How many easter eggs can you find in Orion's que line and the new Area 72 area?

Dj325

With the opening of the new Orion at Kings Island, and the all new Area 72, there's bound to be tons of easter eggs scattered throughout the new area and Orion's que. Whenever you get to ride the new ride, try to take some pictures and maybe some notes. This includes the following: Orion's que line, both fast pass and stand-by lines; Flight of Fear que line and exit; all of Area 72, including the podcast car you pass by before you go under The Racer's first hill. Can you find the most easter eggs? Maybe even all of them. Good luck ;) !! Let the challenge begin!!

Edited by Dj325
  • Like 1

Orion wasn't the only thing that was added to Kings Island this year. The area where Orion is located, formerly known as Xbase, has now been rethemed and renamed to "AREA72". 

Spoiler

This might contain spoilers for area 72 and Orion. You have been warned.

IMG_20200701_193219.jpgIMG_20200701_193236.jpgIMG_20200701_221921.jpgIMG_20200701_180808.jpg

That would also mean that there might be some easter eggs and small references to rides at Kings Island and other Cedar Fair parks. How many can you find? You can even take pictures of them. Here's some pics I took from in the Orion que line.IMG_20200701_174747.jpgIMG_20200701_174812.jpgIMG_20200701_174800.jpgIMG_20200701_174806.jpg

IMG_20200701_214801.jpg

IMG_20200701_214751.jpg

IMG_20200701_214735.jpg

IMG_20200701_214741.jpg

IMG_20200701_214717.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 9:22 AM, gforce1994 said:

I took some video of the line: 

There were references to The Bat, Vortex, Skylab. Zodiac, Shooting Star, Tomb Raider, Firehawk, Magnum, Racer, and more.

I thought you were scared to go to King's island because of virsu and drones and why talking about beaster eggs in July that's like to late

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Two little details I found that surprised me was a video tape at FoF's exit that is labeled "7th Portal" a very obscure thing to reference to that I doubt a lot of people remember, but I found it charming.  The weird radio station has an interview with Major Joan (can't remember if her last name was Trampton or Trinton) and a mention of I believe the Vice President wanting to allow the public inside Area 18 to see the so called UFO for themselves.  Also two extra things I found in FoF's queue before Orion that I'm unsure if people noticed is there's a paper with a picture of that alien console inside the UFO right before the stairs on the right hand side that tells you what it means; basically to conquer and reform the galaxy in their image.  And on the bulletin board in the fast pass line before the stairs is some of the base personal IDs that expired at a certain date (I believe when FoF opened).  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TOPGUN1993 said:

:rolleyes: cool stuff

"Major Joan Trenton"* not "Major Jones";)

FOFPreshow18.jpg

Trenton!  That's her last name.  I also found I think another easter egg(don't know if it was found before) outside of the area.  On Adventure Express's station is the substation's symbol on the project Atlas map painted blue on the station.

I must add that the ride references in the Quonset hut contain even more Easter eggs, namely in the captions of the Polaroid pictures adjacent to each ride's poster.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Since that theming is by the Fast Lane queue, those smaller Easter eggs are much more difficult to notice from the slower-moving regular line, especially since that's where one would actually have time to look at those photos and references more closely.

We haven't seen them all just yet! :)

• Like 5

• 3 months later...