped out of the train right before the launch and survived.

I can see this as a potential issue that could shut down the ride for good very soon.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Looks like Stormrunner could be in deep trouble. A lawsuit has been filed against the park and Intamin against a potential accident. A dad and his son got on Stormrunner but the son’s restraint didn’t lock in and the ride op didn’t bother to check. When they were pulled out of the station, the boy jumped out of the train right before the launch and survived.

I can see this as a potential issue that could shut down the ride for good very soon.

Its here say, from 2018.  A train cannot dispatch with a restraint up.  Odds are the dad strapped in and the son got scared and jumped out and ran out of the station.

1 hour ago, coaster sally said:

Its here say, from 2018.  A train cannot dispatch with a restraint up.  Odds are the dad strapped in and the son got scared and jumped out and ran out of the station.

Did not mean the restraint was up. It came up when they were waiting for the launch. Not in the station.

• Haha 1