End of Daily Operations Aug 4th.

In the wake of a pandemic, the amusement park industry has been turned upside down.  Our own Kings Island and parent company Cedar Fair has had many woes getting to even start the season, with some parks in the chain still shut down. Kings Island did not get to open its gates until July 2nd, and daily operations are now scheduled to end August 4th. At the time stamp of this post the park will be closed on Wednesday and Thursday, August 5th and 6th, and again on August 12th and 13th.  Do note that there are some 10 PM closes to look forward to on Friday and Saturday nights in August! Weekend operations start August 22nd until the end of the month. With the uncertain changes with the pandemic, the park has only been releasing their calendar a month at a time which is most certainly understandable. 

Looking back at this last month of operations, KICentral would like to commend Kings Island and Cedar Fair for the job they have done to get the park safely operating for us. The many procedures that have been put into place along with the execution of those policies have been the best in the industry from what has been discussed by KICentral members. Even if you did not agree or like some of the policies, after seeing the practices in place at Kings Island, minds were eased in taking the rest of the family for a fun day at the park. Kings Island keeping you safe is something that is always understood as a park guest.

What has impressed you the most so far this season at Kings Island?  

KICentral hopes all Kings Island fans get the chance to experience Orion this season. Don't forget that the park is offering Passholder Bring-A-Friend tickets for $21.99. More details here.

MVIMG_20200711_111443.jpg

• Like 7

I agree.....I'm definitely concerned about the fact some of the Cedar Fair parks like Carowinds in Charlotte, Canada's Wonderland in Vaughan, Ontario, Kings Dominion in Doswell/Richmond, Va., Knott's Berry Farm in Southern California, California's Great America in Santa Clara, California and Valleyfair in Minneapolis-St. Paul are still shut down due to the COVID19 pandemic....I can understand how people that lives close to these parks feel about the shutdown due to the COVID19....As far as I'm concerned that I don't really see these Cedar Fair parks that I mentioned above aren't going to be open anytime soon at all this year.....That's what got me concerned but I know many people are very upset and frustrated about it.   As for those who have Silver Pass, Gold Pass and Cedar Fair Platinum Pass for these parks have had automatically loaded the pass plus the add-ons (eat and drink plans, etc) for 2021 which they have extended through the end of next year.   I know I have my Kings Island Gold Pass for 2020 along with eat and drink plans extended to end of 2021 as well...fortunately, I got my new Kings Island/Cedar Fair gold all season bottle for 2020 earlier this month.   As for the 10pm closings on Fridays and Saturdays will definitely work to my advantage this year so I don't have to deal with the earlier closings as restrictions.

• Like 1

I’m actually in favor of this. 8:00 during the week and 10:00 on weekends? I’d take that any day over 11-7. Yeah having some down days stinks, but the good outweighs the bad. 

I must applaud KI. They’ve done much better with all this than most any of us gave them credit for. 

• Like 6

To be clear, the park may still very well be open in September (although they always have limited operations on weekends in September due to company buy outs) and October.  The park is just releasing the operating calendar in one month increments at the present time.  

As someone who works 7-5, I am glad they are staying open later.  The 11-7 hours were kind of difficult for me to enjoy the park after work.

• Like 1

Kudos to Cedar Fair for the decisive and early decision to bite the bullet and extend all passes through 2021.  They were the first and I believe the only ones to extend through the next year.  I have done my best to spend over and above what I normally would this season just to hopefully help them out and show my appreciation. 

Kudos also to the IT department at Kings Island.  I believe most of the IT for the chain is developed from and tested at KI.  They did a great job with the reservation system (as long as it lasted) and their efforts are appreciated.

Finally kudo's to the staff at KI.  All levels of management and employees.  I can honestly say I have yet to run across an employee that was negative about the situation this year.  Keep up the good work, it's noticed and appreciated. "Thanks for working 2020"

• Like 5

4 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

To be clear, the park may still very well be open in September (although they always have limited operations on weekends in September due to company buy outs) and October.  The park is just releasing the operating calendar in one month increments at the present time.  

As someone who works 7-5, I am glad they are staying open later.  The 11-7 hours were kind of difficult for me to enjoy the park after work.

I do not think park sellouts will be an issue this year.