2 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Apparently FUNtv doesn't have much love for Orion either:P

IMG_20200802_175751984.jpg

The only thing that would top that would be if Firehawk and Vortex were options. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, IceePirate said:

Can't speak for yesterday, but on the 4th we cut the line off early in order to cycle everyone off by 945. I'd expect this trend to continue honestly since KI might not want to pay the additional labor to essentially have employees sit and watch the fireworks.

Its disapointing.  Maybe they should move the fireworks launch pad or move to a unique light show end of night parade?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Its disapointing.  Maybe they should move the fireworks launch pad or move to a unique light show end of night parade?

Brilliant idea to cut the line early on your new attraction....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, coaster sally said:

Brilliant idea to cut the line early on your new attraction....

You are always just a ball of sunshine. As a long time poster used to say, "Safety is Paramount." Even when it is not convenient. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

You are always just a ball of sunshine. As a long time poster used to say, "Safety is Paramount." Even when it is not convenient. 

Like fof said maybe change to a light show or move the fireworks.  Does it make sense to close down both flag ship rides?  What other regional parks have nightly foreworks?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

both flag ship rides

Diamondback, Mystic, and Banshee are all still open and I would consider those flagship rides

4 minutes ago, Zader said:

Diamondback, Mystic, and Banshee are all still open and I would consider those flagship rides

Well the park is still hyping orion night rides.  Won't people be dissapointed?  Also I will double down on Orion and Beast(night rides) being the park's flagship attractions.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, coaster sally said:

Well the park is still hyping orion night rides.  Won't people be dissapointed?

Can you please point me to where the park is hyping up night rides on Orion? This is the first I have heard of them doing this.

Just now, loganhubbard said:

Can you please point me to where the park is hyping up night rides on Orion? This is the first I have heard of them doing this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

Thanks, it definitely seems odd for the park to promote night rides and close off the line before sunset.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, loganhubbard said:

Thanks, it definitely seems odd for the park to promote night rides and close off the line before sunset.

Well, the line wasn't closed before sunset. But it was certainly a very short window of time. Maybe twenty minutes.

3 minutes ago, MoreFogPlease said:

Well, the line wasn't closed before sunset. But it was certainly a very short window of time. Maybe twenty minutes.

Sorry, should have said potentially close off the line before sunset. If the park is crowded, this could definitely occur.

It’s a great ride but short. Wait times today were 20 mins around noon then 5 mins at 2:30ish. 

The ride is about sideways hills.   Which are great.   Amazing view of nothing but trees ahead  at the top of the lift hill.     The helix is a little tight and causes some graying.    I prefer the long swooping helix on Fury. 

Crew is top notch.  Little or no stacking with 3 trains running.  The first train I rode never stopped and was out of the station just after the previous train crested the lift hill. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, super7 said:

It’s a great ride but short. Wait times today were 20 mins around noon then 5 mins at 2:30ish. 

The ride is about sideways hills.   Which are great.   Amazing view of nothing but trees ahead  at the top of the lift hill.     The helix is a little tight and causes some graying.    I prefer the long swooping helix on Fury. 

Crew is top notch.  Little or no stacking with 3 trains running.  The first train I rode never stopped and was out of the station just after the previous train crested the lift hill. 

Agree, rode it several times today with line starting at stairs. Short, but intense ride. I find DB has far more airtime, Orion is more force. They compliment each other

• Like 2

7 hours ago, super7 said:

Yes, the ops are definitely a welcome change of pace from the infamous Diamondstack ;)