Vortex question

Vortex1987

Out of curiosity, why did the park choose not to sell peices of Vortex? Ive been aching for months to get my hands on a small peice of track (someone on reddit said they had a peice, i cant remember who or when it was posted) or a bolt or something. Why didnt they do this like with Son of Beast? If anyone here comes across any peices, LET ME KNOW ASAP. Vortex is my #1 of all time. And watching it go down was like, well, taking an arrow to the heart. Please anyone here let me know!

• Like 4

I hope they do sell some small, plaque mounted pieces of Vortex. That coaster meant a lot to a lot of people, it would be nice to give those people a chance to own a little something to remember her, as well as to help the park generate some much needed revenue.

• Like 5

^if i lived closer i would LOL. I live 3 hours away though. https://www.ebay.com/itm/124272328530

WHY DIDNT I SEE THIS?! 

There went my only chance.

Too bad i never got a message back from him on shipping prices. :(

Im begging anyone here, help me get my hands on arrow history. Please you guys... im still waiting on his reply, and im getting worried.

My guess is that the management doesn't want the public to dwell on the decommissioning of one of the park's most cherished roller coasters. Son of Beast was a massive PR disaster that couldn't have had any worse press than it did. Removal of such a notorious structure was hardly a blight on the park's image. Demolishing Vortex, however, is likely something executives dreaded having to do. My assumption is that they want us to look forward and remember the good times we had, rather than us remembering our favorite Arrow being reduced to a pile of steel.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, standbyme said:

It would have been easy money for them....certainly something they could use now. :(

The park could have easily auctioned off or sold tiny pieces of the ride and donated the proceeds to a charity they've worked with in the past, like Give Kids the World or A Kid Again. It would've been for a great cause, would've been great publicity for the park, and would've satisfied all the enthusiasts who would've loved to own a piece of history. Could've been a win-win-win. I'm amazed that the park (at least as of yet) hasn't done anything with the ride's remnants.

• Like 3

Where did you get a washer off Firehawk? Lucky you! Id give anything in the world to get my hands on a peice of Vortex, wether it be a bolt or a track peice or anything!! But, sadly, i cant get one. Unless someone here can help me out my birthday dreams are completely crushed.  I want a peice. Severely. A bolt, a washer, a track peice, heck anything would do. Who did the demolition of Vortex? Even though it probably wont work, im going to give it a try. Please you guys, help me get my hands on arrow history.

53 minutes ago, Vortex1987 said:

Where did you get a washer off Firehawk? Lucky you! Id give anything in the world to get my hands on a peice of Vortex, wether it be a bolt or a track peice or anything!! But, sadly, i cant get one. Unless someone here can help me out my birthday dreams are completely crushed.  I want a peice. Severely. A bolt, a washer, a track peice, heck anything would do. Who did the demolition of Vortex? Even though it probably wont work, im going to give it a try. Please you guys, help me get my hands on arrow history.

You know, I might know a guy, I'll ask. And I got the washer cause some of the footers for Firehawk are still there. Asked if I could have it and they said sure.

1 hour ago, Vortex1987 said:

O’Rourke Wrecking Company is responsible for Vortex’s demolition.

31 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

There are pieces of the ride that still exist (outside of two track pieces). The rest has likely been melted down 

I'm inclined to agree with this. However, this virus has put a halt to many aspects of the manufacturing industry. I'd honestly believe anything at this point.

I'm thinking they might do something like phantoms revenge or incredible hulk with using the track piece as theming for the upcoming coaster that might fill that spot. If that's the case, then we're most likely going to see some sort of multi-inversion coaster as it's reminiscent of Vortex's inversion record when it opened. Maybe we'll get a 15 inversion coaster? (pipe dream I know)

Side note though, would the inversion record be all that expensive to get? It would be a huge draw for the park if they can get a 2nd world record (first being beast's length) The Smiler at Alton Towers cost about $23m to build and Steel Curtain being $20m. We could get 15 for $25m I bet from S&S, or $30m from Mack. Heh, imagine a Mack multi-launch that breaks the inversion record. If any of you have a spare $30m lying around, I bet Cedar Fair would gladly accept a donation and let you build whatever you wanted.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IceePirate said:

I'm thinking they might do something like phantoms revenge or incredible hulk with using the track piece as theming for the upcoming coaster that might fill that spot. If that's the case, then we're most likely going to see some sort of multi-inversion coaster as it's reminiscent of Vortex's inversion record when it opened. Maybe we'll get a 15 inversion coaster? (pipe dream I know)

Side note though, would the inversion record be all that expensive to get? It would be a huge draw for the park if they can get a 2nd world record (first being beast's length) The Smiler at Alton Towers cost about $23m to build and Steel Curtain being $20m. We could get 15 for $25m I bet from S&S, or $30m from Mack. Heh, imagine a Mack multi-launch that breaks the inversion record. If any of you have a spare $30m lying around, I bet Cedar Fair would gladly accept a donation and let you build whatever you wanted.

That would be cool to see the track pieces used as theming, but people thought the same thing when they kept the top piece of Firehawk’s loop, but to this day, I still don’t know what happened to it. I would like a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster, though. Something like a longer Hangtime would look imposing and awesome in the skyline, and it would also look amazing at night if they decide to give it a lightning package. It would be awesome if they tried to go for the inversion record too.

11 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Maybe one day the park can pull the two track pieces aside with some steel cutters and sell small pieces of track as souvenirs along with a certificate of authenticity. Ideally, they would just do what they did with Son of Beast.

I wish they would. Id give anything for a small peice of my favorite ride of all time. If only they would..... :(

• Like 3

• 1 month later...