Orion Reviews

IndyGuy4KI

This still bothers me! LOL! I absolutely love the theming in Area 72, but why is there a red and white post on the right but not the left? It really looks like there should be one on the left in my opinion. This nitpick aside, Kings Island has exceeded my expectations, and they did an amazing job theming Area 72 and Orion!

• Like 3

Cool man, I assume the pop of air into the brakes would be like Diamondbacks.  Never knew why people were calling the banked hill after the drop a wave turn, wave turns give air in the center.

The pop of air into the brake is like what Racer was like before they removed the last dip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, chibul said:

So masks were or weren't enforced? Seeing conflicting information here.

They were enforced alright. Didn't really see it because everyone followed it. When I left, I stopped at the water fountain by the restrooms near Hanks and when I was done I forgot to pull my bandana up and a security guy pointed it out to me so I pulled it back up. They aren't playing so please follow the rules. 

• Like 11

12 hours ago, Kara320 said:

Can anyone tell me if Orion has a test seat? I heard that it does but wanted to ask

And is the fit similar to Diamondback then? I'm worried about fitting in. Down 40 pounds but I'm afraid I may have more to go.

Yes there's one it's at the queue entrance. And likely be similar to Diamondback as it's the same clam shell restraint

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FlyMartyFly said:

I love the awesome lights on this thing, how was the IMAscore soundtrack and audio for the ride? Heard part but not all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was so busy taking photos and looking at everything, I never really listened to the music.

I took over 300 photos last night. I will get them in the KIC galleries tonight or in the morning. Back for opening day today.

• Like 10

Wish i saw able to ride but may be awhile before i feel safe in a crowd . i am 73 and have been treated for cancer. with damage to my immune system.  it killing me to not go. but better than having it kill me because of going. love all the reports and pictures!

• Like 12

Personally, Orion is a great addition to Kings Island. First, the theming is on point. Probably the most theming I HAVE SEEN outside Disney world since Forbidden Frontier at Cedar Point. Second, I like how they did the preshow. It's good they did it like how it's done in Flight of Fear where they have the show on a loop instead of everyone having to stop everytime the show comes on. And finally, the ride experience was unforgettable. I rode in the front row during my first ever ride, and today still remember how it felt. We got to the top of the lift hill, the train starts to slow down, I see the big banked turn that comes after the first drop, then I see the bottom of the drop and, it was all down hill from there. Now, my second ride was in the fourth row and after the big banked turn that comes after the first drop, the ride started to have what I think is what enthusiasts like to call, "the B&M rattle." This rattle was not that great. Its worst point was probably during the final Helix. For a brand new ride, I'm pretty sure that shouldn't be happening. It could've been the heat we were having that day. Other than that, the ride was still good. I think My third ride was in the back. If you want a more intense ride, then you'll need to ride in the back row. The back row is definitely the most intense row. But if there's a time when you'll get the best ride on Orion, it has to be at night when it's really dark out. It was truly an unforgettable experience. Orion is definitely a great addition to Kings Island. Very good and very detailed theming, a fun and thrilling ride experience, and an amazing and very photogenic night ride. My friend Alex that was with me at the First riders event said that he gave Orion a 5 screams rating. I'll give it a scream rating of 5 too. Overall, Orion is a very memorable ride experience that I'll probably never forget. That was probably the best night of my life!!

IMG_20200701_164921.jpg

IMG_20200701_221921.jpg

IMG_20200701_211902.jpg

• Like 4

I know I'm going to RIPPED up on here for saying, but this is my opinion.

Nothing special...

FURY 325 destroys Orion.

Nothing on Orion other than the drop was memorable.   Didn't even feel a desire to immediately ride again.  The line all the way back to Vortex lot probably had something to do with that.

I'll DEFINITELY ride it every time I come to KI, but I think Diamondback and Behemoth are actually better cause the ride is MUCH longer.  

Giga wise, Leviathan and Intimidator 305 are also slightly better than Orion.  And like I said, you GOTTA go ride FURY 325, THEN compare! 

I don't want to be a "hater".  I WANTED it to be amazing.  After all that time and money and planning.  It's a FINE ride.  Great theming.  Other coasters are just a LOT better.

*UPDATE*   fyi, I updated my opinion of Orion after a front row ride!   It's on pg 13! 

Edited by Driver8rws
Update
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Driver8rws said:

Nothing special...

FURY 325 destroys Orion.

Nothing on Orion other than the drop was memorable.   Didn't even feel a desire to immediately ride again.  The line all the way back to Vortex lot probably had something to do with that.

I'll DEFINITELY ride it every time I come to KI, but I think Diamondback and Behemoth are actually better cause the ride is MUCH longer.  

Giga wise, Leviathan and Intimidator 305 are also better than Orion.  And like I said, you GOTTA go ride FURY 325, THEN compare! 

I don't want to be a "hater".  I WANTED it to be amazing.  After all that time and money and planning.  It's a FINE ride.  Great theming.  Other coasters are just a LOT better.

Apparently the line is back to Beast footprints now. :blink:

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Driver8rws said:

Nothing special...

FURY 325 destroys Orion.

Giga wise, Leviathan and Intimidator 305 are also slightly better than Orion.  And like I said, you GOTTA go ride FURY 325, THEN compare! 

Huh, this is the first semi-negative review that I've seen. Most people love it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Driver8rws said:

25min ago it was back to where the loop of Vortex that went into the ground was, so I'd say that is true! 

It stopped at BLSC's entrance about 15 min ago, so it seems it is not growing bigger at this point.

• Like 1

It’s a gp pleaser, not an enthusiast. I have and probably will never get a chance to ride fury 325 to compare

so people like me who who only know Cedar Point and Kong’s island I bet I will like it, 

I love millinium force. I hope it’s compareable. Kings Island is 40 mins away Cedar Point is like 4 hours away

• Like 2

Having ridden Orion about a half hour ago, I will give my review while i enjoy an adult beverage.  The first drop is great, it maintains  speed, but is not very forceful at any point at all.  The last hill is great airtime, but when you hit the break run you can feel how much longer that thing wants to go.  I wish it had more time to play out the speed, but it is a very fun ride that the gp will find reridable.  It is not what i hope for in a giga, but  it is in my opinion the best ride in the park now.  Don't mistake my enthusiast wants for unrealistic expectations, I get i305 is not what brings money in and this is a very good ride.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Driver8rws said:

Nothing special...

FURY 325 destroys Orion.

I have ridden Fury 325, Intimidator 305 and MF as well, but not Orion as of yet. You seem to be in the minority here with your opinion regarding Orion, as I will probably be in the minority with this opinion;  I remember thinking that Fury 325 was a disappointment. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but only the first half.  It hits the helix about halfway through and slows down to a craaaaaaawl the rest of the ride, While Millennium Force maintains it's speed throughout. MF is still my favorite Giga.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Driver8rws said:

Nothing special...

FURY 325 destroys Orion.

This.....I had lots of room on the lap bar......drop was good and the speed hill had airtime and that was it.  Row 2 already had a rattle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love rides and such and people talk about a rattle, ive never noticed or paid attention to any rattle on any coaster I’ve ever been on. 

is this just something enthusiast tend to target? I’m either not noticing or just not thinking it affects me.

but I like forceful, whether it’s painful or g forces. I may be numb from riding motorcycles or something idk. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Driver8rws said:

Diamondback and Behemoth are actually better cause the ride is MUCH longer.  

Really? When did 5,282 feet of track (Diamondback) and 5,318 feet of track (Behemoth) become MUCH longer than 5,321 (Orion)? 

• Like 20
  • Haha 11
  • Sad 2