Web Cams Down

mikejenkins1

5 hours ago, NightlyBeast said:

My guess is they don't want to risk the footage being used by the media to report on attendance.  I can say the cams were up recently as I checked them often. 

I'd believe it might be a reason if the other CF park webcams went down after they opened as well. With CP opening tomorrow we'll see.

10 hours ago, NightlyBeast said:

My guess is they don't want to risk the footage being used by the media to report on attendance.  I can say the cams were up recently as I checked them often. 

I like this theory, but I don't think it is realistic.  It is kinda like the old NFL black out rules.  There are not enough people in the park, so turn off the cameras to encourage more people to come!  The Mystic Timbers camera could not be used as any kind of attendance indication whatsoever, it only showed whether 3 rides were operating or not (train, Mystic, and Diamondback). 

9 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I don't think there's a whole lot to this.  Maybe they're moving them.  Maybe they're down due to network issues.  I'm sure they'll be back soon.

So you're saying that the webcams, which had been operating just fine for months while the park was closed, suddenly were moved or had network issues around the same time that the park opened?  I'm not buying it.  Not to mention tweets like this one...

In the grand scheme of things, the webcams are not that big of a deal, but in my opinion the message here is that Kings Island is not 100% comfortable with showing the Internet the status inside the park at the moment.

20 hours ago, NightlyBeast said:

Maybe? But then you see selfies on FB groups where some people don't have their masks on while in line. 

4 hours ago, jimlaheyscar said:

Web cams are up and running at CP if you want to watch opening day.  Crowd to get in is already long.

I suppose this probably squashes the conspiracy theory that Cedar Fair doesn't want footage of how many people are in the park... which is disturbingly sparse looking watching the cams. 

6 hours ago, KIguy2004 said:

I emailed them a week ago and they said it was due to a so called "software upgrade."

Here is a photo of Cedar Point's webcam.

Screenshot (8).png

Two fitting statements for this one... A)That character didn't get the memo that Mantis has been gone for a few years.  B)Gigabug

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
1 minute ago, Taylor.B03 said:

They are down for me as of 1:02 PM

Edit: I literally just refreshed and they are back since I posted

Apparently, it was probably a pixelcaster issue. Pixelcaster is the website that does the webcams. I went on Cedar Point's and theirs were down too. I tried loading the pixelcaster website and the site itself wouldn't load, so it probably was a site issue. 

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Apparently, it was probably a pixelcaster issue. Pixelcaster is the website that does the webcams. I went on Cedar Point's and theirs were down too. I tried loading the pixelcaster website and the site itself wouldn't load, so it probably was a site issue. 

Could have been the crazy wind we have been getting. Glad KI got them back up and working!

• 5 months later...

The International Street Cam is back up and running. The web page however says the cam is down due to preparations for the Grand Carnivale. Was yesterday just a soft opening for the Grand Carnivale? Are they still prepping? I’m going to the park tomorrow, does anyone know if it will all be ready by then?

IMG_3403.png

9 hours ago, Tr0y said:

The International Street Cam is back up and running. The web page however says the cam is down due to preparations for the Grand Carnivale. Was yesterday just a soft opening for the Grand Carnivale? Are they still prepping? I’m going to the park tomorrow, does anyone know if it will all be ready by then?

IMG_3403.png

Probably the cam went back up but they haven’t updated the web site to take the preparations thing off. They were rehearsing from 11:00p until like 3:00a or so. They didn’t want you watching that. This is going to sound dumb, but I’m glad they do this. I’d totally be tempted to watch the cams and ruin the surprise for myself. :D

• Like 1