2020 Restaurants & Dining Plans

chuck norris

New at the Brewhouse:

1118EA4D-2A76-4CB5-9894-02AEF7A04D55.thumb.jpeg.152faee0cd5b2a6ff38c63467a82e0f7.jpeg
I got this on Friday. It was really good. It was actually a sausage filled with the brisket and pulled pork. I tried to get it again on Sunday and they said it was a one day only special! I was bummed! Got the Big Dog and that was longer and a different hot dog than it used to be.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, bigjon1805 said:

I got this on Friday. It was really good. It was actually a sausage filled with the brisket and pulled pork. I tried to get it again on Sunday and they said it was a one day only special! I was bummed! Got the Big Dog and that was longer and a different hot dog than it used to be.

You mean they only made it for one day or is is it a chefs special on select days?

2 hours ago, bigjon1805 said:

All they said was one day only. I'm not sure.

Two people in my party on Sua day got the last two. Sorry about that. :D

I actually tweeted at the chef and asked him if it was correct. I kind of imagined 2 meats. I asked if the brisket was in the sausage. What I did have was pretty good though. The marinate was the best part. 

29619B26-47D8-4F7E-BD9A-F24C4DD6F4E3.jpeg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Two people in my party on Sua day got the last two. Sorry about that. :D

I actually tweeted at the chef and asked him if it was correct. I kind of imagined 2 meats. I asked if the brisket was in the sausage. What I did have was pretty good though. The marinate was the best part. 

29619B26-47D8-4F7E-BD9A-F24C4DD6F4E3.jpeg

Looks so small.

Corn and carrots on a sandwich?

49 minutes ago, MoreFogPlease said:

We were gonna buy ice cream tonight on our way out of the park, and they wouldn’t let us get in line at one minute past 8. I guess we were technically too late, but I’m kind of surprised the park isn’t more willing to take our money, in these times when they are so desperate for revenue.

Agreed- happened to me this week with a Funnel Cake. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MoreFogPlease said:

We were gonna buy ice cream tonight on our way out of the park, and they wouldn’t let us get in line at one minute past 8. I guess we were technically too late, but I’m kind of surprised the park isn’t more willing to take our money, in these times when they are so desperate for revenue.

Yeah, that's the employees wanting to go home. It's a bad business decision, but it's like any other restaurant/store, you come 1 minute late, you don't get whatever you came for.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MoreFogPlease said:

I wanted a sweet tea at the Chick Fil A last year and same as you 1 minute past and nope even though they have to dump it all anyways.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, IceePirate said:

Yeah, that's the employees wanting to go home. It's a bad business decision, but it's like any other restaurant/store, you come 1 minute late, you don't get whatever you came for.

Understood but, they will keep Orion and Beast open twenty minutes past close to get through the remaining line, which I'm sure is a policy that comes from above the managers of each station. Surely the park could have a policy that certain restaurants will stay open as long as there are people in line, up to a certain extent.

In the end it's not a big deal, we stopped at Graeter's on the way home so we still got our ice cream fix. Just wish we could have spent that money in the park as I'm trying to support the park with more purchases this year due to the Covid situation.

• Like 3

As horrible as 2020 has been on our summer. I have been fortunate it enough to visit the park 15 times. Each time I have had a meal.  All 16 of my meals have been hot , fresh, and delicious. Better than I can make myself. Ranking my meals by tiers.

Tier 1 

Pub Burger hot fresh, and my go to burger when I really want a hamburger.

Fish Sandwich hot fresh with the perfect crunch. 

Space Hoagie blew my mind. The "condiments" on the sausage were really unique and full of flavor. Wish I could make this

Chicken and sweet potato from Coney. I can't replicate the chicken. My favorite meal. Family doesn't like coney bbq

Both salads at the Brewhouse. Really wish you could substitute the tots for a half salad. 

Tier 2

Panda kids love, I never venture away from double orange and the noodles. Has been fresh the 5 times I have had to eat it.

Juke Box cheeseburger hot fresh, and tasty. Fries were undercooked that is what knocks it down.

Chicken Tenders from Chicken Shack. Once again hot fresh, and fast. Does its job when I was in a pinch.

Tom and Cheese BBQ is pretty good, but have had it twice first time would have put in tier 1, but the second wasn't melted or something as good. Drops it here.

Tier 3

Chicken Sandwich from Chicken Shack. No condiments, dry, and stale. Will just go to Chic Fil A if I want a chicken sandwich.

LaRosa's from Festhaus. Had been sitting out, cold, cheese was hardening. Not making that mistake again. Wanted something other than panda paid the price.

Have not gone to Hank's this season can't talk the kids into it. Never been to Subway too slow. Usually go to eat at the Brewhouse and catch a few rides. I found myself craving the Brewhouse during the off season.  Overall the food and service have been fantastic. The selection is perfect for me. Has a variety of things I like, and I try to try everything at the Brewhouse and Coney BBQ every season.

• Like 2

On 8/11/2020 at 9:29 PM, DeltaFlyer said:

Agreed- happened to me this week with a Funnel Cake. 

They used to have supervisors stand at the end of the lines at close at the Blue Ice Cream stand to prevent people from getting in line. Nothing offered there is on the meal plan.  That's something I refer to as "making it hard to give you my money."  I'm shocked it was ever allowed.  Haven't seen it this season, but also haven't really paid attention. 

On 8/11/2020 at 11:31 PM, Bansheelover said:

As horrible as 2020 has been on our summer. I have been fortunate it enough to visit the park 15 times. Each time I have had a meal.  All 16 of my meals have been hot , fresh, and delicious. Better than I can make myself. Ranking my meals by tiers.

Tier 1 

Pub Burger hot fresh, and my go to burger when I really want a hamburger.

Fish Sandwich hot fresh with the perfect crunch. 

Space Hoagie blew my mind. The "condiments" on the sausage were really unique and full of flavor. Wish I could make this

Chicken and sweet potato from Coney. I can't replicate the chicken. My favorite meal. Family doesn't like coney bbq

Both salads at the Brewhouse. Really wish you could substitute the tots for a half salad. 

Tier 2

Panda kids love, I never venture away from double orange and the noodles. Has been fresh the 5 times I have had to eat it.

Juke Box cheeseburger hot fresh, and tasty. Fries were undercooked that is what knocks it down.

Chicken Tenders from Chicken Shack. Once again hot fresh, and fast. Does its job when I was in a pinch.

Tom and Cheese BBQ is pretty good, but have had it twice first time would have put in tier 1, but the second wasn't melted or something as good. Drops it here.

Tier 3

Chicken Sandwich from Chicken Shack. No condiments, dry, and stale. Will just go to Chic Fil A if I want a chicken sandwich.

LaRosa's from Festhaus. Had been sitting out, cold, cheese was hardening. Not making that mistake again. Wanted something other than panda paid the price.

Have not gone to Hank's this season can't talk the kids into it. Never been to Subway too slow. Usually go to eat at the Brewhouse and catch a few rides. I found myself craving the Brewhouse during the off season.  Overall the food and service have been fantastic. The selection is perfect for me. Has a variety of things I like, and I try to try everything at the Brewhouse and Coney BBQ every season.

They should just post this on the web site.  It's the most correct thing I've read all day. 

Nearly all food at the Brewhouse is as good or better than food outside the park.  

I actually ask for specific slices when I eat at LaRosa's.  You can either get the best pizza you've had in a long time, or something that looks like you picked it out of the trash. Depends on if you're careful.  

Skyline is usually "good" but off.  A friend of mine is the general manager of a Skyline.  He said that they don't use the same process as the stores.  If I recall, the stores get the chilli as a partially cooked product and then is steamed, which is what brings out the flavor.  Kings Island's process is more like heating up canned Skyline.  That's why it never tastes quite the same.  

But as many of you have said - they've come a long way.  Eating at the park is now a pleasure instead of a last resort.  

• Like 2

On 8/11/2020 at 8:39 PM, MoreFogPlease said:

I'd be a little more tolerant this year due to pandemic-related restrictions (budgetary and otherwise).  That said, in general, it'd appear to be a better business move to plan some of the quick service dessert and dining locations to be open for a bit past official park close.  That way, people can grab one last treat on the way out, which many do like to do.

In previous years, some of the stands toward the front of Cedar Point have stayed open 30+ minutes after close, getting that business as people walk out.  It happened regularly enough that I imagine they scheduled and budgeted for that.  Not sure about this year, though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Ehhh having it now. Maybe I’m not a big duck person,  but it seemed overcooked. Peppers were ok. Nice seeing different things though. Figure might love some, might not, but if park sees these specials moving may be willing to try more. This must’ve been a quick add. No signage saying what the “special” even was. Feel like they’ve tried more things this year. Maybe smaller crowds makes the gamble less. 

• Like 1

Ehhh having it now. Maybe I’m not a big duck person,  but it seemed overcooked. Peppers were ok. Nice seeing different things though. Figure might love some, might not, but if park sees these specials moving may be willing to try more. This must’ve been a quick add. No signage saying what the “special” even was. Feel like they’ve tried more things this year. Maybe smaller crowds makes the gamble less. 

We’re either on dining plan?
Any indication on if it was today only or if it will be there tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Got these today.

They offered jalapeños and I should have said yes... alright I assumed they were canned jalapeños so I typically just declined.

There was a TON of food, and the first half was good... but it was a bit bland to really enjoy it. I’d maybe get it again to split... and I’d probably get it without the nacho cheese and with jalapeños, but overall glad I tried it 06cc4cf3a5c65a5b3c2e30546ac44510.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 8/13/2020 at 12:51 AM, jsus said:

In previous years, some of the stands toward the front of Cedar Point have stayed open 30+ minutes after close, getting that business as people walk out.  It happened regularly enough that I imagine they scheduled and budgeted for that.  Not sure about this year, though.

Anecdotal update (one day observation only, on the last day of daily operations): yesterday, all CP food locations were closed by the 8pm park close, except for the new French Quarter Confections.  That location only has, you guessed it, desserts.  BackBeatQue and Happy Friar were open shortly before close, but because the restroom by Magnum was closed, I had to find another.  By the time I got back, it was 8pm.  A supervisor at Happy Friar was turning guests away and BBQ's doors were locked.  Ugh.

The struggles of visiting alone when you have no one to watch your stuff. :)

Lessons: check the first restroom you can find, since the one closest to your destination may be closed.  If you find a food stand open shortly before close, especially if you want to use your dining plan, get there while you can.  Make it work somehow.

• Like 1