Questions about HoliWood Nights and Keys to the Kingdom 2020

Thinking of doing my first ever coaster roadtrip to hit Holiwood Nights and Keys to the Kingdom and just have a few questions before I commit to anything:

1. Has HW or KK released their COVID-19 safety guidelines for their events?

2. Is there an itinerary for Keys to the Kingdom like there is for Holiwood Nights? Do we know how much ERT there is expected to be?

3. How beneficial even is ERT at KK? I have never been to KK but I get the impression that it isn't a very crowded park. If I go on Friday before hitting up HW will it be dead enough to marathon LR and SC? 

4. How long are the lines at Holiwood Nights? Can you pretty much just walk onto anything or is there still a decent line for Voyage? How many people usually show up?

5. I am a broke college student and don't want to pay for lodging. Is it okay if I just sleep in my car in the HW parking lot? Are there cheap lodging options in the are

6. I see that you have to join an enthusiast club to purchase tickets to HoliWood Nights. Is there any advantage to joining one club over the other? Is there one with a student rate?

7. I would be making the trip solo as my friend who I usually attend parks with has to work that weekend. I've never done a park solo before. Would anyone on this subreddit like to meet up?

8. Would anyone in the SW Ohio region be interested in carpooling to and from the event?

9. When do the tickets for HoliWood Nights usually go off sale? I don't really want to commit so far out in advance. 

Thank you!

I can't answer all the questions as I've never been to Holiwood Nights yet. I do have a ticket to both events that weekend. If its anything like other events I have been too lines are usually very short or walk on. Either way much shorter than a normal Fri-Sat in the park. With Covid and half full trains that may change. You are also getting some hard to get night rides in Holiday World. I am a single rider and I'm sure many others will be going alone too. Again due to Covid the rules for meeting and hanging out with strangers or riding with them will likely change. It may mean no rides on the water coasters for example.  I did not get any during my visit a few weeks ago. I'm in the Columbus area but again due to Covid it is not wise to carpool with strangers. If you want to sleep in your car find a rest stop nearby but that time of year its still hot at night. Otherwise hotels 7 or more miles away are a bit cheaper.Nobody really knows about Keys to the Kingdom. Its brand new. I assume they chose that day due to many of us driving right by the park on the way home Sunday. The final thing of note this Covid keeps going from bad to worse. I don't even know for sure there will be an event at the end of Aug the way things are going nor do I know if I still want to go. I'm strongly leaning toward a no and seeing if I can get refunds. Its partly why I went ahead and went 3 weeks ago. I have no idea what the end of Aug is going to be like. Nor do I have high hopes that things will be back to normal by the end of May for the next Holiwood Nights without a vaccine.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

I would recommend delaying it until next year. People are flying in around the country, and with an ongoing pandemic, it’s not the time to be part of crowded events.

If it ends up being anything like the Thrills in the Hills event I attended at Dollywood last month it will be the farthest thing from crowded. There were only 48 people for the event.