Vortex question

Vortex1987

On 9/29/2020 at 5:16 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

Cool yes, but it's a joke to sell it at that price! I'm sure some hardcore enthusiasts will dish out the cash but I just can't see myself being a proud owner a small piece of track for that price. Much like watching a live broadway or movie, at the end if you can forget about the price you paid because of the enjoyment you got out of the product provided to you I consider that a good investment. This I would have on a shelf as a looming reminder of spending $200.

• Like 4

I appreciate the park offering it up. It's not exactly what some of us were looking for, but they have provided a polished product for those who want and can afford it. Marketing dept kicked in, and here it is. At the end of the day it's better than nothing for many who were clamoring for a piece of Vortex. Take it or leave it. For $198.70. 

• Like 2

I was hoping some sections of track from Vortex’s demolition could be fabricated into a monument to the legacy of KI’s record-breaking multi-inversion coaster. Rather, it seems they were sliced into $198.70 mementos. As much as I want to buy a memento, I wonder if the demolition contractor still has salvaged track it has yet to recycle? The less cynical me hopes proceeds from the mementos will fund a monument, or perhaps something greater to replace our sorely missed legendary invert. 

• Like 2

Remember kiddies, you asked for it, now you get to buy it. 

I'm pretty excited, I have a fat stack of change ready for Saturday to buy two of them and head back home afterwards.  It's another piece for the KI collection I have in the curio closet.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

For real enthusiast and collectors this price is a drop in the bucket. Don’t like the price, then move along.

I mean we're in the middle of an economic recession, I don't think you need to spend $200 to prove that you loved Vortex. You can be a real coaster enthusiast without having to spend $200 on a 1.5 inch sliver of roller coaster track.

• Like 10

I am a "real" enthusiast and Vortex is important to me.  But I have other things to devote money to.  If someone wants it and is willing to pay it, more power to them.  But others who are not willing to pay that price, don't feel like you are any less "real" of an enthusiast than others who appear to be the self-appointed GateKeeper of enthusiasm.

Edit: There seems to be a auto spell checker that is changing GateKeeper to GateKeeper.

Edited by BeeastFarmer
typo
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I am a "real" enthusiast and Vortex is important to me.  But I have other things to devote money to.  If someone wants it and is willing to pay it, more power to them.  But others who are not willing to pay that price, don't feel like you are any less "real" of an enthusiast than others who appear to be the self-appointed GateKeeper of enthusiasm.

Edit: There seems to be a auto spell checker that is changing GateKeeper to GateKeeper.

That $198 will buy you a platinum pass or a yearly pass at most parks not Disney or Universal and get you a whole year of fun.

• Like 2

If enthusiast are contemplating not getting one because of cost, I’d assume it’s will be a hard pass for GP. It feels a little dirty considering everyone just wants a piece of the ride they loved and have great memories riding with family. I wish they had more price options like a bag of bolts for $10 or a track section not in a plaque. Something for everyone. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vortex1987 said:

That $200 doesnt mean much to me. I dont care. Im happy i finally get my peice of Vortex. Finally. Its completely worth it to me. 

And I am so happy for you!  And I promise, if I ever see any postings like the one that had Vortex and Firehawk pieces, I will forward the info to you.  Reading your posts and seeing how important it is to you, it literally made my day to see that KI is giving you piece of Vortex you wanted.  Congratulations!  

• Like 5

I am sure Kings Island would not like one of their bloggers having this kind of attitude towards others.

I think everyone is taking this out of context. I’m saying for the people that are die hard and make it a point to collect rare items this is a drop in the bucket. They will spend the money. Your everyday enthusiast or gp are probably not going to spend the money. I’m not saying anyone is less of an enthusiast. Just like car collectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

I bought the SoB plaque. It was what? $250? 

My memory is not that great...but I thought it was $99.99...maybe $149.99...and wasn’t the bolt around $25.00?

Edit: Yeah it was $99.99...for the record, the park backed out of selling the wood.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/10/09/kings-island-sells-pieces-of-troubled-son-of-beast-roller-coaster/amp/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, coaster sally said:

I am sure Kings Island would not like one of their bloggers having this kind of attitude towards others.

I’m sure the mods on this site would not like one of their users having this kind of attitude towards an enthusiast who has spent countless hours collecting and restoring KI history. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

I’m sure the mods on this site would not like one of their users having this kind of attitude towards an enthusiast who has spent countless hours collecting and restoring KI history. 

Credibility of members on KIC is earned by the words they post and how they handle the conversations in the threads.  We have all flubbed up here and there. Sometimes what we post is not read how we intended them to be taken. @Oldschool75explained his verbiage later in the thread.

The mods want everyone to be respectful of each other at all times, and once something is resolved to move on from it.  With everything going on in the world, it is hard to not bring those emotions and feelings to KIC. Remember we are all here for the same reason and we hope this is a reprieve from external things going on outside of the kicentral.com forums.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see KI doing The Vortex track collectible - even if it is on the pricey side.

If anyone is heading to the park this weekend and is willing to help an out of state Vortex (and Arrow) fan out by picking one of these up and shipping it to me - please PM me here.  I will obviously compensate you for your trouble!

• Like 2