New B&M launch/multi launch-style coaster

FlyMartyFly

I saw this video

about a surf coaster for Sea World opening possibly in 2021 and they have received some track so guess Clermont is busy on the coaster and others and with our focus no longer on the track factory, lots of stuff could be underway. Wished I lived closer and I would drive by for a look see. Hint hint. While I don’t want to seem ungrateful for our new coaster, it is always fun to dream about a possible new B&M “blitz-type” multi launch for The Vortex plot of land in the future. Of course we have to get this dreaded COVID wiped out so we can get our world back functioning once again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just now, Zader said:

Traditional B&M OTSR's will headbang. I think vests still give good airtime and they prevent my ears from bleeding

Vest are hydraulic, you will have no room for airtime.  IMO.  Lapbars is where its at on all coasters now.  Look at intamin and vekoma with lap bars on inverted coasters with inversions.

• Like 3

Vest are hydraulic, you will have no room for airtime.  IMO.  Lapbars is where its at on all coasters now.  Look at intamin and vekoma with lap bars on inverted coasters with inversions.

I agree, lap restraints only!! Please!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, coaster sally said:

I don't disagree that a lapbar is superior, but there hasn't been an inverting B&M without OTSRs. The vests do have a more snug fit in some cases, so just don't pull the restraint down as far. (within reason. Obviously safety is important) The vests can still give plenty of room and touch your legs without stapling

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Zader said:

Traditional B&M OTSR's will headbang. I think vests still give good airtime and they prevent my ears from bleeding

What’s confusing to me is that b&m put vest restraints on Banshee. But also designed the ride so that riders won’t headbang. All the elements are drawn out and the opposite of snappy unlike the old b&ms. I think Banshee would have been better with the old restraints because of its hang-time on some of the elements. A ride like Raptor would benefit from the new restraints as the elements are really snappy. 

Are restraints copy written for each Manufacturer?

The reason I ask is automobiles have basically the same seat belt (lap and shoulder) arrangement and differs little from make to make.  With this being said, could B&M use a Copperhead Strike restraint for the Surf coaster or would that be copyright infringement?

1 hour ago, KingsMills79 said:

Are restraints copy written for each Manufacturer?

The reason I ask is automobiles have basically the same seat belt (lap and shoulder) arrangement and differs little from make to make.  With this being said, could B&M use a Copperhead Strike restraint for the Surf coaster or would that be copyright infringement?

It would be patent infringement if anything.