Orion Reviews

IndyGuy4KI

12 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Yeah why do you guys do it all at once instead of row by row like every other ride? Not complaining, just curious. 

Keep in mind I don't work for the park anymore, but I would have to say capacity. Tbh, it's hit or miss if you get social distancing on other rides because the ride attendants can't make you move once you're past the exit, so people sometimes stop. Doing it this way takes away about 10-15 seconds that would otherwise be spent dismissing row by row and it means the crew can probably dispatch another 4-5 trains per hour.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IceePirate said:

Keep in mind I don't work for the park anymore, but I would have to say capacity. Tbh, it's hit or miss if you get social distancing on other rides because the ride attendants can't make you move once you're past the exit, so people sometimes stop. Doing it this way takes away about 10-15 seconds that would otherwise be spent dismissing row by row and it means the crew can probably dispatch another 4-5 trains per hour.

They seem to be sacrificing their own rules and health practices for capacity sake. When everyone scrambles off at once there is almost no way to stay six feet away from another guest. This is made very clear when all the other rides in the park abide by the rules but the newest latest and greatest chooses to ignore them. Uncomfortable. 

• Like 3

They seem to be sacrificing their own rules and health practices for capacity sake. When everyone scrambles off at once there is almost no way to stay six feet away from another guest. This is made very clear when all the other rides in the park abide by the rules but the newest latest and greatest chooses to ignore them. Uncomfortable. 
I complained about this last Sunday, I do not agree with letting everyone off Orion bat the same time. I had to stop at the exit cause of the bottle neck, sorry that's not social distancing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2020 at 9:34 PM, NegativeGs said:

Yes, Orion is awesome. And, maybe Diamondback is better? For me, Diamondback is awesome in both the front and back rows. And, in the back row you even get a little wet, which I love! On Orion, try taking a deep breath and raising your legs before entering it's fainting circle.

My dude thanks!!!!!!  I have not ben back to King's island because we are getting ready for school.  We working on reading and spelling.  Dad says I getting better, and I like to wright. But I don't like math.  So dad teaches me about math with roller casters!  He said the fainting circle is because of a force of gravity pulling your body down and like three times, so we learn times by talking about that. Then the floating on Daimonbdack is like negtive gravity so like when astrnots float in space.  Now that is pretty kewl!  I didn't know math is fun!  

I'm curious how holding breath and legs out helps the fainting circle?????

We went to Kentuckys kingdom and Strom chaser is fun always and oh my gosh thunder run is like totally crazy this year!!!!!

So do you think they will ever get anything like oroin or Daimonbdack at Kentuckys kingdom? The light run is kind of like if they combined Daimonbdack Vortex without loops and Mystic Timbers.  They don't have a tall caster there I guess because of airport. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dbackdreams said:

My dude thanks!!!!!!  I have not ben back to King's island because we are getting ready for school.  We working on reading and spelling.  Dad says I getting better, and I like to wright. But I don't like math.  So dad teaches me about math with roller casters!  He said the fainting circle is because of a force of gravity pulling your body down and like three times, so we learn times by talking about that. Then the floating on Daimonbdack is like negtive gravity so like when astrnots float in space.  Now that is pretty kewl!  I didn't know math is fun!  

We went to Kentuckys kingdom and Strom chaser is fun always and oh my gosh thunder run is like totally crazy this year!!!!!

So do you think they will ever get anything like oroin or Daimonbdack at Kentuckys kingdom? The light run is kind of like if they combined Daimonbdack Vortex without loops and Mystic Timbers.  They don't have a tall caster there I guess because of airport. 

It's more like they don't have a tall coaster there because tall coasters cost a lot of money to build, and Kentucky Kingdom is a smaller park that gets less money. If you think that is cool though, modern coaster design is essentially nothing but math. Engineers need to find out exactly how long something has to be or how short in order to get the effect they want, it's all a bunch of formulas. For example, if they messed up and made the airtime hills on Diamondback too tall, then you wouldn't get any of that floater sensation that most people love about the coaster, it would be less thrilling overall. By the same token, if you made the Orion helix too tight, then you would give riders a bunch of positive gravity which would cause all of them to black out due to extreme forces. Because of this, engineers use math in order to make all the rides we know and love today.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, IceePirate said:

It's more like they don't have a tall coaster there because tall coasters cost a lot of money to build, and Kentucky Kingdom is a smaller park that gets less money. If you think that is cool though, modern coaster design is essentially nothing but math. Engineers need to find out exactly how long something has to be or how short in order to get the effect they want, it's all a bunch of formulas. For example, if they messed up and made the airtime hills on Diamondback too tall, then you wouldn't get any of that floater sensation that most people love about the coaster, it would be less thrilling overall. By the same token, if you made the Orion helix too tight, then you would give riders a bunch of positive gravity which would cause all of them to black out due to extreme forces. Because of this, engineers use math in order to make all the rides we know and love today.

My dude thanks!!!!!   And I like Daimonbdack just the way and I like that flating very very much!!!! I flat on oroin a couple times but it fast and fun. But I only ride front oroin and now back my favorite on Daimonbdack!  Today we are gonna do math and convers the feet long they are to inches and meaters!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

Skip to 2:50 and you have some juicy stuff. Makes me wonder if he's been on this site before.

He has been, but I don’t think he’s specifically calling out the site. If you look back on Twitter you can see where he got into it with someone saying that it was the greatest coaster of all time. I think that’s what he had in mind.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Skip to 2:50 and you have some juicy stuff. Makes me wonder if he's been on this site before.

Lol...I just think that Kings Island has a very passionate fan base due to the great experiences that the park has been giving them for many years. You can see that the employees also are very passionate and care about the park which frankly I don't see in many other parks.  I feel that some people resent that

Orion; brand new B&M giga      Mystic Timbers; universally considered the best GCI woodie      Banshee; the longest inverted coaster in the world with great intensity and easily one of the best of its kind (if they can get it running consistently smooth again)     Diamondback; one of the best B&M hypers with loads of airtime and a nice unique splashdown     The Beast; longest wooden coaster in the world that takes you on a trek through the forest with an epic double helix finale and gives maybe the best night ride of any coaster in ever created.    Hard to argue against these Top 5.

Some people just get it and others don't want to get it.  Like some may think 'Metallica' is the greatest band ever but hate the mere mention of 'The Eagles' but anyone with finer intelligence knows who the superior band is

In the end I don't believe that Kings Island fans aggrandize/overhype their rides and attractions I just think that they are genuinely and spontaneously enthusiastic about the park and if a if a park can create such reactions with its guests then it's surely doing its job

• Like 3

On 7/27/2020 at 9:53 PM, dbackdreams said:

School is certainly more important than roller coasters! And math can be fun. Fact, without math not much in our modern society would exist. At least nothing fun! I find taking a few deep breaths and then holding my breath helps with high positive g-force turns, like the fainting circle. Also, holding your legs up, helps keep blood flowing to your brain. If your brain is starved of oxygen-rich blood, you can faint. I do not know much about Kentucky Kingdom. They once had a B&M stand-up coaster, but that got relocated. Maybe one day B&M will build a hyper coaster like Diamondback there :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NegativeGs said:

School is certainly more important than roller coasters! And math can be fun. Fact, without math not much in our modern society would exist. At least nothing fun! I find taking a few deep breaths and then holding my breath helps with high positive g-force turns, like the fainting circle. Also, holding your legs up, helps keep blood flowing to your brain. If your brain is starved of oxygen-rich blood, you can faint. I do not know much about Kentucky Kingdom. They once had a B&M stand-up coaster, but that got relocated. Maybe one day B&M will build a hyper coaster like Diamondback there :D

My dude thank that makes so much sense about legs in the oroin fainting circle!  Like how powerful is that gravity in there! Kentuckys kingdom is fun but no huge casters like Daimonbdack!

• Like 1