Kings Island's next big coaster a ground-up R.M.C?

Dj325

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

I'm not questioning your logic or Cedar Fair's policy but wouldn't 30 years be a more accurate baseline assuming reliability isn't an issue?

No because your acting like the policy is it’s 20 years old tear it down.  But thats not it at all.  It’s that they want to get 20 years of use, then sit down and say is it still popular, is it a draw to the park, how much is maintenance costing, what condition is it in, etc.  Rides do not always last 20 years but it’s typically something major when they do not.

At the same time it is why you often see rides which are not popular, or known to cost too much to maintain, or just always down, get removed right around the 20 year mark.  Firehawk was I believe 19 years old when it was scrapped.  If someone were to graph the length of time between when the ride was initially installed, to when it was removed you should find a spike around 20 years, and a long tail.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Also, whats with axing The Bat? Did I miss something lol?

Just speculation. I personally enjoy Bat and would hate to see it go. However, when studying the topography of that plot of land, an RMC would be the best option here if they do decide to remove it. Plus, with the recent closure of Vortex, it has started speculation on if/when our other two arrow coasters would be removed (Bat and the 11th commandment...also known as Adventure Express).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

Ohh boy! Both of those rides are fan favorite rides. Removing either one of those rides would be a heartbreaking. 

So was Vortex and Firehawk. Both were removed because they started to cost too much to maintain and they reached the end of their service life. Plus Arrow is a defunct company so it's not as easy to find parts. However, it would be tough to lose both rides. 

While losing The Bat would create a unique dent in the KI lineup, it'll also be interesting to see what they can use the land for. Part of me wants a low to the ground blitz coaster or Mack Launch that interacts with the terrain, but at the same time, in order to not suffer the problem of The Bat has of being secluded, a RMC that would peak above the trees and look intimidating would probably catch more attention from a distance. It'll be an interesting situation as KI has a quite a few rides approaching 30 years and the Invertigo parts situation.

Vortex is a great plot, but also with The Bat's terrain and it could extend into the extra Son of Beast territory and old Safari section, I'm interested what the park will plan in general for that section of the park behind Banshee. If The Vortex plot doesn't become a Forbidden Frontier style land, maybe The Bat/Son of Beast section has potential.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Plus Arrow is a defunct company so it's not as easy to find parts. However, it would be tough to lose both rides. 

S&S, now S&S Sansei, bought Arrow out of bankruptcy.  They still manufacture Arrow replacement parts.

For those of you that do not know, S&S Sansei Technologies purchased Arrow Dynamics in 2002 and continues to provide replacement parts and perform service and rehab on the many Arrow products still in operation. Here is one of the Arrow projects going through our shop right now!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/SandSSansei/photos/a.655603447945747/684447701727988/

• Like 2

• 3 months later...