Orion Reviews

IndyGuy4KI

7 hours ago, super7 said:

It’s just trashy but it says something about the people that do it  

All the need to do to stop it on The Beast is install a solid wood wall on the brake run side of the lift hill so the brake run roof is not visible. 

The average guest at Kings Island doesn't seem to care about the parks cleanliness.  Also, people love to add to piles of things, so it just makes things worse.

well its been about 18 days since I was denied a ride on Orion, and I managed to lose 15 pounds and got my first ride today, and it was absolutely incredible, very fast and intense, the floater airtime is incredible and the drop is easily the best part of the ride. It was worth every sacrifice I had to make to ride it.

Then immediately after we were ushered into the concession stand as the park went on lockdown...

• Like 14

Got on it for the first time last Friday. In my opinion, Orion is nothing special. The first drop is awesome, pretty much the same as every other first drop on a giga. The high banked hill is interesting, but not much force to speak of. Not very much air time either. The trim breaks on the last big air time hill pretty much kills any air time you could have gotten for the rest of the ride. I was left very unimpressed. Vs the other giga coasters I've been on ( Millennium, Fury, Leviathan, & I305) Orion is definitely at the bottom with I305. Doesn't really compare to the others.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BeastieFanatic said:

well its been about 18 days since I was denied a ride on Orion, and I managed to lose 15 pounds and got my first ride today, and it was absolutely incredible, very fast and intense, the floater airtime is incredible and the drop is easily the best part of the ride. It was worth every sacrifice I had to make to ride it.

That is awesome. 

• Like 6

On 7/20/2020 at 12:46 PM, BeastieFanatic said:

Then immediately after we were ushered into the concession stand as the park went on lockdown...

Jimminy Christmas, 18 in 15 days? Well done! Glad you had a fun ride

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dbackdreams said:

Oroin is awesome!!!! I got to ride it front and I was not scared and mom likes it to. I still like Daimonbdack beter but it's weird how it better in back and oroin is better front. The only thing I don't like is fanting oroin circle.

I also greyed out during the helix, not sure why

4 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

Would have to be.

Yeah, that is what I am thinking too.  The times I have ridden I305, I have never greyed out.  But that ride is nowhere near as good as Orion or even the Junkyard Coaster.  But coaster experiences are subjective.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, jjjones325 said:

How quickly do the Access Passes run out for the day? We'll be driving a pretty good way and may not be able to get to the park on the first day until early afternoon. Any chance we get a pass? 

They weren’t using access passes today and yesterday, so you should be fine. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dbackdreams said:

Oroin is awesome!!!! I got to ride it front and I was not scared and mom likes it to. I still like Daimonbdack beter but it's weird how it better in back and oroin is better front. The only thing I don't like is fanting oroin circle.

Yes, Orion is awesome. And, maybe Diamondback is better? For me, Diamondback is awesome in both the front and back rows. And, in the back row you even get a little wet, which I love! On Orion, try taking a deep breath and raising your legs before entering it's fainting circle.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

Not sure where else to place this...unfortunately, Jane Cooper’s initials on the side of Flight of Fear are now covered up by an unthemed Bud Light stand. Makes me very sad!

592EE069-7AA1-4BA5-BA3F-BB2AF30C962A.jpeg

Where were the initials located on the Flight of Fear building? Also, did the park just put this stand up recently?

7 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Where were the initials located on the Flight of Fear building? Also, did the park just put this stand up recently?

They’re on the side facing out toward the Area 72 entrance. The stand was installed within the past week.

• Sad 1

Now that I've gotten 6 rides, I definitely enjoy it a bit more. I truly hope those who visit are able to ride it a few times whenever they go. 

I typically like the front more than the back on most coasters, but Orion I really enjoyed more in the back. The effort they put into the surrounding area is very solid and I am sure as the foliage grows in around Orion it will look great. I am sure they don't want to obstruct the view of Orion in Area 72 but it just felt like KI needs more shade around the park, and Area 72 is very gray and concrete. 

It's been in the 90's like all of July, so I can totally understand reports of the helix greying people out but I never felt that on any of my rides.

The standouts are certainly the first drop and the twisted hill before the brake run. The speed hill is growing more overhyped by the day, in my opinion haha. It isn't any different than the hills you'd find on Titan/Goliath or a lite RMC extended hill like on Outlaw Run.

Orion is such a great fit in Kings Island, it'll be a huge capacity machine, and it won't offend anyone. It's very smooth and not too intense to scare anyone away.

My ranks:

1) 1305

2) Fury 

2) Millennium 

4) Steel Dragon 2000

5) Orion

Reviews are so subjective and people can easily rely on confirmation bias to prove that a coaster is the 'best' or it has 'ejector not floater!!!' or 'the rattle!!!'. Seriously, it doesn't have a rattle or vibrate or anything of that sort. It's just a solid ride that focuses getting to the brake run as quickly as it goes off the lift. 

36 minutes ago, Ki Man said:

Now that I've gotten 6 rides, I definitely enjoy it a bit more. I truly hope those who visit are able to ride it a few times whenever they go. 

I typically like the front more than the back on most coasters, but Orion I really enjoyed more in the back. The effort they put into the surrounding area is very solid and I am sure as the foliage grows in around Orion it will look great. I am sure they don't want to obstruct the view of Orion in Area 72 but it just felt like KI needs more shade around the park, and Area 72 is very gray and concrete. 

It's been in the 90's like all of July, so I can totally understand reports of the helix greying people out but I never felt that on any of my rides.

The standouts are certainly the first drop and the twisted hill before the brake run. The speed hill is growing more overhyped by the day, in my opinion haha. It isn't any different than the hills you'd find on Titan/Goliath or a lite RMC extended hill like on Outlaw Run.

Orion is such a great fit in Kings Island, it'll be a huge capacity machine, and it won't offend anyone. It's very smooth and not too intense to scare anyone away.

My ranks:

1) 1305

2) Fury 

2) Millennium 

4) Steel Dragon 2000

5) Orion

Reviews are so subjective and people can easily rely on confirmation bias to prove that a coaster is the 'best' or it has 'ejector not floater!!!' or 'the rattle!!!'. Seriously, it doesn't have a rattle or vibrate or anything of that sort. It's just a solid ride that focuses getting to the brake run as quickly as it goes off the lift. 

You get airtime on titan or goliath?  I never have.  Anyways the speed hill provides strong floater.  I dont experience that on the giavanola hypers.

13 hours ago, IceePirate said:

Fastest dispatch I have seen was 28 seconds. Last I went, dispatches were pretty close to 2 trains being in motion at all times if not all 3.

Yeah big shout out to the crew, they've been crushing it. I'm thankful they've been allowing row requests as well. Every visit I'd say they're typically sending a train out as another approaches the trimmed hill. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ki Man said:

Yeah big shout out to the crew, they've been crushing it. I'm thankful they've been allowing row requests as well. Every visit I'd say they're typically sending a train out as another approaches the trimmed hill. 

Appreciate that, I might not work there anymore, but I think the most we did when I was there was 45 trains. We have it better off though since we let everyone off at the same time, and not row by row.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, IceePirate said:

Appreciate that, I might not work there anymore, but I think the most we did when I was there was 45 trains. We have it better off though since we let everyone off at the same time, and not row by row.

Yeah why do you guys do it all at once instead of row by row like every other ride? Not complaining, just curious. 

• Like 1

Orion is the only coaster that can match Fury dispatch times. Easy restraints and NO bins. Leviathan bins are a nightmare. Everyone at Wonderland, which is my home park, always carries enough for a weekend in the country. The crew tries hard, but with the bins its never super fast. I was very impressed with the Orion ops on my visit, should bode well for eventual crowded day ops, whenever that finally happens again. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1