Orion Reviews

IndyGuy4KI

3 minutes ago, Kara320 said:

Can anyone tell me if Orion has a test seat? I heard that it does but wanted to ask

And is the fit similar to Diamondback then? I'm worried about fitting in. Down 40 pounds but I'm afraid I may have more to go.

There is a test seat at the ride entrance. 

Feels like a standard B&M seat to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Rode it in the back row. Feels a lot like Fury, just a little shorter. It maintains a speed all the way through. The last hill was more of an airtime hill however. It has some of the quietest wheels ever heard on a coaster. The quietness probably gives the illusion that it's not going as fast as it is, unlike millennium Force. I don't think you can compare those two. Every row is being used but only two per row. 

Photo_1593641552757.jpg

I thought if you were in a group of four you could ride four in a row. My family wants to ride in the same row together. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Diamondback2112 said:

I thought if you were in a group of four you could ride four in a row. My family wants to ride in the same row together. 

It is only 2 per row tonight and does not look like that will change. They will put a group of 5 in 2 rows.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

How bad was the mask enforcement?

You mean how good was the mask enforcement? C'mon people. It's a pandemic here and America is the epicenter by far. Thus thing is on the verge of being out of control again and theme parks will be forced to close again when that happens. Wear your masks and quit being selfish.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, presto123 said:

You mean how good was the mask enforcement? C'mon people. It's a pandemic here and America is the epicenter by far. Thus thing is on the verge of being out of control again and theme parks will be forced to close again when that happens. Wear your masks and quit being selfish.

I agree that we should wear masks. I was asking how the mask enforcement was because I had heard that people were disappointed.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

It is only 2 per row tonight and does not look like that will change. They will put a group of 5 in 2 rows.

Group of 3 we were separated, just have to ride a few times to get to get our normal 2/row rides. They have been extremely fast with the cleaning cycles as well. This is my favorite nonspoiler pic so far. 

20200701_210221.jpg

• Like 7

I am sooo excited to see/experience this! From what I can tell, they hit it out of the park with the themeing. I love that this ride has a preshow, and that it has a nice tie-in to FoF.

As much as I love Mystic Timbers, I always felt the ride should have had a preshow. Unless you were at media day, you don't really know the storyline. The camera feeds were a nice touch, but I wished it had more.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I agree that we should wear masks. I was asking how the mask enforcement was because I had heard that people were disappointed.

I have not seen any issues with masks tonight. Everyone weearing them and social distancing being followed. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Gplez90 said:

Apparently some one flew a you know what over the lift this afternoon/evening while the ride was in operation. Can anyone confirm this?

I definitely saw it while going up the lifthill. Even pointed it out to the guy sitting next to me. It didn't seem too far above us at the crest of the lift. 

• Like 2

Orion has exceeded my expectations. The ride is fantastic from beginning to end. The first ride does not disappoint at all! The biggest surprise for me was the final little hill, a very fun way to end the ride. The biggest let down with this ride is how hard the trim hits but that can of course change in the future.

• Like 10

Has anyone had their FunPix show up? They had a glitch first ride and it didn't do our train. They had to activate or link my account, only asked for an email address and said they scanned put the 2nd ride on:(, neither the 2nd or 3rd are showing up though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

Orion has exceeded my expectations. The ride is fantastic from beginning to end. The first ride does not disappoint at all! The biggest surprise for me was the final little hill, a very fun way to end the ride. The biggest let down with this ride is how hard the trim hits but that can of course change in the future.

I would assume its very unlikely to remove a trim? I mean its designed with that trim/speed in place. correct?

2 minutes ago, FreedomPenguin said:

I would assume its very unlikely to remove a trim? I mean its designed with that trim/speed in place. correct?

There have been trims taken off rides after they open. I think Racer last summer is one example. Also trims added after they open like Mean Streak.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FreedomPenguin said:

Well Banshee removed its trim but I wouldn’t count on Orion’s going anywhere soon. Sometime trims don’t hit as hard based on different conditions such as how many people are in the train or the weather conditions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Benjamin22 said:

Well Banshee removed its trim but I wouldn’t count on Orion’s going anywhere soon. Sometime trims don’t hit as hard based on different conditions such as how many people are in the train or the weather conditions.

Can confirm. On most of my rides today I didn’t notice the trim at all.

• Like 2

I rode nine times tonight. Best ride in the park! It’s deceivingly intense! I never thought I would ever say the words “sustained ejector,” but that’s how the speed hill is. The turnaround almost feels like an inversion. All the blood goes to your feet during the helix. The biggest surprise is the final curve before the brakes. GREAT air! The biggest disappointment is the head chopper under the first drop. You don’t really notice it. The arm chopper coming out of the turnaround and into the speed hill is more noticeable. The theming was great and it flowed really well with Flight of Fear!

• Like 15

I will give my review on every hill,

1st hill: The lift is very fast and quiet, you can definitely feel the 85 degrees and the drop is very long

2nd hill: Very fast element and gives some nice lateral floater, also feels overbanked

3rd hill: Very forceful surprisingly, and feels like a second curved drop. You also really notice the height!

4th hill: Best airtime moment on the ride hands down, I can't even describe this

5th hill: Trim doesn't slow the train down much, and gives some nice floater

Helix: Sustained positive G's throughout the helix and that near miss is amazing! Also made me grey out a few times

6th hill: Very good positive G's and a surprising amount of airtime

Brakes: you actually get some airtime into the brakes, and the brake run goes by very quickly.

And the night ride... well that is on a whole nother level.

• Like 17

33 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

1st hill: The lift is very fast and quiet, you can definitely feel the 85 degrees and the drop is very long

2nd hill: Very fast element and gives some nice lateral floater, also feels overbanked

3rd hill: Very forceful surprisingly, and feels like a second curved drop. You also really notice the height!

4th hill: Best airtime moment on the ride hands down, I can't even describe this

Helix: Sustained positive G's throughout the helix and that near miss is amazing! Also made me grey out a few times

Brakes: you actually get some airtime into the brakes, and the brake run goes by very quickly.

I agree with you on your assessment.  I will add that  I thought 2 and 3 gave some nice ejector air over just floater air.

I too also felt like I could grey  out coming on at the helix if not hydrated or over heated 

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I agree with you on your assessment.  I will add that  I thought 2 and 3 gave some nice ejector air over just floater air.

I too also felt like I could grey  out coming on at the helix if not hydrated or over heated 

Yeah, that last hill/turn gave some good ejector. Also I was wondering, will there be an Orion photo contest?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

I sure as hell hope your assessment is how it feels to me too! Sounds so much better than MF.

• Like 2

Just now, bengalsguy23 said:

Wow Area 72 looks so good at night.

Also how far into the ride does the lighting package go into the ride. I saw it in other photos on the large camelback. Does it include the helix? I kind of wish they would have added it to the entire ride.

The lighting isn't on the speed hill, the helix, or the last turn. But every other hill has lights.

• Like 1