What B&M?

SonofBaconator

The Next B&M?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As a guy who loves polls I added another one. The park's already been blessed with 3 B&Ms and getting more is never a bad thing. That being said what type of B&M would you like to see come to Kings Island next? This is all hypothetical so please vote honestly. I included all models that we do not have just to keep it interesting and avoid bias. I know this thread is going to be met with some controversy but never the less please keep this civil.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

What do I think we will get? Dive. What would I love to see? Floorless. Even though I think those coasters have come and gone I believe, I think that would be a great replacement for Vortex.It could easily have 6 inversions and be a great fit for that land. 

You never know.  Banshee was the first inverted coaster built in a long time.

• Like 1

Dragon Flier is a great family invert, aside from the one @ KI, I haven't ridden any others but hard to imagine being much better than Dragon Flier for a family invert.

With that said, I think something like Fire Chaser express would be a fantastic addition to KI.  KI is lacking in rides that are "thrilling" for the 40" crowd not yet tall enough for the 48" rides (Beast, Racers, Stunt Track, etc...)  IIRC, Fire Chase has a 39" requirement, while FAAC has a 44" high requirement.  I'd love to see 1 more tweener coaster at KI for that 40-44" crowd and their families.  However, there would be no need for a B&M inverted family coaster, FAAC is solid enough for its purpose.

The 2nd ride I think the park needs, after a tweener coaster, is a great RMC.  Since I don't want any of the current woodies rehabbed, it would have to be a ground up RMC, but again, that's not a B&M.

So...for purposes of this poll, the 3rd type coaster I'd love to see at KI is a launched wing coaster.  The only wing coaster I've ridden is Wild Eagle.  While I know it doesn't have the greatest forces, I found it to be a ton of fun.  It would fit in well in the new Area 72 at KI down the road, it would also fit in well in Votex's plot, a side swipe where Vortex's batwing used to be would look pretty cool.

• Like 3

Here's my thought for every B&M on this list:

Dives: The coaster that's labelled as the "One Trick Pony" but is loved by GP. Dives are unique but there's more and more of them popping up which makes it a good and bad choice for KI. Good because the market is beginning to become saturated so it wouldn't hurt to have two dives in the same state. It would be bad because saturation can lead to blandness and the difficulty to be original. My final verdict is that its possible but not likely at this time.

Family: We already have a family invert. Verdict is not likely at all

Floorless: Y'all know my opinion on floorless models. Verdict is yes they should

Flying: This is a tough one. I've watched El Toro Ryan's video on Superman Ultimate Flight and how complex it is which leads me to believe KI wouldn't want to mess with that. There's too many moving parts so to speak. My verdict is, if you go for it, you've been warned. Its not something KI needs and it would be too much of a hassle in my opinion; maybe I'm wrong.

Sit Down: Not necessary with a floorless. Verdict is extremely unlikely

Stand-up: Not a single stand-up has been built past the 90s and if that doesn't tell you anything you better do some research. Verdict is not a chance.

Surf Coaster: This one's interesting since it sounds like it'll be B&M's 1st true take on a launch coaster with modified trains. My verdict is that its too soon to judge.

Wing: Dollywood, Holiday World, and Cedar Point all have them. They're fun rides but the trains and the near miss potential are the selling point of the ride for me. My verdict on this is...maybe. (Kings Dominion needs one more than us)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/15/2020 at 10:33 PM, KI FANATIC 37 said:

What do I think we will get? Dive. What would I love to see? Floorless. Even though I think those coasters have come and gone I believe, I think that would be a great replacement for Vortex.It could easily have 6 inversions and be a great fit for that land. 

I completely agree. Also, though I voted for Floorless, I wouldn't mind seeing a regular B&M sit down come to KI as there aren't a ton out there (Time Machine at the former Hard Rock Park (aka Freestyle Music Park) being the last one built).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...