Vortex question

Vortex1987

Good eye! I knew one was from Firehawk (with the red and green), but I had to look at it closer to realize the second one was from Vortex. What a cool souvenir! :D

EDIT: Personally, I'm more of a fan of the Firehawk piece, especially as it's both red and green; representing the ride's past and (at one time) present. B)

• Like 1

^i don't care if its ugly. Its a personal thing to me. Vortex holds a special place in my heart as my favorite ride of all time. Its been my favorite since ive been a child. My plaque in my room has been sitting here for almost a year waiting for this. Id give anything on earth for a small piece. Anything.

• Like 2

^if i lived closer i would LOL. I live 3 hours away though. https://www.ebay.com/itm/124272328530

WHY DIDNT I SEE THIS?! 
There went my only chance.
Too bad i never got a message back from him on shipping prices.

Im begging anyone here, help me get my hands on arrow history. Please you guys... im still waiting on his reply, and im getting worried.

Well the auction was cancelled as I figured it would be.
Also a 1ft section of the tube part of the track weighs about 25lbs, so shipping would not be cheap.

I recently saw a piece sell for $500, I assume it was sold.

You never know what the park will do. Don’t give up hope yet. You never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Id take even a tiny peice. The plaque i have would be perfect for a tiny peice. I just wish i could get my hands on one. Its been sitting in my room for almost a year unused. I just cant get ahold of one sadly. I might throw this plaque away honestly because im unsure if its ever going to be used. :( I just want one piece. Thats it. A tiny piece. :(

• Like 1

This is very cool!

A limited number of track slices from the retired Vortex roller coaster will be available to purchase this weekend at Kings Island in the Emporium store on International Street. For $198.70, guests will receive a kit that includes a 1.5 inch slice of track capped with metal plates and mounted in a display stand, a certificate of authenticity signed by Kings Island’s executive vice president and general manager Mike Koontz and a limited edition Vortex postcard set.

vortexslice768.jpg

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2020/september/own-a-slice-of-history-from-the-vortex-roller-coaster

• Like 4