Orion vs Diamondback

Dj325

With Orion now being the tallest roller coaster at Kings Island, are people going to ride Orion more than Diamondback? Which ride is better? Make a list of pros and cons for the two rides and then list the final score. Here are the topics that you'll use for scoring the two rides:

1. Theming: Is it very detailed? Does the ride have any audio to go with the theming? Is there a story that is represented well?
  2. Size: is a taller roller coaster (Orion) better, or would you rather ride a coaster shorter (Diamondback)?
  3. Length in Time: would you rather have the ride over quick (Orion), or have the ride last longer (Diamondback)?
  4. Operations: How long does it take for the people to get off the ride for you to get on? How long does it take for the employees to check each of the seats before they can give you the "All clear" for you to go?
  5. This one will be what you choose it to be: *description of topic of your choice*

May the best roller coaster win!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coaster sally said:

Well since orion does not really focus on anything(most gigs focus on speed) I give the edge to Diamondback for it doing airtime well.

Diamondback gets 1 point

2 hours ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Orion is the better of the two for me.  Orion just feels so much more massive, and so much faster.  And that element at the end after the headchopper and going into the final dip is the best.  Lots of sideways airtime.

Orion gets 1 point.

I don't think it's right to say which coaster it better. Its the same as comparing to Beast and Mystic. I get comparing coasters between different parks like Millenium Force and Fury 325 but I don't know if it works out for coasters in the same park. You might have a coaster you might prefer or like more than another but I don't think when it comes to comparing coasters like Orion and Diamondback or no coaster is truly better than another. My two cents.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I don't think it's right to say which coaster it better. Its the same as comparing to Beast and Mystic. I get comparing coasters between different parks like Millenium Force and Fury 325 but I don't know if it works out for coasters in the same park. You might have a coaster you might prefer or like more than another but I don't think when it comes to comparing coasters like Orion and Diamondback or no coaster is truly better than another. My two cents.

Very good point. I was just trying to see peoples' opinions on which one was better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

Agreed. And ride variety is important too. I could ride Diamondback three times in a row, but then I'd be yearning to ride something more retro, like The Beast. And if I could ride Orion in the morning, I'd probably want to enjoy something a little less aggressive, like Diamondback, in the afternoon.

17 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Those two are definitely on my bucket list. I've heard the restraints kinda ruin Skyrush though. 

Also not making a hill go above 80 ft after the first is 200.  My problem was more being thrown forward at the crests of hills.  Currently, Skyrush is my least favorite hyper coaster. 

Also, as I found on El Toro, there are some occurrences due to weather/humidity where it doesn't go through the course as fast and you won't get the mass ejector air most people clamor on about.  My rides were pretty mediocre when I went a few years ago.  

3 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Then there is Invertigo or that yellow thing on the beach at CP.

My two cents. :P 

18 hours ago, coaster sally said:

Well since orion does not really focus on anything(most gigs focus on speed) I give the edge to Diamondback for it doing airtime well.

I love Daimonbdack but I gonna love oroin to. You always mean about King's island why do like even go there. Go somewhere you happy dad said life too short to be mad and some word I can't spell so I sound it out sin a cull.  He said that means anger tuned inside

• Like 2