Last Operating Day for 2020 is Nov 1st!

Kings Island is now closed for 2020.

5 hours ago, NightlyBeast said:

My guess is they don't want to risk the footage being used by the media to report on attendance.  I can say the cams were up recently as I checked them often. 

I'd believe it might be a reason if the other CF park webcams went down after they opened as well. With CP opening tomorrow we'll see.

10 hours ago, NightlyBeast said:

My guess is they don't want to risk the footage being used by the media to report on attendance.  I can say the cams were up recently as I checked them often. 

I like this theory, but I don't think it is realistic.  It is kinda like the old NFL black out rules.  There are not enough people in the park, so turn off the cameras to encourage more people to come!  The Mystic Timbers camera could not be used as any kind of attendance indication whatsoever, it only showed whether 3 rides were operating or not (train, Mystic, and Diamondback). 

9 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I don't think there's a whole lot to this.  Maybe they're moving them.  Maybe they're down due to network issues.  I'm sure they'll be back soon.

So you're saying that the webcams, which had been operating just fine for months while the park was closed, suddenly were moved or had network issues around the same time that the park opened?  I'm not buying it.  Not to mention tweets like this one...

In the grand scheme of things, the webcams are not that big of a deal, but in my opinion the message here is that Kings Island is not 100% comfortable with showing the Internet the status inside the park at the moment.

20 hours ago, NightlyBeast said:

Maybe? But then you see selfies on FB groups where some people don't have their masks on while in line. 

4 hours ago, jimlaheyscar said:

Web cams are up and running at CP if you want to watch opening day.  Crowd to get in is already long.

I suppose this probably squashes the conspiracy theory that Cedar Fair doesn't want footage of how many people are in the park... which is disturbingly sparse looking watching the cams. 

6 hours ago, KIguy2004 said:

I emailed them a week ago and they said it was due to a so called "software upgrade."

Here is a photo of Cedar Point's webcam.

Screenshot (8).png

Two fitting statements for this one... A)That character didn't get the memo that Mantis has been gone for a few years.  B)Gigabug

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...