2020 Restaurants & Dining Plans

chuck norris

2020 brings the opening of meteor canteen as well as some likely changes to food services to comply with COVID guidelines.

Also, during the off-season there was an image that appeared in the app regarding pre ordering food in park through the app (it appears that has been removed).

Thread to discuss all things 2020 Dining at KI!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Had 3 meals yesterday (2 for me, 1 for my wife) at the park and once again they were fantastic.  Chef Major and his team have continued their quality standards.  The new spinach and artichoke dip at the Brewhouse is definitely a home run (Red's all of fame grill pun intended ;)).  My wife had the pub burger and I had the Trailblazer (the new name for the impossible burger).  Looking forward to trying more next time.

Had 3 meals yesterday (2 for me, 1 for my wife) at the park and once again they were fantastic.  Chef Major and his team have continued their quality standards.  The new spinach and artichoke dip at the Brewhouse is definitely a home run (Red's all of fame grill pun intended ;)).  My wife had the pub burger and I had the Trailblazer (the new name for the impossible burger).  Looking forward to trying more next time.

Is the dip in the dining plan? I assume both burgers were.

18 minutes ago, chuck norris said:

Is the dip in the dining plan? I assume both burgers were.

No but it was 8.95 and worth every penny.  My wife and I are making a effort to spend more inside the park (we had 3 Shotgun Wedding IPA's between us.  Hints of Vanilla bean aged in burbon barrells was fantastic) as our way of helping out in these trying times for the chain.  CF could have easily just extended the passes and not the funpix, drink or meal plans but they led the industry by making a call to benefit all of the pass holders, even allowing people to buy this year and extending the passes to 2021.  I hope others who can afford to do so will follow suit as I am impressed by the generosity of Cedar Fair in this regard.  I don't see any other large chain doing this and they should be commended for their swift and early decision.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, robintodd said:

we had 3 Shotgun Wedding IPA's between us.  Hints of Vanilla bean aged in burbon barrells was fantastic

That sounds amazing. Does anyone know if that's sound anywhere else, such as Jungle Jim's or Kroger? 

Had a great lunch at about 1230 at Brewhouse before the crowds hit, excellent burger. Wife had the sliders. Tots too greasy as always but thats how i always feel about tots, not specific to KI. Added the spinach dip, it was excellent. Restroom was clean and hit the sanitizer on the side door exit. Second meal at Hanks, steak burrito for me and my wife had a Carnitas bowl. They gave us both a ton of guac, great value overall. A solid day. Kings Island has some of my favorite dining plan items, on par or better than CP and Knotts for top 3 in the chain. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, robintodd said:

No but it was 8.95 and worth every penny.  My wife and I are making a effort to spend more inside the park (we had 3 Shotgun Wedding IPA's between us.  Hints of Vanilla bean aged in burbon barrells was fantastic) as our way of helping out in these trying times for the chain.  CF could have easily just extended the passes and not the funpix, drink or meal plans but they led the industry by making a call to benefit all of the pass holders, even allowing people to buy this year and extending the passes to 2021.  I hope others who can afford to do so will follow suit as I am impressed by the generosity of Cedar Fair in this regard.  I don't see any other large chain doing this and they should be commended for their swift and early decision.

Glad you also enjoyed the dip. Here is my write up if you haven’t seen it:

• Like 2

Cod sandwich without cheese w/ spicy slaw and tots. One of my brewhouse favorites.

Pro: Tasty.
Con: Took about 20 minutes to order/get food.

Another pro, we sat outside and I LOVED not smelling the drifting smoke of the smoking section that used to be right next to the outdoor dining. Eating while watching Diamondback splashdown was great. 900b797a274bbe28b4dacacdb9929da8.jpg

On 7/5/2020 at 9:30 AM, chuck norris said:

Here’s the screen shot I took in the off-season which seemed like dining pre ordering was coming.

6ded52efa8b701c58a67ebeb01a4eda5.jpg

See also:

0C50C46F-F8D4-4C24-BF60-EC85642BFB24.jpeg

Taken today, right outside the park gates. My guess is they abandoned the project because of the ‘Rona but haven’t updated all of the signage yet. 

• Like 1

See also:
0C50C46F-F8D4-4C24-BF60-EC85642BFB24.thumb.jpeg.c6b8799b8a86658adbf8aa6a8dd41bac.jpeg
Taken today, right outside the park gates. My guess is they abandoned the project because of the ‘Rona but haven’t updated all of the signage yet. 

Although interesting that the signage references rona... which means at some point someone thought they would still be able to do both.

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

What about the Afterburner Fries?   Is it just a name like Freedom Fries or are they unique in some way?

According to the dictionary they should just shoot out of you quicker with increased thrust, but cannot confirm.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, King Ding Dong said:

See, I was wondering if they were just deep fried jalapeños.  

New this season, Afterburner fries. Deep fried jalapenos drizzled with a sauce heavily laden with California Reaper extract. It's sure to blow you out of this world one way or another!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do they have outdoor seating for the Miami River Brewhouse?

Yes.
It overlooks the Diamondback splash pond. It’s obviously not air conditioned but has some umbrellas. I don’t like the idea of eating indoors during COVID, so we are outside there today. Just tell them when you arrive that you will be eating outside and they will deliver your food out there.

• Like 2

I'd like to see the park bring back the drink wristbands as an option for single day ticket holders, like they've done the last few years (presumably to compete with Holiday World).  I'm not carrying a souvenir bottle around with me all day for refills.  With it being as hot as it's been, and not wanting to use water fountains during COVID, I'll probably be spending $20-30 a day there on drinks.  I'd honestly be happy to just pay that up front for an unlimited wristband, just for the convenience of not having to pay each time I get a drink.  I think the season drink plan is only $32, but it's only available as an add-on for a season pass.  

• Like 1

fb85540642d2952558ddf06b2515f737.jpg

Currently on the KI website it says you can use the dining plan to “enjoy two meals every visit at 20 locations throughout the park“.

By my count you can only do this at 16:

Chick-fil-A

Chicken Shack

Coney Bar-B-Que

Coney Mall Skyline Chili

Festhaus (La Rosa & Grill)

Hank's Mexican Grill

International Street La Rosa's

Juke Box Diner

Miami River Brewhouse

Panda Express

Planet Snoopy Grill

Rivertown La Rosa's

Rivertown Potato Works

Skyline Chili

Subway Coney Mall

Tom & Chee

I’m guessing this is because they didn’t update the website to reflect that the waterpark isn’t open... as I think there are 4 more options there:

BBQ place

Subway

The la Rosa/grill option

The little shack by the wave pool with burgers/brats.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 9:17 PM, King Ding Dong said:

What about the Afterburner Fries?   Is it just a name like Freedom Fries or are they unique in some way?

They are "spiral cut potatoes with KI chip seasoning" 

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2020/july/refuel-at-the-new-meteor-canteen-consumption-station-in-area-72-at-kings-island?page=3

My question is is anything at the new Meteor Canteen included on the dining plan? (would like to try the chili dog.)

• Like 1