Kentucky Kingdom Experience - 7/13/20

ThrillKingsFitzy

Today me and @ThrillKingsOryan visited Kentucky  Kingdom for the first time ever. 

First words are in my opinion, this is the best park. It is run by some of the best employees. Every ride is great (besides T3, but we don’t talk about that) and every single ride (besides T3) is underrated. Here is mine and Ryan’s review for the coasters.

Storm Chaser - #1 in the park and in the world for both of us. Most aggressive coaster ever with some of the most insane airtime you can find on a coaster. First drop gives awesome hang time and is super whippy in the back. Rode it three times. Last time we rode it, we had a fist size room for airtime.

Lightning Run - Second favorite for both me and Ryan. Insane ejector airtime, best in the back. We rode it 4 times. Last time we got stapled pretty hard and left sore because of the ejector airtime we got while stapled.

Kentucky Flyer - Great family coaster, has great ejector in the back, especially on the drop. It is a very short ride but is really easy to marathon.

Thunder Run - Pretty underrated wooden coaster. Good airtime on every hill. But do not ride in the back. You will get stapled and jackhammered hard. Front is where it’s at.

Roller Skater - Good ride for the kids, but is very boring. It’s actually pretty rough, and it the back you get beat up.

Flat Rides:

Cyclos - Best flat there. Has insane hangtime. That’s all I need to say. 

FearFall - Drop Tower that was disappointing for us. Good stomach drop but Drop Tower at KI is way better.

Scream Extreme - New generation Zamperla enterprise. It’s an ok flat. You can feel the G’s on the ride a lot. Not the best flat, though.

Mile High Falls - If you don’t like to get wet, don’t ride this. We didn’t really enjoy it that much lol

We got 13 or 14 rides in total in a matter of 7 and a half hours. If you like exhilarating ejector machines, than this is the park for you. Also, it’s a great family park. There aren’t many family rides but almost all of the rides are a height requirement of 48 ft. Kentucky Flyer is the perfect coaster for people to start riding coasters, so if you have a kid, take them to Kentucky Flyer first. We did not ride T3 because we didn’t want to be even more sore than we already were from the extreme airtime we experienced on the coasters we rode. I definitely recommend this park and will revisit in the future.

If you guys are wondering, Hurricane Harbor is included in a regular one-day pass. You will have to pass through it to get to some of the rides.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Today me and @ThrillKingsOryan visited Kentucky  Kingdom for the first time ever. 

First words are in my opinion, this is the best park. It is run by some of the best employees. Every ride is great (besides T3, but we don’t talk about that) and every single ride (besides T3) is underrated. Here is mine and Ryan’s review for the coasters.

Storm Chaser - #1 in the park and in the world for both of us. Most aggressive coaster ever with some of the most insane airtime you can find on a coaster. First drop gives awesome hang time and is super whippy in the back. Rode it three times. Last time we rode it, we had a fist size room for airtime.

Lightning Run - Second favorite for both me and Ryan. Insane ejector airtime, best in the back. We rode it 4 times. Last time we got stapled pretty hard and left sore because of the ejector airtime we got while stapled.

Kentucky Flyer - Great family coaster, has great ejector in the back, especially on the drop. It is a very short ride but is really easy to marathon.

Thunder Run - Pretty underrated wooden coaster. Good airtime on every hill. But do not ride in the back. You will get stapled and jackhammered hard. Front is where it’s at.

Roller Skater - Good ride for the kids, but is very boring. It’s actually pretty rough, and it the back you get beat up.

Flat Rides:

Cyclos - Best flat there. Has insane hangtime. That’s all I need to say. 

FearFall - Drop Tower that was disappointing for us. Good stomach drop but Drop Tower at KI is way better.

Scream Extreme - New generation Zamperla enterprise. It’s an ok flat. You can feel the G’s on the ride a lot. Not the best flat, though.

Mile High Falls - If you don’t like to get wet, don’t ride this. We didn’t really enjoy it that much lol

We got 13 or 14 rides in total in a matter of 7 and a half hours. If you like exhilarating ejector machines, than this is the park for you. Also, it’s a great family park. There aren’t many family rides but almost all of the rides are a height requirement of 48 ft. Kentucky Flyer is the perfect coaster for people to start riding coasters, so if you have a kid, take them to Kentucky Flyer first. We did not ride T3 because we didn’t want to be even more sore than we already were from the extreme airtime we experienced on the coasters we rode. I definitely recommend this park and will revisit in the future.

If you guys are wondering, Hurricane Harbor is included in a regular one-day pass. You will have to pass through it to get to some of the rides.

Honestly this park needs a graceful airtime machine. I know the airport is near so 200+ for a hyper would be tough, but the possible raptor by eye of the storm and my the turn into the TTDU of storm chaser will fit nice. I was talking to my cousin since he was at my house when I got home and he said the one we don’t talk about was terrible and he only rode it once. I wouldn’t say KK is the best park tho, I went on a dead day at KI and marathoned Diamondback (before mystic was there) and got multiple rides on each coaster. What the kingdom does outdo KI on is its flats. Cyclos was absolutely insane, and was infinitely better than Delirium and I love Delirium. 
Best part of the park was definitely the laid back ops. Besides the op that tried to (and eventually did) staple me, they didn’t even push the lap bar down at all, and I’d get anywhere from both of my hands pancaked to fist length between my thigh and the lap bar

6 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

I was at this park last summer and I have never been so constantly stapled as I was there. Usually I'm fine with rmc restraints but both Storm Chaser and Lightning Run made me sore after a few runs. Wonderful Water park and food but the dry side left me unimpressed.

Well we haven’t been to many parks so it impressed us

8 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

I was at this park last summer and I have never been so constantly stapled as I was there. Usually I'm fine with rmc restraints but both Storm Chaser and Lightning Run made me sore after a few runs. Wonderful Water park and food but the dry side left me unimpressed.

I only got stapled once. The ride ops were pretty nice. There was once where a lightning run op tried to push my seat down (I’m a smaller built guy and it didn’t need to go down farther) other than that it was really good. A few times the lap bar would come down farther on the ride, but that happens on any coaster