Vortex question

Vortex1987

22 hours ago, IceePirate said:

Idk, y'all think that increases or decreases the value?

Are you kidding? It's a piece of roller coaster track that traveled BACKWARDS in time! Not only is it valuable from a coaster enthusiasts standpoint, it's important to the study of time travel!

Nah, I think an increase in value is dependent on how many were done like that. If it's all of them, then no change. If that's the only one like that, then that might change things.

• Haha 3

On 12/9/2020 at 1:21 PM, IceePirate said:

So funny thing and I wonder if this happened to anyone else, one of the pieces that I didn't send to my bud had a misprint on the engraving. the year is 1020 instead of 2020 lol

Part of me says, "wow, that's a rare collector's item."  And another part says, "It cost $230 for a track piece and they couldn't even get the label plate correct?"

• Like 1

In addition to the 1019 engraving, I have noticed how one of the cards that comes with the piece says Vortex featured two “verticle” loops.

I think it’s funny, yet also a turnoff, especially for someone who’s a grammar perfectionist like me! :P But all that matters in the end is that many of my fellow Vortex fans were able to get a piece of a ride so special to us.

• Like 4

:wub:My dream has come true.:wub::):) Im so happy right now that I'm almost in tears. I can't believe it has happened. Thank you IMMENSELY IceePirate. Thank you KIC. Thank you Kings Island for giving me the chance to own a slice of Arrow history. Thank you everyone here for helping me make this happen. Thank you KIC. I wish i could show you all how happy i am right now, but through here its impossible! Thank you so much IceePirate for making my dreams come true. Thank you everyone!! :wub:

16081713136006768805894080376474.jpg

16081713276994912991604149082818.jpg

16081713444102479944099135366230.jpg

16081713768308609089569278596781.jpg

20201216_214908.jpg

20201216_214942.jpg

20201216_215003.jpg

20201217_140135.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Vortex1987 said:

:wub:My dream has come true.:wub::):) Im so happy right now that I'm almost in tears. I can't believe it has happened. Thank you IMMENSELY IceePirate. Thank you KIC. Thank you Kings Island for giving me the chance to own a slice of Arrow history. Thank you everyone here for helping me make this happen. Thank you KIC. I wish i could show you all how happy i am right now, but through here its impossible! Thank you so much IceePirate for making my dreams come true. Thank you everyone!! :wub:

I am so glad @IceePirate was able to do this for you through KIC! An example of how KIC is such a unique forum of people. I have to give credit to KIC and KI for my wife and I am not the only marriage or relationship through this site.

• Like 1

Oh sweet, it came a day early. The shipping estimate told me Thursday. Glad to see that it got to you safely though. Appreciate your trust in me as well to have spanned back since September and what was originally going to be until the end of Jan. Anywho, enjoy your piece of Vortex Memorabilia, I think I may be one of if not the only person on this forum who truly knows how excited you are about this.

• Like 4

Ill admit it, I cried tears of joy when I opened the box. IceePirate, i agree with you on that! :) Its now my most cherished possession i own. And it always will be. It has given me closure with Vortex's removal. Im happy i finally have a peice of Arrow history. Vortex, you will live on forever in our hearts and in our rooms! :wub::wub:

• Like 3

21 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I know we may never know but I am still very curious as to why the ride was removed. The timing for its removal just seems so off to me.

Kings Island: A Ride Through Time will be out in the spring, and there will be a section diving into the reasons/timing behind Vortex's removal.

• Like 5

Just a random note, one thing I think thats pretty cool about these is that the park didnt paint the slices and try to make them look nice. They left them raw and you can see the wear on the rails done over the years. Which to me adds historical value to it. And makes it cooler because each peice is unique! No two peices are alike! 

• Like 1