Face covering suggestions

malem

Since face coverings are here to stay at Kings Island, we should have a thread to discuss which types of coverings work best and where to find them.

As I mentioned in the Coronavirus thread, I bought a few of these $4 packages of cloth masks from Target, which worked well for me at Kings Island over the weekend. They tend to move around when breathing heavily, but I liked that they didn't tug too hard on my ears while staying secure on my face. I'd recommend the adult small/medium size; the large/XL masks are very big.

IMG_20200703_102824.jpg

What has everyone else found success with?

• Like 2

Shamless plug.  A friend of mine owns 513Shirts and their masks are great, they don't go around your ears, they go around the back of your head and your neck, or the top of your head if you are smaller.  They breathe well and they are fairly light weight.  I've been wearing the same two in a rotation while I work the past two months and have had no problems at all.

^The ones I use are similar material but double layered.  They are pretty comfortable all things considered (this coming from someone who has to breathe in steam for 8 hours when I work at Skyline).  I have 4 of them to rotate through.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086Z61G4B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We have neck gaiters with ear loops from Amazon.  They are more of a triangle shape so cooler on our necks. IF you have a normal sized head they work well, I had to sew mine and kids 2 inches smaller in diameter to stay up while walking around and used a hairband to tighten them more for Orion after they were able to drop off our noses (loops saved them from uncovering our mouths at least). Husband had some 3 layer mask with breathing valves and made it maybe 2 hours before switching to a spare gaiter I bought. 

We only have a Wal-Mart that's been out of masks for a couple months. Hopefully can snag a few ear loop styles at CP this week and see if they are better. Also packed a set of surgical masks work gave me to try out.