Do you have a most favorite and least favorite ride at Kings Island?

Dj325

What's your most favorite ride at Kings Island? Give as many reasons why it's your most favorite ride as you like. What's your least favorite ride at Kings Island? Give as many reasons why it's your least favorite ride as you like.

I would say Diamondback is my favorite coaster at Kings Island for it's height, speed and air time. Drop Tower would be my favorite flat ride due to the height and air time. My least favorite would be WindSeeker due to my motion sickness.

• Like 1

Favorite-  Beast- Love wooden coasters over steel, long and unique layout, great helix finale, my favorite night ride on any coaster ever

Least Favorite- Xtreme Skyflyer- does have a good free fall once you release yourself from the lift wire, but otherwise, a giant pay-per-ride swing

• Like 1

My number 1 ride at Kings Island is Diamondback! Diamondback is the ride that made me a thrill seeker! I always make sure that I ride in the Front Row! I love it how the drop is super close to the pathways! But by far the best part of the ride and definitely the most iconic part. It's the Splashdown at the end! I love that fact that it feels like I'm flying across the water! It's just a fantastic ride!

Now, I'm not going say what my least favorite ride is. It isn't because I don't have one, because I do have a least favorite ride. I just don't want to say it.

15 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

Favorite - Diamondback, sentimental reasons

Least favorite - Xtreme Skyflyer, I think it’s a very ugly looking ride.

Diamondback is my most favorite too! And I do agree with what you on Xtreme Skyflyer. It is kind of a little ugly looking. Maybe that might be the next ride to "Get the axe."

28 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Favorite-  Beast- Love wooden coasters over steel, long and unique layout, great helix finale, my favorite night ride on any coaster ever

Least Favorite- Xtreme Skyflyer- does have a good free fall once you release yourself from the lift wire, but otherwise, a giant pay-per-ride swing

Uuhh, so The Beast is your most favorite ride. Ookaay. Apparently your most favorite ride is my least favorite ride. Sorry about that:(. But, I definitely agree with what you said about Xtreme Skyflyer, even though I've never really ridden it.

During daytime, Diamondback: what's not to love about the silky-smooth ride? During nighttime, The Beast: terrifyingly enjoyable, especially the helix tunnel and screams in the dark.

After I ride Orion tomorrow, maybe my views will change.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NegativeGs said:

During daytime, Diamondback: what's not to love about the silky-smooth ride? During nighttime, The Beast: terrifyingly enjoyable, especially the helix tunnel and screams in the dark.

After I ride Orion tomorrow, maybe my views will change.

Orion is super cool! Especially at night when it's all light up! Also, Diamondback, hands down the best ride that I've ridden other than Steel Vengeance and Maverick at Cedar Point, and Orion at Kings Island! Unfortunately, your most favorite ride to ride at night, which is The Beast, just so happens to be my least favorite ride at Kings Island. So sorry if that might upset you :(.

• Confused 1

Best - Day: Orion, Night: Beast. Night ride might change to Orion tomorrow if they let us ride it at the end of the night.

Worst - Racer, it's unbearably rough, one of 2 rides I won't ride at KI. I slightly wonder what a dueling RMC conversion would be like, especially if they beef up the height.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Most fans of wooden coasters not named El Toro, T-Express or Balder are more than okay with someone saying they're someone's least favorite given the nature of older ones.  I can understand why someone could have them as a least favorite.  

1 minute ago, silver2005 said:

Most fans of wooden coasters not named El Toro, T-Express or Balder are more than okay with someone saying they're someone's least favorite given the nature of older ones.  I can understand why someone could have them as a least favorite.  

Thank you for your understanding. I was a little worried there for a second.

4 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

Best - Day: Orion, Night: Beast. Night ride might change to Orion tomorrow if they let us ride it at the end of the night.

Worst - Racer, it's unbearably rough, one of 2 rides I won't ride at KI. I slightly wonder what a dueling RMC conversion would be like, especially if they beef up the height.

I know you said that The Racer is one of 2 rides that you won't ride at Kings Island. What's the other ride?

2 minutes ago, Dj325 said:

Orion is super cool! Especially at night when it's all light up! Also, Diamondback, hands down the best ride that I've ridden other than Steel Vengeance and Maverick at Cedar Point, and Orion at Kings Island! Unfortunately, your most favorite ride to ride at night, which is The Beast, just so happens to be my least favorite ride at Kings Island. So sorry if that might upset you :(.

No offense taken. My 10-year old daughter also avoids The Beast like bitter-tasting boiled brussel sprouts :D

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

I would agree that The Racer is rough. I feel the Red train is more torturous than the Blue. Hopefully, future retracking of both coasters will make them enjoyable to ride again. 

6 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

A Beast retracking might make it my favorite ride. I've never ridden it back row and I don't really intend to, but I'd rethink that with a retracking. Would be kind of interesting too if they made it 20 car millennium fliers. 

Last summer, the back car was too painful for me. So, I would always wait the extra time to ride near the front. 

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

Beast is a bit smoother when one rides in the 2nd row of each car, aka, the non-wheel seats.  I've ridden as far back as the 2nd to last row since that qualifies and got good rides on it. 

Unfortunately, only two such seats are available this year, which makes it very difficult to get a "good" ride.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ninevolt said:

Favorite ride so far at the park:       Two way tie between Banshee and Orion.

Least Favorite:   Racer

Ride I was surprised to like:   The Bat

Definitely like Orion. But, I don't really like Banshee or The Bat. I'm not a fan of Banshee's restraints. They just kill all the airtime. For The Bat, I feel like that ride has a real vibration problem. Every time I come off that ride, I come off with a really bad burning feeling on my nose.

Favorite: The Racer. I’ll never understand the complaints. I’ve been riding it for years consistently and have never had any roughness issues. I also didn’t really grow up with smooth as glass coasters like Diamondback. To each their own. 

Least Favorite: Backlot Stunt Coaster. Italian Job was one of the first installations I closely followed as an enthusiast at a young age. I was so excited for that ride, but also sad to see the Eagles and Tiques go. The end result left the park with, in my opinion, a massively visible eye sore. That coupled with the lack of functioning effects make it feel cheap. 

Honorable Mention: Adventure Express. I love that ride, but it desperately needs some TLC. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 11:33 PM, Dj325 said:

I rode Orion twice today. Once in the first row. It was seriously awesome. No night rides though, as I had to leave early. I'll return next weekend, although the park closes at 7 pm. Hopefully, in August the park will be open until 10 pm for a night ride.

• Like 1

My favorite is either Orion or Mystic Timbers... I really can’t choose! I got some seriously great rides on them both this past weekend, and they are both some of the best coasters in the WORLD.

I can’t really say anything bad about any rides at Kings Island because I get enjoyment out of all of them. If I HAD to pick a least favorite ride it would probably be Flying Ace Ariel Chase not because it is rough, but just because it does not do a whole lot. I still enjoy it for what it is though, and it really is a hit among young kids.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 1:56 AM, homestar92 said:

Unfortunately, only two such seats are available this year, which makes it very difficult to get a "good" ride.

If the seating assignments go the way that I'm thinking (every other), wouldn't there be 3 non-wheel seats?

2-2, 4-2, and 6-2?

Or are they designating 6-3 in order to accommodate backseat requests? (despite 6-2 being the better seat all things considered)

On 7/4/2020 at 12:09 AM, NegativeGs said:

Last summer, the back car was too painful for me. So, I would always wait the extra time to ride near the front. 

Going off what silver2005 said, where you sit relative to the front of the train is not nearly as relevant as to where you sit within each of the individual cars, with regards to smoothness.

For example, seats 4-2, 5-2, 6-2 will usually be smoother than 1-3, 2-3, or 3-3. The same applies for two-bench PTCs (which are all wheel seats, technically). I've had 6-1 rides on Voyage that were smoother than 1-2 rides.

Now obviously with the blocked off rows this year, it removes a lot of the seat selection, but if you do have to opt for a wheel seat, go for the front-wheel seat (of car, not neccessarily train) as opposed to the back-wheel.

23 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

My favorite is either Orion or Mystic Timbers... I really can’t choose! I got some seriously great rides on them both this last weekend, and they are both some of the best coasters in the WORLD.

I can’t really say anything bad about any rides at Kings Island because I get enjoyment out of all of them. If I HAD to pick a least favorite ride it would probably be Flying Ace Ariel Chase not because it is rough, but just because it does not do a whole lot. I still enjoy it for what it is though, and it really is a hit among young kids.

Can’t wait to ride Orion. It would probably be a toss up between Diamondback and MT for me. Both are tons of fun and very rerideable to me. Other like Banshee I love but are a bit intense to  redo a lot. 

Don’t really have a least favorite either as nothing inherently wrong with any of the rides I feel but if I had to pick (excluding Planet Snoopy stuff) I’d say Shake Rattle and Roll. Think the ride looks great and glad it’s there but for some reason it makes me nauseous when the other rides don’t. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BeastForever said:

If the seating assignments go the way that I'm thinking (every other), wouldn't there be 3 non-wheel seats?

2-2, 4-2, and 6-2?

Or are they designating 6-3 in order to accommodate backseat requests? (despite 6-2 being the better seat all things considered)

On the rides where there are an even number of rows, they are skipping one extra row somewhere near the middle of the train so that the front and back seats are both available. I may be wrong and there may still be three available (if so, the one I'm missing would be 5-2) but they are not using a simple "every other row" system.

The one exception to this rule that I've observed is The Bat, which seats only in odd numbered rows. But really that's no loss since nobody over 5'9" would want to sit in a back seat in an Arrow train.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 11:58 PM, IceePirate said:

A Beast retracking might make it my favorite ride. I've never ridden it back row and I don't really intend to, but I'd rethink that with a retracking. Would be kind of interesting too if they made it 20 car millennium fliers. 

I would definitely suggest you not ride in the back row, especially near the end of the season before the park closes to get ready for Winterfest. If you ride it in the back row at that time of the season, it'll feel like the ride is on steroids and is trying to smash you into an oblivion. One time, I rode it in the back row CLOSE to end of the season, and I had to go home that night with a ice pack on my head. So yeah, I would definitely ride it more if they retracked it and gave it millennium flier trains.