Cedar Point New Procedures for COVID.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/access-passes-and-more

Look at the list of down rides. Dear lord. Shows how well KI pulled it together. 

While this list may change, the following attractions are not currently open: Antique Cars, SlingShot, WindSeeker, Rougarou, Joe Cool’s Dodgem School, Planet Snoopy, Frontier Fling, Wave Swinger, Gemini, Monster, Wicked Twister, Blue Streak, Cedar Downs Racing Derby, Super Himalaya, Top Thrill Dragster.

• Like 1

Not surprised as most of us knew CP would have a struggle with staffing given they couldn't get the internationals and the dorms are not being fully utilized.  The shows will not make up for the amount of rides closed.

It will be an interesting Q3 call to see if opening up made sense from a financial standpoint....

2 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

The theory goes though that they will be bringing in some money from the customers.  The question will be does that money outpace the associated costs of staffing, etc.

The REAL question is how much were they able to trim from their operating budget.  I don't think it takes a lot for at least KI to be profitable the way it sits now.  Especially with no shows and no water park.  On the other side, I have heard that much of the reason for opening as well as adding 2021 was to ward off a mass inundation of requests for refunds.   This may be a loss of a year in order to attempt to salvage 2021.  I'm not sure what their thought process is. 

I think you hit the nail right on the head.  I agree that the current way KI is running should be able to generate some profits.  

It will be interesting to see what happens to Haunt this year (if it even happens this year), and Winterfest, which is show intensive.  Of course, Winterfest is farther off than Haunt.  I would not be surprised to see KI forego the haunted houses, similar to what Kennywood is doing.  

16 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

I think you hit the nail right on the head.  I agree that the current way KI is running should be able to generate some profits.  

It will be interesting to see what happens to Haunt this year (if it even happens this year), and Winterfest, which is show intensive.  Of course, Winterfest is farther off than Haunt.  I would not be surprised to see KI forego the haunted houses, similar to what Kennywood is doing.  

Early prediction: some sort of Octoberfest thing in October, Saturdays and Sundays 11-7. 

• Like 1