2020 Restaurants & Dining Plans

chuck norris

Random/weird question from a first time dining plan user - is there anywhere on the website or app that tracks how many times you've used it, and where at?

Some people track it in their phones, just for themselves...

But there is nowhere in the app which tracks your meal usage or even tracks the time of your last meal in the park.

If you’re ever not sure if it’s been 4 hours solve your last meal, ask the food cash register attendants and scan your pass and tell you when it was last used for a meal (and when it will be available to use for your second meal)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chibul said:

Random/weird question from a first time dining plan user - is there anywhere on the website or app that tracks how many times you've used it, and where at?

Not that I know of. I usually take a screenshot of my phone each time I use my dining plan.

As of July 4, the loaded pulled pork fries were listed on the menu board with the dining plan symbol, and I was able to order them.

IMG_20200704_190759.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan of cheese sauce, but they were good! The pulled pork is very similar to what's at Coney Barbecue, and RPW fries go along great.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

The marketing photo and what you actually receive are never quite the same are they? :D

Isn't that just how marketing is for everything?  People, food, cars...  everything is rendered to look as flawless as possible.  Reality can never quite match up to that, but should that be the point?  If we're comparing a fast food burger commercial to one that clearly looks like the kitchen used it as a punching bag, I see the annoyance, but I don't expect every single burger to look exactly like the commercial.  Just good enough, so long as it tastes good.  Those fries look good to me (hold the "cheese" sauce, though).

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, robintodd said:

I had them on Wednesday. For Cedar Fair food, they aren't bad. I wasn't able to identify what was in the seasoning, although I'm speculating it's something similar to (though less flavorful than) seasoning salt and/or old bay seasoning.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, malem said:

As of July 4, the loaded pulled pork fries were listed on the menu board with the dining plan symbol, and I was able to order them.

IMG_20200704_190759.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan of cheese sauce, but they were good! The pulled pork is very similar to what's at Coney Barbecue, and RPW fries go along great.

I just wish Coney BBQ or Hanks or somewhere in Kings Island they would offer a BBQ sauce with a kick. I do like Coney BBQ but I wish they had a spicy sauce. Hanks on the other hand is more or less a bland Chipotle when they are not offering a mac and cheese bar. Now if those fries had the Skyline chili and their shredded habanero cheese on them it would be wonderful.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

I just wish Coney BBQ or Hanks or somewhere in Kings Island they would offer a BBQ sauce with a kick. I do like Coney BBQ but I wish they had a spicy sauce. Hanks on the other hand is more or less a bland Chipotle when they are not offering a mac and cheese bar. Now if those fries had the Skyline chili and their shredded habanero cheese on them it would be wonderful.

Coney BBQ does have a spicy BBQ sauce. 

1 hour ago, SnakePlissken said:

Then its either new this year or I somehow always missed it. I know Backbeat does at Cedar Point.

They had it last year as well (my wife uses it).  They have the same sauces as Backbeat.  Spicy BBQ, BBQ or Mustard BBQ.  Easy to miss considering the Spicy and Regular BBQ are almost the same color on the sticker.  Because of the COVID they are giving the sauces in cups.  Just ask for it at the end of the food line.

4 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

Every season I give Hanks 1 shot to see if it is better.  Yesterday was my 1 shot for the season.  I swear that the rice at Chipotle has more seasoning than the chicken at Hanks.

• Like 1

Every season I give Hanks 1 shot to see if it is better.  Yesterday was my 1 shot for the season.  I swear that the rice at Chipotle has more seasoning than the chicken at Hanks.

Your review inspired me to make Hanks my dinner tonight and get my “once a season shot”.

Got a steak burrito.
Tortilla was cold.
Rice wasn’t fully cooked (some pieces were hard)

Steak was flavorful
Guacamole was included and was good.

If I returned I’d probably just get those two items in a bowl. It wouldn’t be as filling, but it would be tasty.

• Like 1

First year with the meal plan as the last year that I didn't work there was 2011. So far fantastic experiences.

I've only done Panda twice and Potato Works twice, and Brew house once. The buffalo chicken fries at Potato Works may be the best dish I've ever had at the park, (Of course not including some fantastic cuisine at the Cornerstone Cafe). Panda is fine. I also had the Pub Burger at Brew house which was a decent burger. Also not on the meal plan, but the Giga-Dog (footlong) was great at meteor canteen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chuck norris said:

Your review inspired me to make Hanks my dinner tonight and get my “once a season shot”.

Got a steak burrito.
Tortilla was cold.
Rice wasn’t fully cooked (some pieces were hard)

Steak was flavorful
Guacamole was included and was good.

If I returned I’d probably just get those two items in a bowl. It wouldn’t be as filling, but it would be tasty.

I think Hank’s is meh. Like if Chipotle were a 10, Hank’s would be a 4-6. I haven’t had the specific issues that you named, but it just seems like the sum of all parts is kind of boring. Sometimes I feel it and eat it - I did today. It’s not gross or anything, it’s just nothing to write home about. That place is a good candidate for rejuvenation in the future. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I think Hank’s is meh. Like if Chipotle were a 10, Hank’s would be a 4-6. I haven’t had the specific issues that you named, but it just seems like the sum of all parts is kind of boring. Sometimes I feel it and eat it - I did today. It’s not gross or anything, it’s just nothing to write home about. That place is a good candidate for rejuvenation in the future. 

They should go to that taco place in the waterpark at Kentucky Kingdom and see how it's really done.

18 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

They should go to that taco place in the waterpark at Kentucky Kingdom and see how it's really done.

Is that place good? I’ve eyed it every time I’ve gone but never pulled the trigger. 

Have you tried the new place they built into the picnic grove there? It’s like higher end bar food. Good food for a park their size!