New Spinach and Artichoke Dip at the Brewhouse

BoddaH1994

I know none of you care because allegedly some sort of rock crashed into the former X Base area, but in keeping with our love for everything new inside the world of Kings Island, as originally reported by the official Kings Island Twitter a few months ago, a new food item was added to the Brewhouse.  

First, let me tell you about our experience at the Brewhouse today.  My girlfriend and I had just gotten off Orion as a first ride of the day and season after just under a two hour wait.  We were tired, dehydrated, hot, and cranky.  We needed replenishment.  We agreed on the Brewhouse "if the line isn't crazy."  Walking that direction, the line was out the door.  Of course, social distancing gives lines the illusion that they're much longer than they were, so we decided to wait for a few minutes to see how long it was actually taking.  In a move that actually hasn't been surprising over the past season and a half, it was well thought out, organized, and the employees presented themselves as competent and knowledgeable about the new procedures.  There was a gentleman at the entrance that gave you a number and explained how the table seating works now.  Long story short, they seat you once you order rather than you picking your own seats.  Okay, cool.  

We ordered our food (Pub Burger all the way!  Girlfriend got the BBLT.). Then we decided to splurge for the new Spinach and Artichoke Dip.  Now, we've all been to Applebees.  That sort of appetizer is something that's hard to screw up, but also hard to make notable.   Of course, when you have an actual executive chef on the case, it's hard to sell them on the idea of a milky queso and little flakes of greens floating in it.  

IMG_8459.jpg

Oh yeah.  This was wild ride of taste.  I'm not food critic, in fact I don't really have the economy of language to properly describe a dining experience like the professionals do, but what I will say is that the dip was absolutely amazing.  It was thick and had a warm, chunky vibe to it.  The chips are seasoned in some sort of salt based mix.   As with all hand made foods, some had more seasoning than others.  The more seasoning you had on a particular chip, the more you could taste how the saltiness of the chips complemented that warm, smooth taste of the dip and vice versa.  Gosh, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!  

Pro tip: the dip also works beautifully paired with the tater tots that come with most meals. 

The spinach and artichoke dip is found in the Brewhouse.  It is NOT on the meal plan and retails for about $8 as of the time of this writing.  It's been a long offseason.  Treat yourselves.

• Like 10