Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Vortex1987

Vortex question

Recommended Posts

Out of curiosity, why did the park choose not to sell peices of Vortex? Ive been aching for months to get my hands on a small peice of track (someone on reddit said they had a peice, i cant remember who or when it was posted) or a bolt or something. Why didnt they do this like with Son of Beast? If anyone here comes across any peices, LET ME KNOW ASAP. Vortex is my #1 of all time. And watching it go down was like, well, taking an arrow to the heart. Please anyone here let me know!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I can remember they haven't sold pieces of anything since Son of Beast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would have been easy money for them....certainly something they could use now. :(

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Snowball said:

As far as I can remember they haven't sold pieces of anything since Son of Beast.

They sold track mounted to a Plaque for Son of Beast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they do sell some small, plaque mounted pieces of Vortex. That coaster meant a lot to a lot of people, it would be nice to give those people a chance to own a little something to remember her, as well as to help the park generate some much needed revenue.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^if i lived closer i would LOL. I live 3 hours away though. https://www.ebay.com/itm/124272328530

 

WHY DIDNT I SEE THIS?! 

There went my only chance.

Too bad i never got a message back from him on shipping prices. :(

 

Im begging anyone here, help me get my hands on arrow history. Please you guys... im still waiting on his reply, and im getting worried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is that the management doesn't want the public to dwell on the decommissioning of one of the park's most cherished roller coasters. Son of Beast was a massive PR disaster that couldn't have had any worse press than it did. Removal of such a notorious structure was hardly a blight on the park's image. Demolishing Vortex, however, is likely something executives dreaded having to do. My assumption is that they want us to look forward and remember the good times we had, rather than us remembering our favorite Arrow being reduced to a pile of steel.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a washer from Firehawk. Would probably be pretty easy to get something small like that from Vortex, a track piece though...quite a bit harder. I'd suggest calling the demolition company and asking what they're doing with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, standbyme said:

It would have been easy money for them....certainly something they could use now. :(

The park could have easily auctioned off or sold tiny pieces of the ride and donated the proceeds to a charity they've worked with in the past, like Give Kids the World or A Kid Again. It would've been for a great cause, would've been great publicity for the park, and would've satisfied all the enthusiasts who would've loved to own a piece of history. Could've been a win-win-win. I'm amazed that the park (at least as of yet) hasn't done anything with the ride's remnants.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where did you get a washer off Firehawk? Lucky you! Id give anything in the world to get my hands on a peice of Vortex, wether it be a bolt or a track peice or anything!! But, sadly, i cant get one. Unless someone here can help me out my birthday dreams are completely crushed.  I want a peice. Severely. A bolt, a washer, a track peice, heck anything would do. Who did the demolition of Vortex? Even though it probably wont work, im going to give it a try. Please you guys, help me get my hands on arrow history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Vortex1987 said:

Where did you get a washer off Firehawk? Lucky you! Id give anything in the world to get my hands on a peice of Vortex, wether it be a bolt or a track peice or anything!! But, sadly, i cant get one. Unless someone here can help me out my birthday dreams are completely crushed.  I want a peice. Severely. A bolt, a washer, a track peice, heck anything would do. Who did the demolition of Vortex? Even though it probably wont work, im going to give it a try. Please you guys, help me get my hands on arrow history.

You know, I might know a guy, I'll ask. And I got the washer cause some of the footers for Firehawk are still there. Asked if I could have it and they said sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vortex1987 said:

Where did you get a washer off Firehawk? Lucky you! Id give anything in the world to get my hands on a peice of Vortex, wether it be a bolt or a track peice or anything!! But, sadly, i cant get one. Unless someone here can help me out my birthday dreams are completely crushed.  I want a peice. Severely. A bolt, a washer, a track peice, heck anything would do. Who did the demolition of Vortex? Even though it probably wont work, im going to give it a try. Please you guys, help me get my hands on arrow history.

O’Rourke Wrecking Company is responsible for Vortex’s demolition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are pieces of the ride that still exist (outside of two track pieces). The rest has likely been melted down 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IceePirate, keep me updated. Let me know what the guy has ASAP. I really want my peice of arrow history. And how would i get ahold of O Rourke?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

There are pieces of the ride that still exist (outside of two track pieces). The rest has likely been melted down 

I'm inclined to agree with this. However, this virus has put a halt to many aspects of the manufacturing industry. I'd honestly believe anything at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

I'm inclined to agree with this. However, this virus has put a halt to many aspects of the manufacturing industry. I'd honestly believe anything at this point.

The pieces that still exists are only bolts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe one day the park can pull the two track pieces aside with some steel cutters and sell small pieces of track as souvenirs along with a certificate of authenticity. Ideally, they would just do what they did with Son of Beast.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking they might do something like phantoms revenge or incredible hulk with using the track piece as theming for the upcoming coaster that might fill that spot. If that's the case, then we're most likely going to see some sort of multi-inversion coaster as it's reminiscent of Vortex's inversion record when it opened. Maybe we'll get a 15 inversion coaster? (pipe dream I know)

Side note though, would the inversion record be all that expensive to get? It would be a huge draw for the park if they can get a 2nd world record (first being beast's length) The Smiler at Alton Towers cost about $23m to build and Steel Curtain being $20m. We could get 15 for $25m I bet from S&S, or $30m from Mack. Heh, imagine a Mack multi-launch that breaks the inversion record. If any of you have a spare $30m lying around, I bet Cedar Fair would gladly accept a donation and let you build whatever you wanted.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IceePirate said:

I'm thinking they might do something like phantoms revenge or incredible hulk with using the track piece as theming for the upcoming coaster that might fill that spot. If that's the case, then we're most likely going to see some sort of multi-inversion coaster as it's reminiscent of Vortex's inversion record when it opened. Maybe we'll get a 15 inversion coaster? (pipe dream I know)

Side note though, would the inversion record be all that expensive to get? It would be a huge draw for the park if they can get a 2nd world record (first being beast's length) The Smiler at Alton Towers cost about $23m to build and Steel Curtain being $20m. We could get 15 for $25m I bet from S&S, or $30m from Mack. Heh, imagine a Mack multi-launch that breaks the inversion record. If any of you have a spare $30m lying around, I bet Cedar Fair would gladly accept a donation and let you build whatever you wanted.

That would be cool to see the track pieces used as theming, but people thought the same thing when they kept the top piece of Firehawk’s loop, but to this day, I still don’t know what happened to it. I would like a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster, though. Something like a longer Hangtime would look imposing and awesome in the skyline, and it would also look amazing at night if they decide to give it a lightning package. It would be awesome if they tried to go for the inversion record too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Maybe one day the park can pull the two track pieces aside with some steel cutters and sell small pieces of track as souvenirs along with a certificate of authenticity. Ideally, they would just do what they did with Son of Beast.

I wish they would. Id give anything for a small peice of my favorite ride of all time. If only they would..... :(

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw this at the park this weekend and was surprised something so big still existed!?

2F293AD9-8D18-48A4-BF37-2479EC6F43FA.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...